DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

Drew Galloway is out of BFG due to injury. That sucks as he's been on fire all year and I hate that he has to miss the show. Was looking forward to seeing what he got out of Aron Rex in a big PPV match and the card as it was had been looking pretty strong on top with great feuds.

6 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Wait...it's costs $600,000 to do a PPV that maybe 500 people will order?? THAT'S SO TNA.

Fixed it there for you.

I really feel sorry for TNA though. All the wrestlers that have passed through that company. It's amazing how a company like that has been around for 14 years and it's never gotten off the ground floor. I mean that's some Maddoff level shit going on when it comes to money loss.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Drew Galloway is out of BFG due to injury. That sucks as he's been on fire all year and I hate that he has to miss the show. Was looking forward to seeing what he got out of Aron Rex in a big PPV match and the card as it was had been looking pretty strong on top with great feuds.

Now, is he injured? Or is it an angle?

• Like 1

He is definitely injured but clearly will still be there if the PPV is held

So it is more concussion related but of course Drew is now trying to peddle a PPV that may or may not happen

10 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Aurora Rose Levesque starts booking TNA using her wooden blocks and My Little Pony dolls.  Fluttershy wins the Knockouts title at the next Network special, WWE Presents: TNA Presents: CAT.

My Little Booker: Friendship is Tragic. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jstout said:

"TNA can't close! I don't wanna lose indie gigs to the Honky Tonk Man! I don't wanna be a personal trainer!"

Aw man, don't knock the job of personal trainer.  It looks fucking awesome.  Granted, my frame of reference are certain ... movies .... of a sort.

• Like 1

In regards to WWE pickups....look I know the brand split screwed things up a bit, but why would they take anyone left at this point? The WWE has an insane talent roster, useage not with standing. They've already cherry picked the guys they wanted, and it's not like they'd offer anything close on pay scale for them (smart business really). If the fed hasn't called by now, it's probably not happening. Look at Jesse Neal. He went after the WWE gig when he was free and the WWE laughed at him til he was out the door. Not like Hardys got younger. Sure Matt's act is cool, but WWE isn't formatted for what he's doing. Way better fit in ROH. 

57 minutes ago, DTTW said:

In regards to WWE pickups....look I know the brand split screwed things up a bit, but why would they take anyone left at this point? The WWE has an insane talent roster, useage not with standing. They've already cherry picked the guys they wanted, and it's not like they'd offer anything close on pay scale for them (smart business really). If the fed hasn't called by now, it's probably not happening. Look at Jesse Neal. He went after the WWE gig when he was free and the WWE laughed at him til he was out the door. Not like Hardys got younger. Sure Matt's act is cool, but WWE isn't formatted for what he's doing. Way better fit in ROH. 

I don't think you can say cherry picked. They never bought anyone out of their contracts as far as I can remember. They signed Joe, Aries, Roode etc. after their contracts ran out.

I think Trevor Lee almost has to be a lock for WWE. Mark Andrews and Andrew Everett are at the very least good contenders for CWC 2.

Unknown. Onscreen, he's suspended indefinitely. Off-screen, he's said goodbye to the fans in the Impact Zone and told them he's off to rejoin an old friend. My guess is, when he left NXT to rejoin TNA, he put something in his contract where he could leave immediately if he was ever late getting paid. And Dixie gotta Dixie, so he left.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, The Z said:

I don't think you can say cherry picked. They never bought anyone out of their contracts as far as I can remember. They signed Joe, Aries, Roode etc. after their contracts ran out.

I think Trevor Lee almost has to be a lock for WWE. Mark Andrews and Andrew Everett are at the very least good contenders for CWC 2.

You know what I mean - anything they wanted they already grabbed. Anyone left is getting table scrap offers at best and no offer at all is more likely.(Abyss vs Kane WM mainevent!)

Not like WWE couldn't afford to straight up violate any contract TNA had then lawyer them into bankruptcy over it if they wanted to.

Considering some of the alleged garbage participants in the CWC (didn't watch it myself) and how it didn't exactly light the wrestling world on fire (and by god it should have) I'm doubtful the WWE cares and I'm sure it would be another table scrap offer to start if they are even interested.  WWE has more talents then it knows what to do with. Wasn't the WCW roster 205 deep at it's peak? WWE is over 100 right?

From the WON update today

Regarding TNA, this is what we know. The talent has been told to come to Orlando and that everything is on. Nobody knows who is paying for it. Nothing has been announced regarding a sale. Nobody has officially said the shows are on, particularly Bound for Glory, but talent is under the impression that the shows are on.

i kind of wish that the PPV was in like 3 weeks but WWE bought TNA today. Then they used those 3 weeks to make a TNA reunion show of sorts. AJ, Joe, Daniels, Amazing Red, MCMGs, Jay Lethal, the hardcore midgets, Scott D'Amore and a version of Team Canada, etc. bring back the six sided ring. Have America's Most Wanted reform for one night only, but by the end Storm turns on Harris and we get Beer Money again.  Hell, a Jarrett & Global Force run-in would be fantastic.

I feel like people would watch that and flip their shit, getting all excited about old TNA footage on the WWE Network. of course, they'd tune in for one or two old shows and be like "oh yeah now i remember why this sucked so much ass in the first place"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Unknown. Onscreen, he's suspended indefinitely. Off-screen, he's said goodbye to the fans in the Impact Zone and told them he's off to rejoin an old friend. My guess is, when he left NXT to rejoin TNA, he put something in his contract where he could leave immediately if he was ever late getting paid. And Dixie gotta Dixie, so he left.

And when he left NXT, allegedly he was told he'd be welcomed back if he changed his mind.