DVDVR Message Board

RIP Axl Rotten

Zac_Fu

I grew up in the same part of Baltimore and always saw him around long before he became a wrestler, some chubby kid working at the video store always wearing wrestling shirts. It sucks to see somebody you saw around the neighborhood and obviously wanted to be a wrestler from childhood die so young.  I wish the guy would have had more success and not given so much for so little return, wrestling a style that, in the end, only benefited Heyman.  Rest in peace.

I never saw much of him and don't recall him being all that good, but no one should have to go through all the drug problems and whatever else he went through. He was in a wheelchair as far as last I read.

Apparently he was found in the McDonalds across from the motel he had been staying in. That screams heart attack more than anything else. Whether that or an overdose, I guess we'll find out.

Wow, Axl Rotten, Maurice White of Earth, Wind & Fire, and Dave Mirra all gone within 24 hours of each other.  it does indeed happen in threes.

The evil of 2015 is bleeding over into 2016.

Axl had a rough life after ECW, and from I understand there were points where he really could have gone at anytime.  But like Brian said last I heard he was doing better all things considered.  Really hope it wasn't an overdose.  But considering what he went through I'd imagine he's at peace now.  RIP, Axl.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He couldn't shoot up in his own hotel room across the street; instead he had to go to the Mickey D's head? Jesus fucking christ. I knew he was a junkie but man. That just screams "I can't wait to cross the street with the gear I just bought out back of the restaurant". 

That's the way it is. As soon as you get it, you want to do it. When I would buy coke, I was usually blowing lines right after in the Dunkin' Donuts next to my dealer's apartment complex. 

• Like 1

Hell, you could've just keyed up in a dark corner of the complex. Or tried to find the laundry room.

See, now that's junkie thought process right there.

Too risky; gotta have a locking bathroom and a stable surface like the top of the toilet tank or that silver platform next to the sink and bathroom mirror that really doesn't seem to serve much other purpose than to bump lines from. 

I remember one of the ECW shows at the Elk's Lodge in Queens where Axl showed up wearing the Wrestlemania "HEAT" cap from whatever year they ran with that slogan. As a proud ECW mutant I'd been conditioned to hate all things E, so I sarcastically said something along the lines of "nice hat, Axl" as he bopped by.

Axl didn't miss a beat. "Hey, that's the name of the game."

Well played sir, and Godspeed.

• Like 1