DVDVR Message Board

In Memorium 2016

odessasteps

• 2 weeks later...

Adding this link, in part, because of the first comment I read, the one about how 2016 can go to the special kind of Hell.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/fireflys-shepherd-ron-glass-dies-at-71-1789386169?rev=1480195613819&utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I remember watching Barney Miller as a kid and realizing that Det. Harris was an example of what people meant when to say that someone is cool.

Years later, Ron Glass pulled off a line that very few others could:

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

RIP Van Williams, best known for playing 60s Green Hornet.

came here to post this as well. apparently it happened 11/28 but i just heard about it today.  at least he and Kato/Bruce Lee are kicking butt together again.

11 hours ago, colonial said:

Margaret Whitton has passed away at age 67 ...

She was also super awesome as Christy Willis, the Mrs. Robinson-esque aunt to Michael J Fox's Brantley Foster in The Secret Of My Success.

RIP :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twiztor said:

came here to post this as well. apparently it happened 11/28 but i just heard about it today.  at least he and Kato/Bruce Lee are kicking butt together again.

Interestingly, Pat Priest (Marilyn on The Munsters) was the one who broke the story since she was Van's next door neighbor.

To be in one of the greatest TV shows of all time is impressive. Peter Vaughn was in 2 of them. If you ever get the chance to see Our Friends in the North, take it. It's fantastic.

You know how Stefano's final chapter is playing out on Days now? Stefano secretly had colon cancer, so he agitated and egged on Detective Hope Brady into shooting him. Yes, 30 some years of the Phoenix ends as a suicide by cop.