DVDVR Message Board

Raw is... Ah hell Game 7 is on who cares

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, The Z said:

How long do you think it will take until Big Show turns on Crews? Next week or will they wait until the PPV?

It's Big Show in an angle, by the PPV I expect him to have reunited with Apollo Crews after having turned on him three times and turning back to face Sheamus and Baron Corbin. They'll go over clean and Big Show will turn on him again before disappearing and returning as a face for his next angle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jstout said:

Here's what bugged me the most: They call a tag team the "Vaudevillans." They have that awesome throwbacky intro. Then they come out, and they're dressed in glow-in-the-dark ring gear that makes them look like extras in "Tron." WTF? And by that, I mean What the Hell? (thanks, Charles Barkley). It's like the WWE writers got together and said "look, these guys have NO chance of getting over" (they don't) "but let's not do them any favors by putting any real thought into their gimmick. Let's completely half-ass it."

How hard would it be to find some kind of ring gear that better suits the gimmick? It's like calling them Vikings and giving them trucker hats. It's a weird spot, because the first thing I think of are the typical strongmen types from "Family Guy," lifting the cartoonish barbells - this could be a fun gimmick if done right - but "Vaudevillans" doesn't really speak to that time. People still make high-front-wheel "penny farthing" bikes - I'm sure they're not cheap, but would be a great investment to have these guys riding out on two of those.

They could do the gimmick right, but they won't. Why bother bringing up anyone and putting them on TV if you're gonna sabotage them by not giving them half a chance from the get-go? Like I said, they're not gonna get over, but at least you gave it your best shot. .If you're not giving it your best shot by design, why bring them up at all?

The most frustrating part of this?

The tag team members themselves could go out & get those bikes themselves, ride them down to the ring for their match, win/lose, go to the back and - instead of being lauded for "grabbing for the brass ring" - they'll get de-pushed or similarly punished. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What would have been wrong about keeping AJ face to see what they have? He's been getting very strong reactions since January..

It was only a few months ago when turning AJ wouldve led to 10 pages of bitching and moaning. But when you book ass backwards for long enough, people stop expecting you to do things that make sense.  I no longer care where anything is going and accept the fact that the lead heels should be the lead faces and the lead faces should be the lead heels and that's just the way it is. The booking is not going to please anyone other than Vince. I think people are just excited AJ has been in a prominent role and performing on such a high level. Even if he doesn't win this feud, the matches are going to be fun as hell. 

Not sure what was more awkward: Shane basically admitting SD is a waste of time currently, Lana forgetting her accent for her first couple of lines, or JBL saying "glory hole" on tv.

Pretty much a throwaway show, other than AJ's turn. After the awesome shades-of-gray Roman/AJ feud, it's pretty disappointing to see the direction go back to forcing crowd reactions against the grain with AJ and Seth.

• Like 1

Someone on here flipped a light switch on for me on Jericho. When he first came back, I thought "he's calling people a stupid idiot, how dumb is that?"

Then someone pointed out awesome it was that Jericho was calling people stupid idiots, and I'm like "yep, now that I'm thinking about it, they're totally right, that is awesome."

He's like Buford T. Justice on the TV version of "Smokey and the Bandit" calling the Bandit "a rascally sort of a fellow."

17 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Was this the first time the Goldberg WWE 2K17 ad aired? I noticed that WWE learned from their mistake with the Sting ad and didn't play it for the live crowd. No sense in getting the crowd excited over a possible Goldberg return only for it to be revealed as a video game.  

they did play it for th live crowd a small goldberg chant started and died quickly people seemed excited fornthe announcement though

Being there live was a lot of fun but i could see it dragging if you were at home. the Cena/AJ segment had unreal crowd reaction. Roman is the biggest heel they have the heat he generates is the most I've ever experienced live just pictures or video of him on the tron was met with thunderous boooos. 

judging by merch people had and bought Cena, New Day, Enzo and Cass and Dean are way more popular than Roman. Nee Day shirts everywhere those guys must love their royalty checks

Jericho and Owens are always hilarious together. Obviously Owens is too valuable to be in a tag team but I like having them loosely aligned.

