DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2016 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

Aw, Sami can't fit between the turnbuckles anymore.

I'm sure he can just fine, he just pulls back on the leap when it's being countered as to not die horribly. That or he ate a lot of cake.

I liked his tag team with Spike Dudley, though I may be the only person who actually remembers that he had a tag team with Spike Dudley.

Not only were they a team, they were tag team champions. I believe Tazz was dabbling with commentary while teaming with Spike.

And Tazz choked out Stacy Kiebler during her brief "Dutchess of Dudleyville" phase.

There's never "again" for me. I've been shitting on him for 20 years now. Every day I think of something that makes me hate Konnan just a little bit more.

Welcome to the club

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2325-wrestler-of-the-day-konnan/?hl=konnan

He, Michael Hayes, and Brian Knobs are neck and neck and neck for guys I hate most in wrestling.

NNE1p7p.gif 

There's never "again" for me. I've been shitting on him for 20 years now. Every day I think of something that makes me hate Konnan just a little bit more.

Hearing his claims about being the 'Mexican Hulk Hogan' got me curious to watch some stuff, specifically the 'retirement' match with Cien Caras (Jake Roberts and his gnarly denim ensemble interfere and cost Konnan the match) and I'll be damned if he doesn't check off the HH boxes:

Limited in the ring.

CRAZY connection with the crowd.

Good Physique.

Hearing his claims about being the 'Mexican Hulk Hogan' got me curious to watch some stuff, specifically the 'retirement' match with Cien Caras (Jake Roberts and his gnarly denim ensemble interfere and cost Konnan the match) and I'll be damned if he doesn't check off the HH boxes:

Limited in the ring.

CRAZY connection with the crowd.

Good Physique.

Hogan was limited, but not "I don't understand how his opponent isn't a cripple," limted.  If I wrestled Konnan I wouldn't try anything riskier than a drop toe hold.  I think he could take that bump in a way that doesn't end my career.

Storytime about my Konnan experience. For my 30th birthday, my brothers and I went to Las Vegas. When we were looking up shows and events that were happening while we were in Vegas, we found that there was going to be a Lucha show in the area and decided to attend. We find that 2nd row ringside seats are available so we buy the tickets and head to the show later that night. We get there and we are a part of the very few white guys in the audience and we're having a great time at the show. A tag match comes up with Konnan and Human Tornado against two other luchadores I don't remember. What I do remember is that Konnan was doing almost nothing the whole match. Tornado is obviously carrying their team. He was taking a beatdown, did a "hot tag" to Konnan who did about two moves and tagged right back out to Tornado, who was still on the apron selling the beating he had just been taking for several minutes, and he continued on in the match. At this point, us as well as the rest of the audience realized Konnan was doing almost no nothing, we we started a "Konnan's Lazy" chant. Konnan did not like this and he grabbed a mic and cut a promo on us mid-match in Spanish. I know a few words in Spanish and know he ended by pointing at us and saying basically our mother was a whore to a mild pop from the crowd, but a huge pop from us drunken assholes there celebrating my birthday. Mind you, he still did not get in the ring and do anything, leaving all the work to Human Tornado until the very end of the match when Konnan tagged in and did his shitty Tequila Sunrise submission for the win.

• Like 2