DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

Bears' third string QB Matt Blanchard is now out with a fractured knuckle. Now we gotta sign someone quick.Jamarcus Russell is still out there lurking, isn't he?

Vince Young should be in a couple of weeks. . . :)

Finally, my week is complete. If Rodgers got hurt, we'd be 4-12 at best unless they signed some veteran stop-gap via trade or off free agency that I don't have an inkling of existing.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2013-green-bay-packers-1148710183

Edit: Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich, Tyler Thigpen, Trent Edwards, Jamarcus Russell, Matt Leinart, Jordan Palmer. These seem to be the semi-active name free agents still in existence. Good grief, Vince Young really is the best option.

I swear my eyes turned "Tyler Thigpen" into "Yancey Thigpen" the first time I read this.

BOURBONNAIS, IL—Shrugging his shoulders and scowling, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler told reporters Tuesday that he’s looking forward to proving doubters “completely whatever” in the final year of his contract. “People want to question my future with this team, and that just motivates me to show them meh,” said Cutler, holding his mouth agape for several seconds before continuing. “I know there’s a lot of pressure on me to win, so at the end of the day I just have to go out there and who gives a shit.” Sources confirmed Cutler concluded the press conference by putting on a large winter jacket, silently pouting, and refusing to answer any questions from reporters.
*Nods thoughtfully*

BOURBONNAIS, IL—Shrugging his shoulders and scowling, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler told reporters Tuesday that he’s looking forward to proving doubters “completely whatever” in the final year of his contract. “People want to question my future with this team, and that just motivates me to show them meh,” said Cutler, holding his mouth agape for several seconds before continuing. “I know there’s a lot of pressure on me to win, so at the end of the day I just have to go out there and who gives a shit.” Sources confirmed Cutler concluded the press conference by putting on a large winter jacket, silently pouting, and refusing to answer any questions from reporters.
*Nods thoughtfully*

Holy crap, is that real, or from The Onion?

*Nods thoughtfully*
It would be a funny coincidence that, if say, the writer's name for this article would be "Fred S Williams".

*Nods thoughtfully*
The fact that you had to ask amuses me greatly.

Alex Smith is quarterbacking against the 49ers, and I'm glad it doesn't count because I still don't want to root against him quite yet.

Forgot about the game until now, turned it on early in the 2nd Quarter, surprised (pleasantly) he's still in.

Someone on Chicago sports talk radio will suggest offering a 6th-rounder to the Skins for HIM. I'm calling it right now.

I don't think the Skins would give up RG3 for less then a 3rd

of the bears roster? even then I think Washington might want a pick or too. . .

Someone on Chicago sports talk radio will suggest offering a 6th-rounder to the Skins for HIM. I'm calling it right now.

Cutler will give them a ton of picks.

• Like 1

Cutler will give them a ton of picks.

He is the gift that keeps on giving. . . whether you want him to or not.

Judging by the stat line Tebow's gotta be pretty close to a lock to get cut this week right.

1 for 7, -1 yd, 1 INT, rating of 0.0. I guess he has 30 yards rushing but he's just taking up roster space as a QB right now.