DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 1/7/15

victor

John Cena kicks off SmackDown and comes out to a big pop. Cena cuts a promo and wants his rematch against WWE United States Champion Alberto Del Rio because of how their recent RAW match ended. Del Rio refuses Cena's request and taunts him

* Kalisto defeated Alberto Del Rio in a great non-title match

- The Miz is out for Miz TV but is interrupted by WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day. They talk about Chris Jericho but are interrupted by Dolph Ziggler, then Goldust. R-Truth and Neville also come out. This leads to a match

* Dolph Ziggler, Goldust, R-Truth and Neville defeated The New Day and The Miz. Ziggler was the last man standing after the match

* Becky Lynch vs. WWE Divas Champion Charlotte with Ric Flair is next. Charlotte retains after an assist from Flair

* Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose for the WWE Intercontinental Title ends in a double count out as they brawl around ringside and to the back

Kalisto beating Del Rio gotta see that. Show looks pretty good.

* Becky Lynch vs. WWE Divas Champion Charlotte with Ric Flair is next. Charlotte retains after an assist from Flair

Did they blow off this whole feud on Smackdown?  Or are they just doing what they always do with the women and have them wrestle the same match 17 times and then expect anyone to care when they do the 18th on PPV?

Did they blow off this whole feud on Smackdown?  Or are they just doing what they always do with the women and have them wrestle the same match 17 times and then expect anyone to care when they do the 18th on PPV?

Nah, the Flair assist is to set up the eventual PPV match. They'll probably have them in some divas tags until then. 

Becky really needs a friend. 

Can they hire Finlay to accompany Becky to the ring or something?

The right answer to who should come to the ring with Becky is Ricky Steamboat.

The right answer to who should come to the ring with Becky is Ricky Steamboat.

Then, Arn has to come to the ring with Charlotte and Ric for his "Not Ricky Steamboat" reaction. 

• Like 3

The right answer to who should come to the ring with Becky is Terry Funk.

FIFY

I kind of want to see Funk outside the ring throwing shit around and acting like a nut during a divas match.

• Like 3

I'd also add Stephanie as a second for Becky. It works because Steph brought Becky up to the main roster and is a fan of Becky. The only issue I would have is this would require the WWE writers to write a story where a babyface accepts the Authority's offer while remaining a babyface. Plus we could get delusional promos from Steph where she claims "us Irish lasses need to stick together" with Becky trying to be nice but explain to Steph how she's not really Irish she just has an Irish last name.

The right answer to who should come to the ring with Becky is Terry Funk.

FIFY

I kind of want to see Funk outside the ring throwing shit around and acting like a nut during a divas match.

I like that, but my answer was already fixed.   Becky beating the shit out of Charlotte while Steamboat rips yet another suit off of Flair for old time's sake would be an instant classic.

And what Eddie said.  Arn has to be there for the "What in the hell is Steamboat doing here?" moment.

I'd also add Stephanie as a second for Becky. It works because Steph brought Becky up to the main roster and is a fan of Becky. The only issue I would have is this would require the WWE writers to write a story where a babyface accepts the Authority's offer while remaining a babyface. Plus we could get delusional promos from Steph where she claims "us Irish lasses need to stick together" with Becky trying to be nice but explain to Steph how she's not really Irish she just has an Irish last name.

This idea is mind-bendingly terrible and you should apologize.

• Like 5

I thought this Smackdown would be different. Looking at the photos from the event, it looks like business as usual. I guess a new commentator, but everything else looks the same. I highly doubt WWE would actually film this differently than the episodes of Smackdown/Raw from the last 5 years so I am not sure what the hype is about.