DVDVR Message Board

In Memorium 2016

odessasteps

On 9/25/2016 at 1:18 PM, The Comedian said:

He was pretty great as the physical therapist in Regarding Henry too.

I thought I was going to shit during the scene where Bradley introduces himself to Henry by lifting Henry's hand and dropping it so that Henry would give Bradley five.

• Like 2

Joe Bob Briggs on Lewis: 

"Herschell was a brilliant, elegant, sophisticated man who was always a friend to me these past 30 years, ever since I tracked him down at his South Florida condo to tell him all his movies were going to be released on video. His courteous and honest response: 'Why?'"

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Gary Dubin - who voiced Toulouse in The Aristocats - passed away of bone cancer at age 57

He was also on some episodes of Partridge Family

Most of his work was as a child (including being in Diamonds Are Forever)

His agent reports that actor and comedian Kevin Meaney passed away at age 59.

Before the Mike Epps version of "Uncle Buck" hit TV screens this summer, Meaney took on the John Candy role in the original TV version of the film for CBS.

Also appeared on every late-night comedy show and stand-up series imaginable in the 80s, 90s and today.

• Like 1

RIP Michael Massee.  He was 61 years old.

If that name doesn't sound familiar, his most memorable role was Funboy, one of T-Bird's thugs in Alex Proyas's The Crow.

Massee was the one that fired the improperly prepared prop gun that killed Brandon Lee. 

Until the day of his death, Massee never watched a single frame of The Crow.  “I don’t think you ever get over something like that," he said in a 2005 interview.

Details of his passing have not been released, but it is rumored that he did have some issues with drugs. Art imitates life. :(

Well shit, google his name and see what all the news stories say.  They are identically wrong and kind of outrageously so:

"Michael Massee, the actor who accidentally shot Brandon Lee, passes."

He didn't accidentally shoot Brandon Lee.  He was faultless.  Someone else prepared a gun wrong and he did exactly what he was supposed to do, point and shoot a prop gun.  Labelling him the guy who "accidentally killed someone" is kind of inexcusable. 

But that's what the guy lived with because people are fucking stupid.

• Like 6

Damn, David Schow posted about his passing on Facebook but I didn't know that was the guy that pulled the trigger. Not surprised he didn't mention it either -- not only was Massee Dave's neighbor and friend but Brandon and him were real close. The Raving and Drooling column he wrote about Brandon in Fangoria that year was and is absolutely heartwrenching. 

RIP to both

• Like 1