DVDVR Message Board

IT'S STILL THE NFL PRESEASON

Gonzo

To a lot of guys, to be blunt, football is the easiest way out of a shitty life if they have one. Baseball is not really an option for a lot of guys who end up in the NFL. Basketball can be, but you have to be a lot bigger than the average NFL player. If you're from a more well off area you have more options of course, but the NFL is the best way for a lot of black athletes who grow up here. Same with baseball for international players for a whole other reason. I would still be amused to see Arian Foster, worldwide badminton superstar.

• Like 1

Go see "Gleason", the new documentary about Steve Gleason and his fight with ALS. It's gut-wrenching at times, hilarious at times, and always raw. 

I probably couldn't watch it since it would hit too close to home (my uncle has had ALS for 11 years now, obviously he isn't doing well but still hanging on somehow), but I'm sure its a well-done piece and worth watching for anyone that can handle it.

Apparently the field conditions are so bad for the Hall of Fame game tonight that they are considering cancelling the game.  This is a new stadium and people are saying that it is like playing on concrete and gravel right now.  It looked like they just painted the field

Of course ESPN who hasn't given a shit about this game in 10 years are treating it like the end of the NFL and "people should be fired"

Actually, it's the same stadium which supposedly underwent a complete renovation.

Quoting Schefter from Twitter:

The paint that was applied today on middle of field, and in endzones, has congealed; would be like playing on tar. Game now doubtful.

Edit: Schefter is now saying that the game has been cancelled.

41 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Apparently the field conditions are so bad for the Hall of Fame game tonight that they are considering cancelling the game.  This is a new stadium and people are saying that it is like playing on concrete and gravel right now.  It looked like they just painted the field

Of course ESPN who hasn't given a shit about this game in 10 years are treating it like the end of the NFL and "people should be fired"

Considering this is the only time of the year that people nationally give a shit about a game played there, someone probably should be. Although anything that pisses off the WWL amusing me greatly. . . . 

6 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I probably couldn't watch it since it would hit too close to home (my uncle has had ALS for 11 years now, obviously he isn't doing well but still hanging on somehow), but I'm sure its a well-done piece and worth watching for anyone that can handle it.

Thanks for making it about you

Even if it's pre-season, it's still NFL football.  Especially that it's NFL football in this media deluge known as the Olympics, which NBC and ESPN are shoving down your throat whether you care about them or not.

CBS Sports Radio says that the refunds to fans will cost north of $4 million, but the Pro Football HOF doesn't actually have $4 million in cash just laying around, so the NFL will probably have to pitch in and help out.

And that's not even counting the inevitable lawsuits from fans seeking to recoup travel costs to the game.

I've heard a couple people saying that those on the grounds crew who were responsible for using the wrong paint should not be fired because of an honest mistake.  When you make a mistake that costs your employer $4 million that they don't actually have, you're going to get fired.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Cleaveland names RGIII the starter.  

Please still be the starter in Week 4

Please still be the starter in Week 4

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

So if Tony Dungy is in the HOF, does that mean George Seifert, Tom Flores, and Mike Holmgren get in next year?

Marty should be in before any of them, but he's not Peter King's buddy, so you know. . . .

• Like 1

I get that Flores has the taint of his Seahawks run, and Seifert has his Panthers run to bring them down, and Flores was viewed as being a puppet for Al Davis and Seifert was riding on Bill Walsh' coattails, but those 1983 and 1994 teams were all theirs.

Winning two Super Bowls with Jim Plunkett should be enough to get you in the HOF.

Julian Edelman comes off the PUP list

Immediately gets hurt again

Tom Curran of CSN New England reports that Edelman walked off the field “with disgust” and threw his helmet away before sitting on a cart to be examined by a trainer. Curran said that Edelman’s lower left leg was the area of concern for the medical staff.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2016 at 10:57 PM, Jerome Miller said:

So if Tony Dungy is in the HOF, does that mean George Seifert, Tom Flores, and Mike Holmgren get in next year?

Not unless they become insufferable homophobic self-righteous douchebags first.

• Like 9