DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW 12/14/15

steve

This was a damn fun show. Probably my favorite Raw since the night after Mania. Vince's presence just kinda gave the whole thing a different energy, for lack of a better term. And props to the guy for taking that bump, at the end. I think Reigns has finally won a lot of the crowd over, but we'll see. 

• Like 1

Gotta respect Vincent Kennedy McMahon for stepping up like, GODDAMMIT I'LL GET THIS MOTHERFUCKER OVER, IF I HAVE TO DO IT MYSELF.

In classic Vince fashion, he wasn't afraid to make himself look like a big giant idiot in the end for basically being trolled into giving Reigns a title match then getting knocked out.

That is the difference between Vince and The Authority.  It is like night and day.  The night starts off great for the arrogant heel only to see him get his comeuppance at the end of the night.  So carny and so 30 years old but it works just great when you the heel goes all out and sells it.

Where does The League of Nations go from here my friend just asked me and my answer is please let it be their separate ways.  They need to push Rusev again with Lana which it seems like they are starting to do.  Sheamus can go be a midcard heel.  Probably the same with Del Rio.  I don't know what happened to Barrett.

Hopefully they use tonight as a complete RESET and go from there.  Just in time to start the build towards Royal Rumble and Cena and Brock coming back etc..

Did they just do a terribly scripted triple-turn with the New Day or are they just terrible at writing babyfaces still?

Yeah I brought this up already, but it bears mentioning again...the intent was ostensibly to make New Day come off as arrogant and disingenuous. Instead they came off as sincere in their admiration and excited about their victory, while the Usos and Dragons came off like sore losers.

Example #3,325 why you can never really book for what the fans want.

Roman Reigns acting defiant to Stephanie: Cheer!

Stephanie slapping Reigns: Cheer!
Vince McMahon appearance: Cheer!

Vince trashing Roman: Cheer!

Roman standing up to Vince: Cheer!

Sheamus appearance: Boo!

Vince helping out Sheamus (By not booking the title match: Boo!

Reigns getting his match: Cheer!

Vince kicking Reigns in the junk: Cheer!

fg_126.jpg

Vince: “I'm sick of you people, you're nothing but a pack of fickle mush heads."

(Spoilered for size)

xFI0Iqk.jpg

WWE Universe: "He's right, give us hell, Vince!"

• Like 2

Now, you have Trip send mercenaries after Roman, all failing until he has to strike another deal with Heyman.

There are other options:

17_yetti_1.jpg

Only if it leads to Roman in the Dungeon of Doom.

There's no Romanians here.

I've never been here before.

Ahhh. It's not hot.

• Like 2

Where does The League of Nations go from here my friend just asked me and my answer is please let it be their separate ways.  They need to push Rusev again with Lana which it seems like they are starting to do.  Sheamus can go be a midcard heel.  Probably the same with Del Rio.  I don't know what happened to Barrett.

Hopefully they use tonight as a complete RESET and go from there.  Just in time to start the build towards Royal Rumble and Cena and Brock coming back etc..

What sucks about this is that LON were just starting to feel important.  Get them some matching jackets and have them actually act like a unit and steamroll people.  When they had that segment with the Wyatts the other week it felt like a -big deal-  If they had actually built LON up for a while and did that a couple weeks before Mania without throwing the Gang Warz clusterfuck, it would have been close to the Shield/Wyatts staredown from a few years ago.

I laughed at the replay of Dreamer DVD'ing Harper through two tables being sponsored by KAY JEWELERS: EVERY KISS BEGINS WITH KAY

I've seen softer face slaps give people concussions... Steph was insane.

R-Truth was insanely over tonight.

I laughed at the replay of Dreamer DVD'ing Harper through two tables being sponsored by KAY JEWELERS: EVERY KISS BEGINS WITH KAY

I've seen softer face slaps give people concussions... Steph was insane.

In her mind she was screaming "WHY AREN'T YOU MORE LIKEABLE!!?!?!?  WHY AREN'T YOU MORE LIKEABLE??>!>!>>"

Vince is the man. Everything felt immediately more important with him on the show. Great main event with great false finishes. Reigns throwing Supermans all over the place fighting off four guys. The final Brogue was a great near fall. Cool moment for Reigns, I thought the pop in the end was tremendous and it felt like a big moment. First WWE title change on Raw in 5 years. I wish Vince was around more than once a year.

ECW/Wyatts was much better than last night and more on par with what I hoped for from them. Crowd brawling and the Dreamer Driver off the stage through tables ruled. Still was holding out hope that the lights would go out at some point so Sabu or the Sandman could appear. Nice to see Rowan get the nod in the end after being the guy getting beat all the time. I guess this is it for team ECW. Dreamer had tweeted prior to the show that he was done with TV and would only be working house shows from now thru January but I'd prefer they keep 'em. Good Raw for sure. Guessing like most that Brock wins the Rumble, but I still wanna see Reigns vs HHH.