DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The problem for WWE isn't the money they might have to pay him or Brie, the problem would be the bad PR if one of the most popular wrestlers of the era kills himself in a WWE ring after major injuries kept him out twice.

I know he's not going to wrestle, I was just cobbling together the biggest feasible thing they could do. Not advocating that they should.

Man, if only this company had built up a few other stars...

...though I admit that if they somehow convinced Michaels to come back and also somehow convinced The Rock to work with him, Rock/HBK would save this whole thing for me.

They might have to bite the bullet and bring Bryan back. Actually, it's too bad that they already ran Reigns/Bryan because they need that matchup now. Of course, that's what they get for being petulant toward part of their fanbase. 

I think the fanbase was far more petulant than WWE was in regards to Bryan. The fanbase went out of their way to shit on everything because WWE didn't want to put the company on Bryan's back again due to him getting injured a month into it the last time they did it...and then Bryan almost immediately gets put out of action as soon as he comes back. WWE clearly made the right call not putting Bryan back into the main events. It makes the fans look more like assholes for their behavior at the time.

Who is out there that's a former star that can still physically do something, isn't a pariah, is a free agent, and would take the payday? Because all I've got is Meng or Duggan. Who weren't really at that Hogan/ Savage/ Flair level of over-ness.

If they could somehow get Angle or the Hardys from TNA, now would be the time to do it. But I don't see any way that happens. It would be funny to see how much more of a draw they would be in a promotion that knows how to promote things though.

...though I admit that if they somehow convinced Michaels to come back and also somehow convinced The Rock to work with him, Rock/HBK would save this whole thing for me.

They might have to bite the bullet and bring Bryan back. Actually, it's too bad that they already ran Reigns/Bryan because they need that matchup now. Of course, that's what they get for being petulant toward part of their fanbase. 

I think the fanbase was far more petulant than WWE was in regards to Bryan. The fanbase went out of their way to shit on everything because WWE didn't want to put the company on Bryan's back again due to him getting injured a month into it the last time they did it...and then Bryan almost immediately gets put out of action as soon as he comes back. WWE clearly made the right call not putting Bryan back into the main events. It makes the fans look more like assholes for their behavior at the time.

Honestly, nah. As a fan, I don't give a fuck about what the company is concerned about, I just want to see my guy win. 

However, if the company knew how to push dudes and didn't make themselves the biggest on-screen heels in the organization by conflating Vince McMahon, wrestling promoter with Vince McMahon, guy who hates the fans and holds people like CM Punk back, they wouldn't have this problem. Not that I love the fans who won't let Punk or even Bryan go at this point, but nope, it's on the company that got things to that point in the first place...and then instead of just bringing Bryan back after the Rumble, they brought him in, had him get unceremoniously dumped out of nowhere, and jobbed him to the guy that they know the audience knows they want to put on top.

That's petulance. Petulance and stupidity. 

• Like 1

Wrestlemania is bleeding.

The very best thing about this is that I almost can't envision a boring card at this point. Something has to give.

Brock vs Reigns II

Bray vs Taker II

HHH vs Ambrose

Del Rio (or Owens) vs Ryback

Del Rio (or Owens) vs... some other babyface?

Sasha vs Nikki vs Charlotte vs Becky

Some multi team tag.

I don't even know, really. 

HHH vs who else? Ryback? Reigns? Owens?

Undertaker vs who? Owens? HHH? Ambrose?

Next to nothing fits. It's nuts. 

Honestly, nah. As a fan, I don't give a fuck about what the company is concerned about, I just want to see my guy win. 

However, if the company knew how to push dudes and didn't make themselves the biggest on-screen heels in the organization by conflating Vince McMahon, wrestling promoter with Vince McMahon, guy who hates the fans and holds people like CM Punk back, they wouldn't have this problem. Not that I love the fans who won't let Punk or even Bryan go at this point, but nope, it's on the company that got things to that point in the first place...and then instead of just bringing Bryan back after the Rumble, they brought him in, had him get unceremoniously dumped out of nowhere, and jobbed him to the guy that they know the audience knows they want to put on top.

That's petulance. Petulance and stupidity. 

In what world was Punk held back? 

What if I told you people should probably stop being mad about someone not fake losing to them in their fake fights from 20 years ago?

I'd tell you to go talk to Ole Anderson.

Based on Mid Atlantic Memories, he seems like a very unpleasant/scary man to talk to about anything. No thanks.

Not to white-knight the guy or anything, but he's been suffering from MS for years. You'd be unpleasant too.

• Like 1

What if I told you people should probably stop being mad about someone not fake losing to them in their fake fights from 20 years ago?

I'd tell you to go talk to Ole Anderson.

Based on Mid Atlantic Memories, he seems like a very unpleasant/scary man to talk to about anything. No thanks.

Not to white-knight the guy or anything, but he's been suffering from MS for years. You'd be unpleasant too.

He seemed pretty gruff and unpleasant well before he got sick. I can't imagine that helped his general demeanor or personality.