DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

I wish every team had the Packers' ownership structure.

There's only one concentration of rubes big enough to pay for a fake stock they hang on their walls.

Bullshit, have you seen some of the shitty memorabilia people spend their money on? I guarantee that the average Seahawks mook or whoever would definitely buy one if they were told it made them an "owner" of their team.

And thank god that the Packers do, because if they didn't there is no way they would have made it to the Super Bowl era still in Green Bay, let alone still being there to this day.

There's only one concentration of rubes big enough to pay for a fake stock they hang on their walls.

Bullshit, have you seen some of the shitty memorabilia people spend their money on? I guarantee that the average Seahawks mook or whoever would definitely buy one if they were told it made them an "owner" of their team.

No, they wouldn't, because Seahawks fans aren't dumb enough to believe fake stock=team ownership.

Raiders fans aren't dumb enough to believe fake stock=team ownership.

Lions fans who think they'd have won the Super Bowl ten times by now if Sanders hadn't quit aren't dumb enough to believe fake stock=team ownership.

Cowboys fans that believe their team is universally-loved aren't dumb enough to believe fake stock=team ownership.

Jaguars season-ticket holders aren't dumb enough to believe fake stock=team ownership.

Optimistic Jets fans aren't dumb enough to believe fake stock=team ownership.

R-Truth might not know what city he's in, but even Little Jimmy isn't dumb enough to believe that fake stock=team ownership.

Sure, the rest of us will buy goofy shit with our team's logo on it cuz it gives us the warm fuzzies when we see it, (thinking of the "2006 AL West Champion Oakland A's" blanket in an astonishingly ugly shade of yellow I have hanging up on a wall,) but only in the frozen wastelands of Wisconsin can you sell deeds that have "Brooklyn Bridge" crossed out and "Green Bay Packers: 1 share" written in crayon and convince the mark you just ripped off that he's now the part owner of an NFL team.

Kinda funny, but as a Bears fan, my stance on my North teams and their fanbases goes like this.Pack: Grudging respect. If all 4 teams fanbases all met up, these are the ones I'd argue with the least. I'd see them, cringe, give a short nod of acknowledgement, and look somewhere else thinking "at least we are both better then these other fuckheads."Vikings: Immense dislike. Watching Viking fans openly embrace Favre made me sick, and I'm ecstatic they got no ring out of it. Fuck the Vikings.Lions: Pity.

If there is one thing that brings Bears and Packers fans together, it is our intense intense dislike for the Vikings. Having been to a couple Vikings games I can attest to the awfulness of the fanbase, just miserable people all around. Also, who wants to drape themselves in that much purple?

Sure, the rest of us will buy goofy shit with our team's logo on it cuz it gives us the warm fuzzies when we see it, (thinking of the "2006 AL West Champion Oakland A's" blanket in an astonishingly ugly shade of yellow I have hanging up on a wall,) but only in the frozen wastelands of Wisconsin can you sell deeds that have "Brooklyn Bridge" crossed out and "Green Bay Packers: 1 share" written in crayon and convince the mark you just ripped off that he's now the part owner of an NFL team.

I'll have you know that its embossed. And it has my name on it! Super legit. :)

Kinda funny, but as a Bears fan, my stance on my North teams and their fanbases goes like this.

Pack: Grudging respect. If all 4 teams fanbases all met up, these are the ones I'd argue with the least. I'd see them, cringe, give a short nod of acknowledgement, and look somewhere else thinking "at least we are both better then these other fuckheads."

Vikings: Immense dislike. Watching Viking fans openly embrace Favre made me sick, and I'm ecstatic they got no ring out of it. Fuck the Vikings.

Lions: Pity.

If there is one thing that brings Bears and Packers fans together, it is our intense intense dislike for the Vikings. Having been to a couple Vikings games I can attest to the awfulness of the fanbase, just miserable people all around. Also, who wants to drape themselves in that much purple?

When people discuss NFC North fanbases, I always think of this story.

I just watch and root for them, I don't really give a shit beyond that. I'm not one to provoke fisticuffs with my fellow rival fanbases. Unless it was Fowler and his perverse lust for the Lions. Have at thee.

You say that until your team does it then it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and you rub it in the face of every fan of a team who does not offer fake stock.

We need maps, STAT!

I look forward to the Steelers murdering the Titans on Sunday.  I am encouraged by the winless pre-season record.  Lions went undefeated in the pre-season before dropping all of their regular season games, so us going 0-4 might be a good thing.  Our running game really needs work.

I am not convinced that starting Ziggy Hood over Cam Hayward is a good idea, but we'll see.

The Ravens will continue to give us fits this year, but Cincinatti is probably the team to beat in our Division.

Oh, yeah.  Fuck the Packers or something.

Why don't teams do this to pay for stadiums? I would think that it would be easy enough to release only enough to generate a hit load of cash, but not a controlling interest, and be a great way to lure in the dumbshits that lurk in the shadows of every fanbase.

Why don't teams do this to pay for stadiums? I would think that it would be easy enough to release only enough to generate a hit load of cash, but not a controlling interest, and be a great way to lure in the dumbshits that lurk in the shadows of every fanbase.

They don't have to.

City/County governments will fleece the rubes FOR them and are so desperate to "lure job creators" they won't even take a cut of the action.

They're not allowed to.  The Packers are grandfathered in but NFL bylaws prevent other teams from doing it.