DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2016 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

This is still the greatest elimination of all time: 

maven-eliminates-undertaker-o.gif

Taker's reaction is what makes it.  He looks like he legit cannot believe what just happened.  Too bad Maven wasn't anywhere close to ready to put on a decent match, because we were all interested in what happened after that.

This:

Ref: Taker/Maven. Could I get a gif of the subsequent chair shot? It's probably the most brutal chairshot I've ever seen.

Undertaker has the most brutal chair shots ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go72HSZPeDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5wLdygLLmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otwbw2FLQtQ

Wasn't able to find the one on Shawn Michaels in Hell in a Cell from In Your House 18: Badd Blood.

It was still funny to have Cole put him over, after all the nonsense with Daniel Bryan back in the day. Then JBL puts over the IWGP Championship and mentions him in the same breath as Lesnar. People used to mark out if they mentioned Japan on the C-shows. How times change! Not that I'm complaining.

• Like 1

I would wait until he's in a middle of the country city without a post-PPV crowd to see how people react to AJ. Rumble is the second biggest destination PPV, plus he wrestled in Orlando for a decade. His reaction wasn't even as big the next night on Raw. If he's big time over in like...Portland, then he's probably pretty over. A dude spending his entire career in TNA and Japan seems like a pretty valid candidate for "no one knows who he is" on Raw.

Why does everyone believe that we're the only people who have the internet?  If someone likes wrestling, and has a computer odds are they've at least heard of AJ Styles.  They don't have to be huge fans, spend any time reading the dirtsheets, or on a message board to know that he's been a pretty big deal over the last decade.  Most people who spend money to go to Raw probably have read something about wrestling on the internet.  They may not watch TNA or New Japan, but they've heard of wrestlers not in the WWE. 

My brother is 43 years old and had watched wrestling his whole life. He's actually the one who got me in to wrestling. But it was ALWAYS WWF for him. He almost never watched NWA/WCW. He has never watched TNA or seen any Japanese wrestling, but he is aware those things exist. He doesn't watch RAW on a regular basis anymore because he finds the storylines lame. He has the WWE Network and will watch the monthly PPVs and says he usually watches "This Week in WWE" right before watching the PPV to catch up on anything he may not know about by missing RAW.

That backstory now told, when we were talking about the Rumble this year and making predictions last week, I mentioned the signing of AJ Styles and how he'll likely be a surprise entrant. He had no idea who AJ Styles was. Never heard of him and never seen him before. So there ARE people like him out there who are long time fans of wrestling, have the internet, are aware of other companies that are out there, but make no effort/have no interest in seeking out or finding out about any wrestling other than WWE. I'd say there are a lot of people like my brother out there who casually watch RAW and PPVs and have no idea who this new guy is and why he's so special.

• Like 1