"I thought things were good between us. You called me a goat, I called you a donkey. I thought things were well."

• Like 4

I turned the hulu version of Raw on to see how it came across on TV and holy shit did they mute the crowd during the Roman/Rollins segment. Roman and Seth were both drawing a good amount if heat but on tv it just came off as flat I can't helo but think this is gonna keep hurti Roman having thr guy come out to su subdued crowds he comes off as a underwhelming champ

28 minutes ago, Sublime said:

I turned the hulu version of Raw on to see how it came across on TV and holy shit did they mute the crowd during the Roman/Rollins segment. Roman and Seth were both drawing a good amount if heat but on tv it just came off as flat I can't helo but think this is gonna keep hurti Roman having thr guy come out to su subdued crowds he comes off as a underwhelming champ

Did you see the sign that said (I think) "Please don't mute us, Mr. Dunn"?

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What would have been wrong about keeping AJ face to see what they have? He's been getting very strong reactions since January..

Oh you see, keeping AJ face goes against all the plans they have for Roman and Cena. So would a face Rollins. Roman/Cena is everything they want for Summerslam so they just need for that to happen and if they have to break a few eggs (AJ, The Club, Rollins return) to do that...well than so be it.

But we humans have free will. So we'll cheer them anyway.

3 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Oh you see, keeping AJ face goes against all the plans they have for Roman and Cena. So would a face Rollins. Roman/Cena is everything they want for Summerslam so they just need for that to happen and if they have to break a few eggs (AJ, The Club, Rollins return) to do that...well than so be it.

But we humans have free will. So we'll cheer them anyway.

HHH should create the "Vince McMahon Boner belt", having Cena and Reigns fighting only each other for it in their own little corner of the WWE Universe, away from the rest of the roster.

If Cena/Reigns is what we get for Summerslam, I hope that match gets shit upon so badly. Think a Lesnar/Goldberg WM20 type reaction.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

HHH should create the "Vince McMahon Boner belt", having Cena and Reigns fighting only each other for it in their own little corner of the WWE Universe, away from the rest of the roster.

Ahem, surely you meant "Vince McMahon Boner TITLE;" a boner belt is something to keep your boner pants from falling down.

• Like 6

They could build Cena/Reigns even on split brands.  They would just talk about each other on the respective shows which I might prefer.  This way you have to see Summerslam just to see them in the same ring let alone wrestle each other.  Build it as a one-time deal and it might work.

And I'll gladly take AJ as the heel.  He has that sneer to go with his cocky attitude that I just love.  That plus a WWE-style Bullet Club sounds great to me.

18 minutes ago, NickMD said:

a WWE-style Bullet Club sounds great to me.

If WWE's history of incorporating notable outside heel factions is any indicator, in three months the Club will consist solely of Orton, Sheamus, Corbin, and the Dudleyz.

1 hour ago, nate said:

Ahem, surely you meant "Vince McMahon Boner TITLE;" a boner belt is something to keep your boner pants from falling down.

I initially said boner championship, but changed it because the idea of a belt in the shape of a giant penis, complete with WWE logo and Vince's face on the head is a lot funnier to me. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

If WWE's history of incorporating notable outside heel factions is any indicator, in three months the Club will consist solely of Orton, Sheamus, Corbin, and the Dudleyz.

If Cena vs. The Club plays out any differently than Cena vs. The Wyatts, I'll be stunned (and happy).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

If Cena vs. The Club plays out any differently than Cena vs. The Wyatts, I'll be stunned (and happy).

I don't see it going any differently. I guess The Shield escaped the Cena Effect because Seth is HHH's guy and Vince has always had his infatuation with Roman. 

• Like 1

Didn't Dean say on Jericho's podcast that they as a group refused something like being fed to Cena or am I misremembering? Probably the latter as they were fed to Punk no problem.