DVDVR Message Board

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

The HUD on Vangaurd 1 (v. 1), lists Brother Nero's facts:

Finishing Manuevers: Swanton Bomb, Phony Twist of Fate

Other Attributes: Selfish Traitor, Miscreat, Likes to Play Guitar, and Paint, Likes Motorcycles

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Great, Alvarez ruined my storyline of Reby cheating on Matt with Senor Benjamin to set up the match for Bound for Glory.  I mean they did look pretty chummy together

It's the one angle Vince would be kicking himself for not doing first. 

Sister-in-law sat down while this was on and was wondering aloud if what she was seeing was actually on T.V.? My brother made it that much better by telling her it was backyard wrestling when she could tell it wasn't WWE. I think she halfway thought it was syndicated local crap. She also couldn't wrap her head around the "Hardys Compound" as if these fuckers were fighting on some state farm like Angola. To put it in context this is somebody who recently binge-watched that Pretty Little Liars mess so we're dealing with someone whose tolerance for pointless contrived nonsense is very high but their mind was blown and perception changed forever by "The Final Deletion Of Brother Nero."  

Spoiler

Speaking of Pretty Little Liars, I keep hoping "A" is revealed to be none other than "Double A" Arn Anderson and he shows up just to spinebuster and DDT the hell out of these stuck-up little bitches. Not that I've seen very many, but I understand A has been like 16 different people. Plus Ole was the voice of the Black Scorpion so Arn being "A" would be in keeping with family tradition. But that's neither here nor there.

Anyhow good show. The only thing missing was Marek from No Escape on hand to emcee the evening's festivities.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The Natural said:

CmrwTfQW8AAgoEb.jpg

More like:

I hope to some day experience 1/10 the physical enjoyment that Matt has riding that lawn mower through Brother Nero's front yard. 

• Like 7

If Broken Matt summoning Brother Nero with a violin isn't parodied by at least 1 Lindsey Sterling song, Devil Went Down to Georgia, and both Nakamura themes on Violins by noon EST, I will be dissappoint with the Interwebs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

If Broken Matt summoning Brother Nero with a violin isn't parodied by at least 1 Lindsey Sterling song, Devil Went Down to Georgia, and both Nakamura themes on Violins by noon EST, I will be dissappoint with the Interwebs.

Its on twitter somewhere. Death to All Marks has it up im sure

On full rewatch 3:

- love the latin guitar music as we go to the Fiesta for Maxel's first birthday.

- I think Bix pointed out on twitter, the sign "Happy Birthday Maxel" is signed "Love Momy + Dady"

- I noticed the Brother Nero Facts on a previous run through but just noticed the "Phony Twist of Fate" listed as a finisher

- Jeff's known Aliases:  
Charismatic Enigma
Willow
Jimmy Jack Tompkins
Masked Mountain

disappointed Wolverine and Jinx Brother wasn't on that list.

-  OK, with the obvious camera on V.1.... Can someone do a remix of The Final Deletion like it was the music video for Duran Duran's A View to a Kill.
OH!  They even Dance into the Fire.  MAKE! THIS! HAPPEN!

- I'm just glad Jeff didn't somehow hurt himself during the drone motorcycle chase... then again, after the swanton out of the tree onto the ladder...

- I almost wanted Matt to do the Dr. Evil pinky thing when he announced Jeff's lawn was about to be broken.

- Senor Benjamin doing the wind test before putting the fireworks in the ground.  FUCKING GOLD.

- I feel like there should have been some reference to needing fuel for Nero's kingdom to burn when Matt gives Senor Benjamin the leftover gas...

- Come on internet:  I want Violin Matt memes.   Suggestions:  Devil Went Down to Georgia, Cotton Eyed Joe, That song fiddle song Kahn Jr. plays that Kahn loves so much on King of the Hill, Turkey in the Straw

- Good thing Jeff's hair was wet because he probably would have burnt his hair on that superplex spot.

- Matt just ends up with the kendo stick.  I'm guessing they didn't want to show him vs. his toughest enemy... the bottom rope.

- The rib bite... just so random....

- 11 minutes in, I just noticed that Jeff has something tucked into his belt on his right hand side.  Not sure if it's part of the belt or a luck charm or who knows.

- 15 minutes in... why does the dilapidated boat have a flash light in it?

• Like 2

I loved how they kept in mistakes. They could have re-shot or re-edited but they knew part of its charm was not being perfect. Like at the end you can see Hardy testing out the lighter as Hardy went up, or the mentioned ladder spot (I still have no idea if he was supposed to completely miss Matt or not). I thoroughly enjoyed all of it, something that you don't want to see for two hours but so bizarre and unforgettable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

There are chuck-will's-widows calling in the background during the fireworks fight.

I am not sure if they were added post but I noticed them too.

At this point they should just give Matt the belt and have him keep it at the compound, Apocalypse Now style. Then Dixie can send her minions in to try to recover it unsuccessfully until Jeff returns and we get "Deletion 2" 

• Like 1