DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2016.

The Natural

The Rumble is almost always chalk. I don't think that changes this year.  I think Reigns is guaranteed to be in the final four. I would guess Brock is there.  I too think Hunter will be involved. Maybe Bray is the 4th guy. I'm seeing a situation where Brock and Reigns are going at it and Hunter dumps them over. Hunter wins the title and then has to defend against both of them because lord knows we haven't had enough triple threat matches.

They are also not going to put in on Bray Wyatt, a guy who's lost every feud he's ever had

Bray won the feuds against: Ambrose, Jericho, Dudleys, Bryan, Kane

Bray lost the feuds against: Undertaker, Cena, Reigns

I think a lot of people get hung up on the win/loss record when the real issue is that Bray Wyatt and The Wyatt Family don't *do* anything. He talks and talks and sounds scary, but there isn't a kayfabe reason why The Wyatt Family should be feared more than any other group in WWE. They're "crazy monsters" that don't do anything crazy or monstrous. They just wrestle matches.

I've been saying for what feels like years now that the Wyatts should be doing more vignettes. I had this idea of Bray having his own highlight reel type of show but it's on location in a Louisiana swamp. There's a barn in the distance where you see Luke Harper and other shady figures doing shady things. Carrying body bags and shit.  Wyatt interviews people and they get freaked the fuck out. But nothing happens... until it's time for Roman Reigns to visit. They fuck him up and drag his ass off to the barn. He's presumed dead. Until he's not because it's wrestling and it all leads to Dean Ambrose searching Louisiana for him etc. etc.. 

WAR GAMES.   Wyatts vs. Reigns, Ambrose and the Usos.

• Like 3

Re: Henry

Henry's one promo made winning The Rumble seem like such a bigger deal than all the scripted WM sign pointing and mid-match stopping to look at the sign could ever hope to active. Henry cut another money promo after he was drafted to Smackdown years ago. Ryback cuts one of the most logical babyface return promos in the history of the business a few years ago when he returned as well. MORE of this stuff and less of the scripted bullshit.

Re: PrimeTime Players

I don't know what is going on. They team together on house shows, but not on the main shows. Titus is doing his own thing and yet the team is still mentioned on the main shows with Titus even coming out to the Prime Time Players music. The less cynical part of me is hoping that the WWE is allowing Darren to work off any ring rust, etc. associated to his injury (if these reports or even true) on house shows and in pre-shows where it really doesn't matter and for the most part is swept under the rug, because WWE has plans for PTP and having a Darren Young going half speed, etc. would send the plan to shit.

It's really important to them to have Titus beat Stardust on every show for some reason.

They are also not going to put in on Bray Wyatt, a guy who's lost every feud he's ever had

Bray won the feuds against: Ambrose, Jericho, Dudleys, Bryan, Kane

Bray lost the feuds against: Undertaker, Cena, Reigns

I think a lot of people get hung up on the win/loss record when the real issue is that Bray Wyatt and The Wyatt Family don't *do* anything. He talks and talks and sounds scary, but there isn't a kayfabe reason why The Wyatt Family should be feared more than any other group in WWE. They're "crazy monsters" that don't do anything crazy or monstrous. They just wrestle matches.

Bray may have won the last match in that feud, but it's hard to imagine that anyone had the impression that he won that feud.

The Jericho feud was a "win back" after losing the major match of the feud.

Kane wasn't a big deal.

Ambrose more just pissed off people because by that point it felt like they were cutting down a red hot Ambrose by making him fight jabroni Bray.

Dudleys were a win.

I agree 100% that even if they solidly won these feuds and not merely traded a win here and there but still weren't booked like the Firefly Family they need to be, they'd still be big disappointments. But the lack of a solid, definitive, not the battle but the war win against any major opponent in a major feud matters.

Bray may have won the last match in that feud, but it's hard to imagine that anyone had the impression that he won that feud.

It isn't "hard to imagine." The "major match" of a feud is the blowoff match. The final cage match on RAW after each of them had won a single match. Wyatt won that decisively. Wyatt won the feud.

The issue is not that he hasn't won enough of his feuds. He's won more than he's lost, and there's evidence to show that.

It isn't "hard to imagine." The "major match" of a feud is the blowoff match. 

Eh. The Major Match is the one that happens at the PPV people actually give a shit about (Mania, Summerslam, Rumble). Wyatt lost at Summerslam.

Think of it this way. If two guys feud, and one beats someone at Wrestlemania, and the other guy beats him at whatever the fuck they are calling Backlash now a days, nobody will give a fuck about that guy winning at Backlash 6 months later. 

