DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-11-16

MGFanJay

I rewatched Raw this morning on Hulu because my feed was going out last night and man, they chopped the hell out of Raw to the point where it felt like 5 segments. Nothing with Charlotte/Becky for example. I also missed the Ambrose/Sheamus match last night, but that aired in full on the Hulu version and it went so long. It should have been clipped or something. They eventually wound up re-doing spots that they did at the beginning of the match. It was such a chore to watch, which is why I made my Ambrose comment earlier.

This is the 2nd time in like 6 weeks that for like 5 seconds you thought they had finally decided to book the Wyatts as agents of chaos and you were all like FINALLY!!! and then it was over and you could all go back to "nevermind..."

The biggest pop in the last 2 months (save Reigns title win) was the Wyatts coming out against the League of Nations, and they proceeded to do nothing at all with it because of course not. Still pisses me off.

• Like 3

"The biggest pop in the last 2 months (save Reigns title win) was the Wyatts coming out against the League of Nations, and they proceeded to do nothing at all with it because of course not. Still pisses me off."

It was awesome when the Wyatts came out against the League and basically turned face by announcing they were there just to kick ass. Unfortunately that was immediately followed by the Dudleys coming out and ruining everything.

I also missed the Ambrose/Sheamus match last night, but that aired in full on the Hulu version and it went so long. It should have been clipped or something. They eventually wound up re-doing spots that they did at the beginning of the match. It was such a chore to watch, which is why I made my Ambrose comment earlier.

I'm surprised that you are so negative on the Ambrose/Sheamus match. I thought that was a really great TV match with both dudes repeatedly trying to kill themselves for our amusement. The crowd gave them nothing, but the crowd was pretty quiet throughout. 

So there's like 0% chance WWE can hold off Becky/Charlotte till Mania right? Even though this is easily a story they can carry into Mania, there's no chance they would actually give the Divas a meaningful story and a story that can last 3+ months

Misguided as they are, I think it's clear they still see the Wyatts as being above most others on the roster. They have a weird way of showing it, but they love Ambrose, Owens, and Wyatt. 

I agree.  With last night, they basically put Owens into the Reigns-Lesnar mix.  Bray is still connected to Roman.  So those two are indirectly involved with the main event.  Ambrose is Roman's BFF still.  They may love them (along with Brock and Roman) to death one day, but they do love them.

I'm sure they're saving Charlotte for Mania for a huge match against her biggest rival and the most popular diva the WWE has to offer.

Nikki

Nikki as the returning face winning say like Chyna at WM 17 in dominating fashion would be very WWE.

I still think they missed a potential goldmine of making Roman/Charlotte/Randy a team of arrogant and entitled multi-generational stars led by the ultimate example of that, Stephanie.

Haven't you ever listened to the lyrics of Stephanie's music? She's a self made woman. She would never slum it with those jabronis who are simply beneficiaries of nepotism. 

Best Opponents for Charlotte at Wrestlemania (A List, by Kelvin "Dolfan in NYC" Cabrera)

1. Sasha Banks

2. Becky Lynch 

3. Bayley

4. Brock Lesnar

5. Being Hit By A Bus

6. Nikki

I don't know why people are under the delusion Nikki is in any way, shape, or form 'good.'   She is average at best, and happens to be taller than the majority of the others which for some reason makes her "stronger".  Becky, Charlotte, Sasha, and any other person I've seen that was trained through NXT always has to go at half-speed in order for Nikki to keep up.  

She is better than she was when she debuted all those years ago, but she still cannot chain wrestle, does not understand psychology, cannot tell a story in a match, and cannot cut a promo.  Those are all things I'd expect from someone I'd consider 'good.'

• Like 3

There was an issue of the comic "Powers," where women were gaining superpowers from having unprotected sex with superheroes. Seems the super-splooge would imbue them temporarily with extra abilities.

I think the booking team sees Nikki and Cena in this light.

Mania should be Sasha* vs Charlotte. Mania will probably end up with Nikki vs Charlotte. So I guess this makes the best case scenario Sasha* vs Nikki vs Charlotte.

(* depending on how injured Sasha is).

If The Boss can't go at Mania, then I hope someone on the booking committee finds a way to drag Becky vs Charlotte all the way to Mania, and we can skip the Nikki match.

Sasha vs Charlotte would be the ideal match because the Mania crowd tends to be smarky so it'd get great NXT style heat instead of the cricket chirps you'd get if they put it on some random Raw or filler ppv.

I do look forward to Nikki coming back. I think she's horribly underrated just because of the Total Divas thing and who she dates. There seems to be a level of bias against girls who didn't come up through the NXT pipeline. I think she's easily done the best job of going from eye candy-to-wrestler since Trish. Charlotte is more athletic but I actually think NIkki is a much smarter worker. I'd probably rank Becky and Sasha 1-2 and then put Nikki and Charlotte tied for 3rd when ranking the company's women.  

I can't imagine Charlotte vs. Nikki at Mania, since that would necessitate Nikki being a face. That's Sasha's spot if she's healthy.

I have to admit the Rumble does interest me this year. Hopefully the Brock stuff is a red herring and an inspired mystery man will win it all, but Brock's presence alone adds a lot of intrigue.

Kalisto/ADR was pretty good. I'd definitely like to see Kalisto amount to something, but he fits the profile of a guy WWE would forget about within weeks of a big win.

I still think they missed a potential goldmine of making Roman/Charlotte/Randy a team of arrogant and entitled multi-generational stars led by the ultimate example of that, Stephanie.

Haven't you ever listened to the lyrics of Stephanie's music? She's a self made woman. She would never slum it with those jabronis who are simply beneficiaries of nepotism. 

Heh.

I can't imagine Charlotte vs. Nikki at Mania, since that would necessitate Nikki being a face. That's Sasha's spot if she's healthy.

Once again, as a reminder, toss your concept of heels and faces out of the window when it comes to the Divas. They're all booked and written as being crazy so it's just as likely Charlotte will have 4 turns and wind up as a face by then.