DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Homer opinion, but I could see Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy hosting it as well. Indy would certainly welcome the business and the city is spread out enough so it wouldn't be such a traffic and lodging nightmare.

Ryback comes off as an insecure, sensitive guy.  Everyone needs to watch that Table for 3 with him and Daniel Bryan where Bryan just needles him relentless in a joking matter and Ryback takes it so seriously.  I'm guessing Ryback took that Punk thrashing on the Colt podcast hard.  Continuing to bring it up I think just makes him look worse.

Considering Punk is a sensitive prick who essentially called Ryback a stupid roided-out baboon, it's a push.

• Like 3

Homer opinion, but I could see Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy hosting it as well. Indy would certainly welcome the business and the city is spread out enough so it wouldn't be such a traffic and lodging nightmare.

Gencon is an increasing nightmare every year, with bizarre hotel lotteries and no public transportation. If Indianapolis can't handle gencon, I don't really think there is any way they could handle a Mania. 

I'm sure there's city issues and the fact that they don't want to host a Super Bowl again but why not have it in Jacksonville. EverBank can hold 80K for college football, have some of the biggest video boards and pools in the stadium. Plus there's a 100% chance the Jags owner son would be willing to take a beating and we know Vince loves watching people richer than him get beat up

I'd love to see it at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, but I can see all the reasons they wouldn't ever do it up here again (timezone, open air, flights in, etc).  They've crammed 69K in for the Seahawks, I'm sure with floor seats they could probably push 80K.

It'd be kinda cool to have Daniel Bryan go into the WWE HOF in Seattle.  Just saying..

• Like 1

I'm sure there's city issues and the fact that they don't want to host a Super Bowl again but why not have it in Jacksonville. EverBank can hold 80K for college football, have some of the biggest video boards and pools in the stadium. Plus there's a 100% chance the Jags owner son would be willing to take a beating and we know Vince loves watching people richer than him get beat up

Because it's, at best, the fourth-most desirable locale in its own state. And clearly they like doing business with the city of Orlando as well as the building owners there. That last sentence is not to be underestimated in any of this.

Better than the little boy from Jurassic Park's account now that he's all grown up? Get serious.

"My New Years resolution is once again to continue not being attacked and killed by dinosaurs."

"Listening to Veckatimest by Grizzly Bear. Such a beautiful album. Velociraptors hunted me when I was 9 years old."

"This presidential race is getting crazy! Also I was once trapped in a kitchen with actual velociraptors. I think about it constantly."

• Like 1

It'll never happen but I'd love Wrestlemania & the HOF to come to Vancouver. Vancity always gets shafted. No decent PPVs ever

I'm sorry about the International Incident InYour House.
And New Blood Rising.

Rock Bottom was the drizzling shits. Such a disaster. At least International Incident had some fun matches and a super impressive showing from babyface Sid. I get that Torranah is the centre of the universe up here but it would be nice if we were thrown a bone occasionally. Lots of passionate fans out here.

Mania will never ever be at Yankee Stadium for the simple reason that Mania needs the entire week at a place to set up and it always falls right at the start of the baseball season

Mania will never ever be at Yankee Stadium for the simple reason that Mania needs the entire week at a place to set up and it always falls right at the start of the baseball season

I did forget that (and I'm a Yankee fan ffs). Maybe a late March WM over an early April, but then you're playing with weather. I'm still kicking myself for not making it to MetLife for XXIX but it simply was not in the budget.