DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

So maybe someone with better coaching knowledge can explain:  Anthony Morrow comes in.  He goes berserk. 4-4, 10 points with 2 3's.  Why the fuck did he only play 7 minutes?  Especially with Speights practically being the MVP tonight with his brief appearance.

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

For as bad as OKC played they were still very much in the game for 3 quarters. Will they clean it up in game 6 or will GSW stay hot. Very good series now.

Someone didn't stick it out til the end.  There were very much in the game with less than a minute left.

Russ grabbed his own rebound on his and 1 FT and dished it to KD. If Durant makes that shot it's a 1 score game with over 30 seconds left.  

I think Westbrook plays much better at home and it's over in 6.

It was obvious how this was going to go when Adams got two quick fouls, and the Warriors didn't get a foul called on them until the first quarter was almost over. Still a really impressive performance by OKC to take it down to the wire with KD and Westbrook shooting under 40% for the game. Next game is a must win for OKC.

• Like 1

I think we all knew it was going to go that way.  Sad.

ESPN though, man. If OKC wins tomorrow we will get about 3 minutes of media coverage about OKC and a solid 25 minutes of GS.  On the hour every hour.

Even my boy Lebatard is making the false equivalence between people not believing stephs hurt and people not caring Steph's hurt.

These same people didn't care at all that GS had one of the easiest paths to a title in recent memory.

The 4 best teams in the league this year either didn't play them (OKC, SA, LAC) or were down their 2nd/3rd best player. Why make excuses for them now?

This league is filled with injured teams. Every year, forever.  If they hold on and win this series we should be talking about OKC. Beating the 67 win Spurs and the 73 win Warriors in back to back 7 game series would be as impressive as anything we've seen all year. 

This makes me wonder what happened the first two games in Toronto. Was Cleveland taking them for granted? Because it looks like when Cleveland wants to turn it on they turn it on. But still, with how weak the competition was for them in the East, I'm not sure what to expect when they meet a legit contender.

Cleveland shot over 50% from three tonight, and nobody stepped up to help Lowry and DeRozan on the offensive end of the floor for Toronto. Good season for the Raptors, now let's see how they move forward.

Cavs actually haven't played bad against the Thunder...

I saw someone in here asked about "Lebron's legacy" after the Raptors won game 2. I know a lot people have some weird scale and thing with Lebron, but I kind of hope the "playing for his legacy" sentiment is finally dying down after another Finals appearance.  He's not always going to win and yes, some day he will significantly decline, but he's done okay already.  Just let him ball.

.The Raptors ended up a top 4 team this year. I'm proud of what they accomplished and I'm also proud of our city that had 2000+ watching every game outside the ACC. How many other playoff teams had that support?? I'm pretty sure none of the other teams had the passionate following that the Raptors did. And remember, we have the 9th overall pick in this year's draft. This was a good year. Just remember we finished better than 25 other teams. #wethenorth 

Also, and more serious, just saw that LeBron is the second player ever to get to the finals at least three times each on two different teams (Rodman being the first)