DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R1: ISAMI KODAKA vs. THE MIZ

MM16: 1st RD - ISAMI KODAK vs. THE MIZ  

91 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

The Miz may be the best heel in the world right now.  Bad opening bracket for Kodaka; I guy I really like in a fed that I pay more and more attention to every day.

• Like 1

The Miz drew viewers to the WWE Network. I can't quantify it but I talked to quite a few people who couldn't wait until Tough Enough was over so they could go watch TOUGH TALK. He was so awesome as the host there and he's brought it over to Miz TV..his dickish Hollywood character is amazing and then you have to give him credit in-ring too. I've always been down on Miz's ring work but go watch his series with AJ Styles or the matches with Jericho..  Miz is pretty fucking good now. Seriously.

• Like 1

Watched two and half Kodaka matches and I am over it.  He just seems so listless and blasé about the whole situation which is impressive since one of the matches had light tubes involved.  He feels so emotionless that I don't feel any connection to the guy whatsoever while simultaneously getting annoyed at mandatory forearm exchange.  Dude looks like a member of Special K, he ain't built like Ishii for the sake of Pete.  I came out of my viewing thinking he's a guy I never want to watch again.

Watched two and half Kodaka matches and I am over it.  He just seems so listless and blasé about the whole situation which is impressive since one of the matches had light tubes involved.  He feels so emotionless that I don't feel any connection to the guy whatsoever while simultaneously getting annoyed at mandatory forearm exchange.  Dude looks like a member of Special K, he ain't built like Ishii for the sake of Pete.  I came out of my viewing thinking he's a guy I never want to watch again.

I mostly agree. He has some kind of charisma, though, of a type that I just don't get, as crowds seem into him. Guy takes a beating well enough I suppose.

Doesn't help that I keep mixing him up with Masa Takanashi for some reason.

The Miz is getting back to the guy a bunch of us felt legit good things for when he won the title. Actually, he's surpassing that guy and that's...uh...awesome. Seriously though, the sheer force and velocity of Ziggler falling has propelled Miz in an opposite direction with increasing and not as much friction due to the work he's put in with his heel persona.

PRO WRESTLING PHYSICS

I want to vote for Miz, but I don't want to vote for Miz enough to do it blindly.

Am I going to like this Kodiak guy enough that I should watch his matches? Or am I going to hate him?

Matt

I'm not crazy over him

You can vote for Miz

How did the WWE push The Miz to the top when he was still green and hadn't earned it, but aren't taking advantage of him now that he's a fully formed character who is one of their best acts?  I didn't have time to watch any Kodaka, but I was probably going to vote for Miz any way.