DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

Judging by the stat line Tebow's gotta be pretty close to a lock to get cut this week right.

1 for 7, -1 yd, 1 INT, rating of 0.0. I guess he has 30 yards rushing but he's just taking up roster space as a QB right now.

Posted Image

Judging by the stat line Tebow's gotta be pretty close to a lock to get cut this week right.

1 for 7, -1 yd, 1 INT, rating of 0.0. I guess he has 30 yards rushing but he's just taking up roster space as a QB right now.

Posted Image

THAT is bowling shoe ugly. . .WOOF.  After his inevitable cut, he ought to go to the UFL, he bring his "star" there and maybe his nutjob fanbase could leave  the NFL alone for awhile. . .

Posted Image

THAT is bowling shoe ugly. . .WOOF.  After his inevitable cut, he ought to go to the UFL, he bring his "star" there and maybe his nutjob fanbase could leave  the NFL alone for awhile. . .

The UFL est morte, dude.  Let him fuck off down to Florida and get a Congressional seat, I say.  But then CNN will fall all over themselves to declare him the Second Coming of Christ.

Posted Image

The UFL est morte, dude.  Let him fuck off down to Florida and get a Congressional seat, I say.  But then CNN will fall all over themselves to declare him the Second Coming of Christ.

Goes to show how much I know about it; never saw any coverage so I couldn't tell the difference. . . Maybe Sheiky can humble him.

You assume Belichick signed him ever intending to have him throw a pass in the regular season. He'll be lining up opposite Gronk in the 2-TE formation week 1.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves by calling what Tim Tebow does as a "pass". I would describe it as more of a "failed shakey pigskin object launch".

• Like 1

Watching Tebow play keeps my own NFL dreams alive.

Is that why were on the Transaction Wires this morning? New Oakland Raiders 6th string Long Snapper.

You assume Belichick signed him ever intending to have him throw a pass in the regular season. He'll be lining up opposite Gronk in the 2-TE formation week 1.

There's not a lot of room for him at TE any more either. With Gronk, Ballard, Fells, Hoomanawanui and the emergence of Sudfeld the battle to land a TE spot is gonna heat up. Of course there is the chance that Belichick has a role for Tebow that he hasn't actually shown in pre-season and is waiting for the regular season. Or the signing could have just been due to McDaniels asking repeatedly like a small child and finally Bill did it to shut him up and eventually cut Tebow.

Belichick will probably use Tebow as some hybrid QB/FB/TE for a few plays every game to keep opponents on their toes.  Which is fine, no harm can be done there. 

That gif looks like a combination of a shot put throw and a duck falling to Earth after getting hit by 12-gauge buckshot.

• Like 1

Belichick will probably use Tebow as some hybrid QB/FB/TE for a few plays every game to keep opponents on their toes.  Which is fine, no harm can be done there. 

That gif looks like a combination of a shot put throw and a duck falling to Earth after getting hitting by 12-gauge buckshot.

With throws like that, LB's could be feasting on him, if lines up behind center; if he lines up at WR or RB for a trick play, he migh do a little damage, but not much. It will say more about the Pats than Tebow if he makes their final 53.

There are two obvious problems with this idea:1.) You can't just switch positions in a snap. There's a reason why it's rare. Also, Tebow may be a good runner for a QB, but not for a TE, plus we have no idea if he catches passes any better than he throws them.2.) The Gronk isn't going to be playing for a while longer because his arm is still fucked up.

I see him more as a change of pace RB/FB who gets a few carries a game.  Maybe one or two games with 5+ carries and a few games with 0. They successfully used Aaron Hernandez as a RB at times and surely Tebow can fill that role.

You know what I think the plan with Tebow is?

Put him on the team and sell jerseys. When the Pats make enough profit, factoring out the cost of his contract, he'll be shown the door. If Belichick can use him, great, but I bet no one in the office thought about that shit when they got him. And I bet the amount of time Belichick is spending on trying to figure it out is minimal.

Posted Image

That's hardly the worst throw you'll see on any given Sunday.  All that is is a miscommunication between QB and receiver.

Aren't jersey sales split between every team in the league?

Then the conspiracy theorist in me says Goodell decided the Pats were next in line to carry the cross. Keep this guy in the league till the money dries up.

Posted Image

All that is is a miscommunication between QB and receiver.

The receiver is under the illusion the back up quarterback can actually play quarterback?

• Like 2