DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

So this is weird. TB Times' Rick Stroud reports the Dolphins apparently asked the Bucs for permission to interview Dick Koetter which prompted the Bucs to freak out and fire Lovie immediately because they 100% are hiring Koetter as their new HC.  

Considering they combined for six wins in the previous 2 seasons, I would say it was acceptable enough.  They have talent at the skill positions maybe, but that doesn't really mean all that much considering how badly that team was broken when dude before Lovie left.  

I don't think he got a fair shake, but his defense is beyond outdated so I wouldn't say I'm shocked.  It felt like he needed one more year though.

Agreed. Lovie's firing is more shocking that Pagano getting extended. The defense for TB didn't even need that much work. They were really good with stopping the run this season. The offense was doing very well with Jameis, Muscle Hamster, Sims, Evans and a returning ASJ. They improved on their wins from last season. Everything was basically trending in the right direction for TB, so firing Lovie is really strange.

I know promoting their OC has been mentioned, but I suppose TB now avoids what happened in Chicago, where a series of OCs and DCs wound up getting scapegoated while Lovie was protected. Maybe TB saw through the bullshit.

Well Mike Tannebaum was Koetter's agent during that period after Tannebaum left the Jets.

So I think the Fins desire to hire Koetter was very real.

Why the fuck the Bucs want to keep him so bad is another matter

God I hate using Total offense or defense as measure stick

One should not be judged solely on yardage

For example - you say the Bucs were Top 5 (which is based on YPG)

I would say it's hard for an offense to be considered Top 5 when they had 7 games under 20 points and FIVE games of 14 or less

Tampa Bay was 20th in both PPG and Total Points

• Like 1

Which opening is the most toxic right now?

The 49ers has to be near the top with the shit show the owners have made the org the past couple years, the same can be said of the Browns since they came back into the league though.

Which opening is the most toxic right now?

The 49ers has to be near the top with the shit show the owners have made the org the past couple years, the same can be said of the Browns since they came back into the league though.

Cleveland is worse only because you have to be in Cleveland. They're both giant shit sandwiches with Dookie brand cheese, poop coldcuts and a cool refreshing diarrhea aioli. Would you rather be with an owner who only cared about getting a stadium built and now is just pretending to give a shit or an owner who wants to win but has the intellect of the aforementioned sandwich?

• Like 1

Philly Daily News reported that Jon Gruden was interested in Eagles job

Jon Gruden says he is not

BROTHER vs BROTHER!  TWICE A YEAR!  If only Judd Garrett would take the Giants job, greatest division EVER!

Not quite Factory of Sadness level but a solid sequel.

As for Gruden, anything that gets him out of the MNF booth works for me. Of course knowing the four letter, they'll install an even more insufferable asshat like Ray Lewis in his place.