DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R2C: REY MISTERIO JR vs. BAYLEY

MM16: 2nd RDC - REY MISTERIO JR vs. BAYLEY  

103 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I'm going to give you so much shit in ten years when you get around to watching season 2 and see that Sexy Star actually has one of the best matches all season

I don't know what I'll do if/when I see this match.  It'd be like Eva Marie having a MOTY, won't believe it until I see it and even then I'll call bullshit.

As for the Nia match, hell yeah it was awesome.  I get the issue with kicking out after five bad legdrops. but I still loved it.  I resigned myself to the fact that she'd lose and it'd be sad, so when she won it was great.  I guess that's the thing with Bayley, in big matches she made me believe which is not something a jaded fan can normally do.

I'm going to give you so much shit in ten years when you get around to watching season 2 and see that Sexy Star actually has one of the best matches all season

I don't know what I'll do if/when I see this match.  It'd be like Eva Marie having a MOTY, won't believe it until I see it and even then I'll call bullshit.

As for the Nia match, hell yeah it was awesome.  I get the issue with kicking out after five bad legdrops. but I still loved it.  I resigned myself to the fact that she'd lose and it'd be sad, so when she won it was great.  I guess that's the thing with Bayley, in big matches she made me believe which is not something a jaded fan can normally do.

Even this alone ties into the reason.

Bayley took EVA MARIE to a match that was actually watchable and fun this year.

Even Ultimo Guerrero making Thunder look good isn't as big a success as that one. 

• Like 1

I thought Rey vs. Low Ki was the most overrated match I've seen this year. I can't even begin to understand the MOTY hype. It was fine.

So you have seen it? Did you go to a show or buy a DVD? Do you have a link if it was neither of those two?

I'm remembering a few years ago when a group tried to suggest Wade Barrett was better than Rey.

But you guys are not going to look stupid when Bayley gets exposed on the main roster in a year.

As opposed to people basing all of the Rey/Low Ki votes on a mysterious match that happened once, was not taped, somehow has not leaked in a year since (for some allegedly amazing match), and for all intents and purposes was only seen by the people in the arena that night- but since it somehow never even got taped on a fancam, no one can prove that this match was as good as the alleged infinity stars match people are claiming?

At least Bayley's good matches are, by and large, taped for everyone to see and know they were in fact good.

People were praising that match as some great carry job, but Nia didn't look strong at all.  It just didn't work because you can't do David vs. Goliath if Goliath isn't menacing.  Nia is slow and non-athletic and Bayley wasn't able to cover that up.  I recall one moment where Bayley has a head lock and Nia is supposed to lift out of that, but she could barely even get to her feet.  Add the fact that Bayley took like 5 leg drops and I just didn't like the build up or execution.

It wasn't Bailey's fault, but it wasn't good by any means.  I just don't understand the praise around here.  I guess maybe if you bought into what they were selling with Nia it could work, but she is maybe the least imposing "monster" I can remember.

Amen to this. Nia was killed off as any sort of threat that night IMO and has been nothing since.

I don't mind Bayley winning this, but don't think she should advance past the next round. Really don't see that much outside of the two obviously great Sasha matches. That Nia match sticks out as a low point.

I'm remembering a few years ago when a group tried to suggest Wade Barrett was better than Rey.

But you guys are not going to look stupid when Bayley gets exposed on the main roster in a year.

As opposed to people basing all of the Rey/Low Ki votes on a mysterious match that happened once, was not taped, somehow has not leaked in a year since (for some allegedly amazing match), and for all intents and purposes was only seen by the people in the arena that night- but since it somehow never even got taped on a fancam, no one can prove that this match was as good as the alleged infinity stars match people are claiming?

At least Bayley's good matches are, by and large, taped for everyone to see and know they were in fact good.

The match was taped, JAPW is selling the DVD.

People were praising that match as some great carry job, but Nia didn't look strong at all.  It just didn't work because you can't do David vs. Goliath if Goliath isn't menacing.  Nia is slow and non-athletic and Bayley wasn't able to cover that up.  I recall one moment where Bayley has a head lock and Nia is supposed to lift out of that, but she could barely even get to her feet.  Add the fact that Bayley took like 5 leg drops and I just didn't like the build up or execution.

It wasn't Bailey's fault, but it wasn't good by any means.  I just don't understand the praise around here.  I guess maybe if you bought into what they were selling with Nia it could work, but she is maybe the least imposing "monster" I can remember.

Amen to this. Nia was killed off as any sort of threat that night IMO and has been nothing since.

Did you see the Bayley/Carmella vs. Eva/Nia tag match? Because that was a really good match and Nia was awesome in it.

I have aggravated Vic

I must be doing something right

Well your terrible bracketing would be annoying. But its more meth smoking trash who has sent me over the edge.
What'd Big Fresh do to you? (Kidding)

To be fair he said "meth smoking trash" not "racist meth smoking trash." There's a difference.