DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

I'm not ready to crown either of their asses, personally.

Yeah, I like a lot of the players on the Texans, but they totally are the new version of the Chargers. They just seem like that team that is never going to be quite good enough, even though they have all the talent in the world.

Fuck the Chargers, so good result tonight. It would have been nice if Schaub could have gotten a TD at the end there, so I could have gone 3-0, rather than 2-1, but we can't have everything.

Never underestimate the heart of a champion.  Texans win!  Texans' best players stepped up when they needed to and made the plays that changed the game.

Now, as a Texans fan, I'm pretty used to us blowing these types of games.  So I'm going to enjoy the hell out of winning this, even if it's just the Chargers being the Chargers.

Pregame show with that guy on FOX that does the awful impersonations no one laughs at, and predictions by the e-trade baby (who the panelists have to sell as real).

Oh boy, Frank Caliendo.. I'd be happy that he was gone from a show I only watched if I had to-like if I was at a sports bar-but they now have Rob Riggle who in a different way is just as brutally unfunny.

I hate to say it but even without NORV they look to still be the same old Chargers.

And I am dreading having to hear about Wilbon once again blabbering on about how "defenses are legislated out of pro football" and "it might as well be flag football in the NFL!" and other overly dramatic garbage.

Then he really turns blow hard by talking about concussions in the serious voice on the next topic; how he doesn't get blowhard whiplash. . . .