DVDVR Message Board

July 2016 NXT General Discussion Thread

Rev Ray

She already has her NXT name and it is Nikki Glencross

I am thinking their thought process is that Bella is gonna be long gone before Glencross gets brought up

1 hour ago, JCM said:

It looked liked Bayley wanted to go full Cesaro there for a second.

She could be holding back the surprise until Sunday.

If not, well they are blowing what they have by not having her work with Disney or Nickelodeon right now. 

I know there was a discussion about this a few months ago.  Bayley has a shelf life with respect to her kid-centric look before she becomes Mary Janeish.  You have to strike while that iron is red hot because once she hits a certain age the gimmick becomes creepy.

14 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I can't wait for the Authors of Pain to get called up and look dominating until Cena or the Rock calls them a couple of jacked up D-Lo Browns.

Just wait until they get a browbeating from Steph for failing to take out Roman or Cena

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

FYI, Bayley is on Jericho's podcast today. 

The key points she talks about (in terms of current events)

- She basically has reached that point of frustration where she is wondering why she hasn't been called up. She admitted she basically reached that point at Mania after watching the 3 way and the introduction of the new women's title.

- She didn't think she was ready to be brought up last year when everyone else went up. Besides having the title now to defend - she ended up working people of all different skill levels and she said that helped her grow way more than she would have being up on the main roster

- When brought up - she doesn't want to be thrown into the title picture right away as she wants to be able to reintroduce the character to the WWE crowds. (Jericho did point out that it could work similiar to Enzo & Cass where there are enough hardcores who are super vocal about her that everyone else will start reacting to her because it seems like the "cool" thing to do)

• Like 2

Bayley's in such a tough spot because the expectation seems pretty high when she finally debuts.  She's can't just come in and become an instant contender because it pretty much negates her whole character, but fan aren't going to be patient enough to let her start from the bottom and work her way up.

• Like 2

The one thing about Bayley having stayed in NXT for the past 6 months is that she's truly learning how to bring the other wrestler up in a match. She is getting experience and knowledge that no other woman in the company has. She in a sense could become the female Flair and have a 5 star match with a broom.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Bayley's in such a tough spot because the expectation seems pretty high when she finally debuts.  She's can't just come in and become an instant contender because it pretty much negates her whole character, but fan aren't going to be patient enough to let her start from the bottom and work her way up.

You have her lose a bunch of initial matches but continue to cut positive promos.  Hold a MITB match and have Bayley win.  Bayley comes out the next night at the open when the champ is cutting a promo having her talk about how she will cash her shot in 'the Bayley way.'  Bayley cashes and wins to open the show allowing you to do a major heel angle at the end of the show.

I guess to me, having not listened yet, the maddening thing, is just how they haven't communicated to her what's going on. Triple H coming to her and saying something along the lines of...

"Look, we have a bunch of talent going up, both male and female, and we need you to be a top draw anchoring things during this transition, for the long term health of NXT. You're protecting the futures of everyone who will come after you by helping with this transition. You're acting as an Ace for this specific brand, which is something no female has ever done in this company. I know it's frustrating but what you're doing here is very important and unprecedented. When you do go up, it won't be as part of a batch. It'll be its own, special thing."

... that'd go a long way to alleviating frustration.

• Like 5

We all complain about Stephanie never getting her comeuppance... imagine Bayley going over Stephanie at a Wrestlemania.  If you think about it, she's the perfect foil for Stephanie, especially if they start the star struck/just happy to be on RAW character from semi-scratch again.

Also, I'm taking her appearance on Jericho's show as a sign she's Sasha's mystery partner.  Didn't AJ and Gallows/Anderson make their appearances right before debuting?

• Like 2

Just now, JonnyLaw said:

We all complain about Stephanie never getting her comeuppance... imagine Bayley going over Stephanie at a Wrestlemania.  If you think about it, she's the perfect foil for Stephanie, especially if they start the star struck/just happy to be on RAW character from semi-scratch again.

Also, I'm taking her appearance on Jericho's show as a sign she's Sasha's mystery partner.  Didn't AJ and Gallows/Anderson make their appearances right before debuting?

1.) I'm going to continue to say that her coming up at all is a mistake and they should ride out the special connection she has with a specialized crowd and start pumping money into that to brand her in NXT.

2.) That said, you're probably right. Jericho's all schemey that way.

16 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I guess to me, having not listened yet, the maddening thing, is just how they haven't communicated to her what's going on. Triple H coming to her and saying something along the lines of...

"Look, we have a bunch of talent going up, both male and female, and we need you to be a top draw anchoring things during this transition, for the long term health of NXT. You're protecting the futures of everyone who will come after you by helping with this transition. You're acting as an Ace for this specific brand, which is something no female has ever done in this company. I know it's frustrating but what you're doing here is very important and unprecedented. When you do go up, it won't be as part of a batch. It'll be its own, special thing."

... that'd go a long way to alleviating frustration.

I'm sure HHH has told her all this, and she knows all this by now.  I don't think she frustrated, probably just more cabin fever on Bayley's part than anything else.