Also, even going past that, Wyatt lost that feud by feuding with Chris Jericho when nobody gave a shit about Chris Jericho. Anything other then Wyatt just dismantling the part timer did nothing for Wyatt. Dropping a fall, clean, at one of the biggest shows of the year to Chris Jericho in 2014? That's... thats really not good for a guy who was overcoming the SHIELD and just all inside John Cena's head 6 months earlier.

• Like 1

I think Swagger/Henry definitely win after Henry's promo so he can be in his last Rumble. The Dudleyz are on the losing side of matches more often than not lately and have never been Rumble guys anyways, last year was actually Bubba's first ever Rumble match.

Splitting up the PTP again is weird, while both continue to often be in tag matches. They did a Smackdown preshow segment at the end of last month acknowledging they were doing their own thing but would still team occasionally.

I'm seeing a situation where Brock and Reigns are going at it and Hunter dumps them over.

I hope it goes like this

IKx0FAF.gif

Triple H's one last in-ring tribute to Flair, the only two guys to win the WWE title in the Rumble.

• Like 2

So who will get the "toss a bunch of guys out" spot this year? I think it's gonna be Strowman. 

Possible, but maybe not.  Apparently, Vince has cooled on Strowman.  This shit is ridiculous.  Vince got  boner over the dude because he's big and tall, called him up pretty much before he could learn anything, and is now frustrated that the guy is nothing special.  The old man is a fucking loon.

They are also not going to put in on Bray Wyatt, a guy who's lost every feud he's ever had...

In the future, it might help to actually know WTF you're talking about before posting.

Why are you being such a jerk to people? Do you just not know how to communicate? This thread and the Raw thread you've said really shitty things to different people completely unwarranted.

Eh. The Major Match is the one that happens at the PPV people actually give a shit about (Mania, Summerslam, Rumble). Wyatt lost at Summerslam.

Think of it this way. If two guys feud, and one beats someone at Wrestlemania, and the other guy beats him at whatever the fuck they are calling Backlash now a days, nobody will give a fuck about that guy winning at Backlash 6 months later. 

Also, even going past that, Wyatt lost that feud by feuding with Chris Jericho when nobody gave a shit about Chris Jericho. Anything other then Wyatt just dismantling the part timer did nothing for Wyatt. Dropping a fall, clean, at one of the biggest shows of the year to Chris Jericho in 2014? That's... thats really not good for a guy who was overcoming the SHIELD and just all inside John Cena's head 6 months earlier.

You're doing some serious goalpost moving here. I was never arguing "Wyatt should be feuding with Chris Jericho and dropping falls to him." I was saying he won the feud. And he did, by winning the blowoff match, which determines who wins the feud. If you want to rewrite the rules of wrestling feuds in your head to support your incorrect argument, you are certainly welcome to.

It really doesn't matter if Bray does or doesn't win his feuds. Fans still react to him regardless. Except on Raw, but that crowd barely even reacted to Brock. He's permanently over at the level he's at, much like Jake was despite losing all of his feuds, too.

That Cracked.com article made some really good points about the problem with Bray, mainly that, despite having a backwoods cult leader persona, they never do anything with that. He hasn't brainwashed anyone to join him, he doesn't use his followers to advance his agenda etc. They're just like everyone else on the show, but they have a weirdo gimmick.

That Cracked.com article made some really good points about the problem with Bray, mainly that, despite having a backwoods cult leader persona, they never do anything with that. He hasn't brainwashed anyone to join him, he doesn't use his followers to advance his agenda etc. They're just like everyone else on the show, but they have a weirdo gimmick.

That's just kind of wrestling in general. Besides Sullivan in Florida and Taker during the Ministry era, I don't recall any culty type characters actually brainwashing other wrestlers into joining them.

That's just kind of wrestling in general. Besides Sullivan in Florida and Taker during the Ministry era, I don't recall any culty type characters actually brainwashing other wrestlers into joining them.

Are you purposely setting up a "What about me, what about Raven" joke, or is your memory really that bad?

• Like 6

Are you purposely setting up a "What about me, what about Raven" joke, or is your memory really that bad?

I try to think about Raven as little as possible.

They are also not going to put in on Bray Wyatt, a guy who's lost every feud he's ever had...

In the future, it might help to actually know WTF you're talking about before posting.

Why are you being such a jerk to people? Do you just not know how to communicate? This thread and the Raw thread you've said really shitty things to different people completely unwarranted.

• Like 2