DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Wagons 3-28-16

MGFanJay

I thought about this last night when Ryback came out and still got the entire crowd to chant "feed me more" despite doing nothing for the better part of a year: If they decided tomorrow to switch Roman and Ryback on the card, would Wrestlemania be a better or worse show, and would it get a better or worse reaction?

The sad part is, Roman and Hunter will probably have a pretty good match. It won't matter. Vince screwed this push and I think it's made him even more stubborn.

34 minutes ago, JRGoldman said:

I thought about this last night when Ryback came out and still got the entire crowd to chant "feed me more" despite doing nothing for the better part of a year: If they decided tomorrow to switch Roman and Ryback on the card, would Wrestlemania be a better or worse show, and would it get a better or worse reaction?

I don't like Ryback all that much, but he's solidly over.  Crowd was chanting his catch phrase last night even though he's done nothing of note for a year and turned heel recently (lol, that's going well).  Roman's better in-ring, but it's not a huge difference maker.  I think the title match comes off better if you turn Ryback back face and throw him in there.

And, yeah, Trips' promo was great.  I kinda hate to see him go back to being management.

55 minutes ago, JRGoldman said:

In the moment, it would work.  It's what comes after that becomes a problem.

23 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I don't like Ryback all that much, but he's solidly over.  Crowd was chanting his catch phrase last night even though he's done nothing of note for a year and turned heel recently (lol, that's going well).  Roman's better in-ring, but it's not a huge difference maker.  I think the title match comes off better if you turn Ryback back face and throw him in there.

And, yeah, Trips' promo was great.  I kinda hate to see him go back to being management.

Why would you need to turn Ryback face to have a match against HHH, the most well booked and protected face in the company, who never backs down from a fight and is merely protecting the sanctity of a business that he loves more than anything?

• Like 1

He gets all the character/promo work way better than Reigns but if talent is dropping like flies now, imagine what it'd be like if the top guys were working 15 minute matches on the reg with the big guy. 

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Dear Lord people

The 2nd women's match is Total Divas vs. not Total Divas

The only other option for 5th Total Diva besides Eva were Mandy or Nikki.

And considering how injury conscious the WWE claims to be - they aren't putting the woman who just got her neck brace off at the beginning of the week in the ring

Or maybe you were expecting Rosa a month after giving birth.

But yup - they put Eva Marie in just to specifically infuriate you

And seriously...this is a divas vs not divas match. Booing Eva Marie is the only way anybody is going to give one fuck about this match. Without her in the match, that ladies and gentlemen, is the sound of a bathroom break.

57 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I don't like Ryback all that much, but he's solidly over.  Crowd was chanting his catch phrase last night even though he's done nothing of note for a year a

C'mon man, you know the WWE sheep will gladly chant any 3 or 4 syllable phrase on command no matter how shitty the wrestler or how buried on the card he is. 

"Feed Me More"

"Woo, Woo, Woo"

"We the People"

6 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

C'mon man, you know the WWE sheep will gladly chant any 3 or 4 syllable phrase on command no matter how shitty the wrestler or how buried on the card he is. 

"Feed Me More"

"Woo, Woo, Woo"

"We the People"

I don't watch Roman Reigns promos, so do they chant along with "Believe That"?

Have to say I'm enjoying Shane/Taker way more than I thought I would when it started. It's amazing what good heat can do. They're gonna need to do an extra good makeup job on Taker to cover that shiner he's gonna have this Sunday.

I think it's looking more like Becky's gonna win this Sunday.

The only question about Roman/HHH is where it ranks against HHH/Jericho and HHH/Orton for his worst WM program.

I'm glad to see Emma back on Raw, but am I the only one who sees a clown face in her top?

You can't just ignore that Roman is getting booed almost night in/night out for over a year now. You have to acknowledge it and somehow use it. Ignoring it get you nowhere because your lead face looks like an idiot and the heel/face dynamic is thrown off.

WWE right now is like Jason Voorhees in Jason Goes to Hell, where Jason as we know him doesn't appear for most of the movie. WWE is the coroner that was hypnotized by, then ate Jason's still beating heart. WWE ate WCW's heart, so what we're seeing is actually WCW using WWE as its host body. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Believe me, I'm not cannibalizing anyone's hearts in the prep room of the funeral home I work at. 

Oh....sure...like we're supposed to believe that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Have to say I'm enjoying Shane/Taker way more than I thought I would when it started. It's amazing what good heat can do. They're gonna need to do an extra good makeup job on Taker to cover that shiner he's gonna have this Sunday.

It looked worse than that.  It looked like he had a sliced eyelid.

2 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

It looked worse than that.  It looked like he had a sliced eyelid.

Some wax or mortuary putty, opaque cosmetic, then re-create the lines of the eyelid, and Taker would be good to go. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

Oh....sure...like we're supposed to believe that.

Great, now Ramsey's quoting Reigns. Soon we're all gonna start doing it, like the folks who eat their candy bars with a knife and fork. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Great, now Ramsey's quoting Reigns. Soon we're all gonna start doing it, like the folks who eat their candy bars with a knife and fork. 

Yesterday I saw someone eating M&M's with a spoon!

• Like 3