DVDVR Message Board

IT'S STILL THE NFL PRESEASON

Gonzo

On 8/17/2016 at 11:10 PM, Tabe said:

Hey, he won a ring as a player/coach with the Bears!  Who are you to doubt a man whose teams have won 7 or 8 games 10 different times? 

Some guy, KNOWER OF THINGS, SAYER OF WORDS, KEEPER OF THE THING.

• Like 1

Watching the Steelers vs Eagles game last night (god what a horrible game) and it is painfully clear that if Ben gets hurt again for a period of time that the Steelers should just forfeit the season.  Landry Jones threw 4 interceptions in a half.  that has to be some kind of pre season record.  The backup who used to play for Bengals and Raiders got hurt sliding on a run last week.   Michael Vick was cut which at the time was their smartest decision.  

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:10 PM, Tabe said:

Hey, he won a ring as a player/coach with the Bears!  Who are you to doubt a man whose teams have won 7 or 8 games 10 different times? 

Two guaranteed wins almost every year for the Colts because Fisher would find a way to lose. I miss that dude being in the AFC South.

• Like 1

When you come to camp fat, and have a four game suspension, and already had some character issues..... and then gain back some weight you actually did lose, then you may get cut. There are just too many running backs that can be solid backups, some positions can get away with that but RB isn't one of them.

• Like 1

You might be able to get away with that shit in some places, but not when you arer at best number two after Shady, and with Reggie Bush being signed. Plus the one thing this organization seems to do is find Rb's like they grow on trees. I know preseason is worthless, but winning is still better than losing. . . .

He'll get picked up by the Patriots and somehow have a 2000 yard all purpose season in only 12 games playing backup just to confuse everyone.

Since he isn't really in playing shape and will miss the first four games, I think his best hope is regain focus and wait for those Week 5 and Week 6 pickups after showing he has done what he needed to do. As long as he regains what he was last year he will get more chances, but he has to make some mental changes.

• Like 1

Lots of the Pats pickups don't work, the media just gets excited when it does. Even if NE picked him up I wouldn't stress over it unless he shows he actually is playing well. I mean they signed Scott Chandler last year from the Bills and everyone was all "ooooooohhhhhh he will compliment Gronk and be awesome" and it never happened. Karlos was solid last year, I liked him, but he must have looked really rough this offseason or he wouldn't have been cut since he was on a really cheap contract.

Bills D looked shockingly good and motivated yesterday, maybe by getting rid of the players that weren't interested in Ryan's defense and with more practice they won't be terrible this year.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2016 at 11:02 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

Bills D looked shockingly good and motivated yesterday, maybe by getting rid of the players that weren't interested in Ryan's defense and with more practice they won't be terrible this year.

Stop getting hopes up. It's best to keep them as low as possible even if your team is the damn Pats of the past 15 years; then, if they do even remotely well or better, the visceral thrill is that much more rewarding before you go back to saying "Eh, they'll fuck it up somehow for another week of misery." At least I sense that's how most fanbases of shitty teams treat life? I so happen to have a bizarrely successful team over my fandom lifespan in the Packers which I really have no explanation for. If I was born in the early 70s, I doubt I'd still be a fan by the time the 90s rolled around.

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

Stop getting hopes up. It's best to keep them as low as possible even if your team is the damn Pats of the past 15 years; then, if they do even remotely well or better, the visceral thrill is that much more rewarding before you go back to saying "Eh, they'll fuck it up somehow for another week of misery." At least I sense that's how most fanbases of shitty teams treat life? I so happen to have a bizarrely successful team over my fandom lifespan in the Packers which I really have no explanation for. If I was born in the early 70s, I doubt I'd still be a fan by the time the 90s rolled around.

Being optimistic is what keeps me alive ;) Always expecting the worst just so you can pretend not to care is the chicken way to be a sports fan. :ph34r:

• Like 2