DVDVR Message Board

In Memorium 2016

odessasteps

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Bernard Fox of Bewitched and Hogan's Heroes fame has passed away at the age of 89

He was in both A Night to Remember and Cameron's Titanic .

Also, 2 columbos, ftroop, and a man from Uncle, among many shows. 

23 hours ago, Reed said:

99 is a great age to die at, tbh.

Kinda feel 2016 was in merciful mode here. 

For once.

It was.  I watched an Obit piece on Zsa Zsa on Inside America and the photos of her in her mid 90's were really frightening.  

Her quality of life in her twilight years was really bad and I prefer to remember her the way she was. :(

zsa+zsa+gabor.jpg

RIP.

I heard about all the stuff she went through in those final years. It was frigging horrible. 

Sometimes it's for the best when nature takes it course.

Like, I always understood Paul Newman, aged 83, deciding: "This chemo is useless. Now I'm going home."

If you witness a family member die of a prolonged illness, you understand. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2016 at 10:47 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

Gordon Hunt, voice director for a ton of cartoons in the 70s and 80s and video games more recently, father of Helen Hunt and husband of legendary VO actress BJ Ward, died today at 87.

He worked on some major video games

The first 3 Uncharted Games, Last of Us, God of War

Michelle Morgan (Port of Shadows, Joan of Paris), one of the grand dames of French cinema, passed away yesterday at the age of 96.

Her accolades include being the inaugural winner of the Best Actress Award at the Cannes Film Festival for La Symphonie Pastorale and being awarded an honorary César in 1992 for overall artistic achievement.

RIP Liz Smith 1925-2016. Star of the Royle Family, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Wallace and Gromit, and a lot of other things.

RIP George S Irving age 94.

Longtime Broadway actor.

May be best known in these parts for being the voice of Heat Miser and the narrator in Underdog.

In the Piranesi-verse, notable guest role on All in the Family as husband of Edith's cousin. 

Shit, Ricky Harris gone at age 54. 

The man was gonna be a household name in the early to mid 90s between ripping Def Comedy Jam, appearing on AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, doing the Snoop Dogg album voicework as DJ EZ Dicc (in addition to the cameo in the Gin N Juice music video as Snoop's pops), TV work, and being in Poetic Justice, Murder was the Case, and Heat. He was every-WHERE, understand. The big breaks ultimately didn't go his way, but he certainly opened the door for plenty of black comedians making a seamless transition to film, TV, and music videos back when everyone and their stepmom wanted to do that. He was very respected among other comedians and entertainers (especially on the west coast) as well. Chris Rock gave him a pretty major role as Malvo on Everybody Hates Chris, and Snoop always gave him work. Most recently he was in Dope, which was probably my favorite film of 2015. The man soldiered through recurring personal and health issues to put together a damn fine career. Rest in Power, Ricky.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Comedian Ricky Harris (Everybody Hates Chris) passed away yesterday.  He also voiced several recurring characters in Snoop Dogg's albums.

Or for squares, he was CI that gave up Waingro in the movie Heat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, driver said:

He probably wasn't an actor, but saw a headline yesterday that Zsa Zsa's adopted son passed away not too long after her.

Been a really wild, grim fucking year.

This is going to get lost in the news due to Carrie and Debbie and passing, but that's really sad.  And super eerie that it happened around the same time.  Did they say what he died of?