DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXIX

Dolfan in NYC

Kinda hoping Dean turns heel.  If it means he starts wearing actual wrestling gear and drops a few spots out of his moveset, it's worth it.

There's really nothing on this show that interests me.  If Paige and Charlotte bring the hate, they could have a good match, but that's not a lock by any means.

Roman is the Golden Boy Chosen One. If HHH were running the show I could see him turning Roman out of pragmatism but no way Vince does it. He sees him as his NexGen Cena and there's no way they deviate from that plan no matter how many unsold t-shirts with stupid catchphrases or fake crowd noise they have to pump in.

Ambrose turning is kind of a double edged sword for me. He's got the most charisma of the new guys and could definitely break out as Pillman-esque loose cannon antihero. But Dean doesn't really fit their mold of a top babyface so they'll never let him be him without trying to water him down or make him do idiotic skits like beating up a crash test dummy. So as a heel he might actually be allowed to cut loose.

Of course, the huge danger is if Ambrose does the cool heel schtick too well it's only going to serve to highlight Roman's floundering.

I don't know if this is more about how cynical I am about the RAW/Smackdown side of WWE or what but it really wouldn't surprise me that Paige wins the Divas title this Sunday and not because it makes sense in storylines (which I don't know if it does) but because of what Ric said and didn't say on his podcast about the RAW angle

Reigns vs Owens Finals.

I'm sticking with a Deadly Game-ish ending. Owens looks like the hired gun and new face for the Authority, until the swerve in the finish where the Authority backs Roman instead.

This is probably the best outcome.  We heard what HHH had to say to Del Rio and Cesaro, but only saw a handshake with KO.  So there's some intrigue there.  Just as it looks that KO is about get the ups via bad means, HHH slides a sledgehammer to Reigns and KO eats it in the gut. Finish with a spear, and Reigns dances off with the belt without directly turning on Ambrose.

You know I could almost see them having Del Rio win. If the whole thing with him and AAA is he can't go back and drop the title because Vince doesn't want the guy who beat Cena losing to anyone, how can he rightly lose this tournament? Del Rio/Ambrose would be a fun final. Yeah no one gives a shit about Del Rio and he's only going through the motions cause the money must be good. But I think that would be a little more interesting than Roman/Dean and who turns in that one.

Honestly why not just have Del Rio as the new chosen one for the Authority. He's got the looks, the voice, the skill. The MexAmerica thing aside from being some weird Vince jab at Trump still makes no sense.

I wish there was more than one 5 on 5 to include everyone. I'd guess something like Cesaro/Neville/Ryback/Usos but could also use the Lucha Dragons and I would've liked to see the Dudleys included too. Might as well at least throw the leftovers into a quick one on the preshow. Also would've preferred Breeze/Ziggler on opposing teams rather than the singles match since the feud got started then pushed aside for a few weeks before being brought back here with any heat/build considerably lessened. I liked last year's divas tag then realized this year there's like barely enough divas to even make one without Paige/Charlotte especially the face side.

Still hoping for no heel turn for Reigns or Ambrose. Sticking with Reigns over Owens in the finals leading to Owens/Ambrose over the IC at TLC. Sheamus cash in certainly seems likely even if unsuccessful.

Turning Reigns would make no sense at this point. He just cut the "I don't sell out" promo. If they turn him now, his credibility is fucked long-term.

And if he doesn't win the title his credibility is fucked too. That's the problem WWE's in right now. The top two heels have titles already and they have to get the belt on Reigns but he can't sell out so he can't turn heel. Ambrose makes no sense as the Authority's new chosen one but it's the only logical final opponent for Reigns. I guess you could keep Reigns and Ambrose faces, have the rematch at TLC, have Sheamus try and cash in during a sequence when Reigns/Ambrose are down.

Yes, he did, which was why Deadly Games was brilliant because it felt like it came out of nowhere.

Your other option is the shades of gray we haven't seen in awhile, which I think would absolutely work. He would be insanely over, but I doubt they go down that path. If he's going to get babyface heat, it's going to be as a white meat babyface.

Roman hasn't shown the ability to cut this type of promo, and no it won't happen next Monday, but talking for 5 minutes made Rock the most over heel in years.   

Turning Reigns is not out of the realm of possibility, and may ultimately be the best thing for his character.

Personally, I'd love to see them slowly tempt and push Roman heel.  Ultimately have him turn on, let's say, Cena at Royal Rumble. Ambrose, Brock, or Cesaro win the Rumble and take on the monster Reigns at Mania, where who knows what happens.  If they keep the title on him, then keep it on him until a face Seth comes back around Summerslam and gets revenge. 

In one of my sadly normal booking moments, I had Reigns spearing Ambrose to win the match, only for Ambrose to get his foot on the rope to break up the pin.  The commentators, audience, and Roman sees this--but the referee doesn't and counts the pin.  Ambrose understandly throws a fit and chaos breaks loose as Reigns stands in the corner, trying to figure out what to do.  HHH makes his way to the ring, WHC belt in hand, and asks Roman if he saw anything regarding Dean's foot.  Desperate to finally win the championship, Roman says no and gets the belt with HHH smirking, Dean screaming bloody murder, and Roman dying inside.  Ultimately, HHH gets Reigns to see the advantages of doing what's best for business and Roman becomes an incredibly depraved heel.

Of course, all of this is probably for naught as a certain FELLA is still in the mix.

• Like 2

Yes, he did, which was why Deadly Games was brilliant because it felt like it came out of nowhere.

It was the perfect swerve that birthed a million shitty swerves. That raises the issue: would it be effective if they ran the same finish for this tournament? As soon as they announced the tournament (before the bracket, even) pretty much everyone on this board jumped to "Ambrose turns in the final, or maybe Reigns." 

Watch the Survivor Series traditional match end up being a Diva match that the crowd completely shits on

It's probably New Day/The other two Wyatts vs Usos/Ryback/Lucha Dragons though

I'll be at the lucha temple during this show and have no idea if I will try to catch up before Raw with the card they announced

• Like 1

Didn't Rock tell Vince "I rather be the People's Ass than kiss yours" only to become corporate champ?  It can be done.  Or just have Reigns go into business for himself and let everyone chase him because he doesn't operate under any kind of standards--he just kicks the mess out of you, face or heel.

And he was barred from the tournament by the Corporation and had to beat a load of people to even get in the first round brackets. They perceived to stack the odds against him which doubly made the crowd get behind him which THEN made them reeeeeeeeeally hate him when he turned and it was all a ruse. Plus with Montreal still fresh the finish added a little sweetner of heat. Great booking

Bold Predication:

Ro-Dawg win the tourney.  Sheamus cashs in and loses to Ro-Dawg.  He hits the brogue kick busting up Roman in the process.  Roman goes back stage where Vince is ready to congratulate hi,.  Roman sneezes due to irritation from the blood, and Vince completely turns on him.  Monday night Roman drops the belt to Kane.  

• Like 1

I have no problem with Reigns or Ambrose turning heel, I'd just loathe seeing them do it by turning into the "corporate champ." Like, Rollins already DID that. I don't think we really need another Shield member turning heel in exactly the same fashion. And if it's Reigns, which seems most likely to me, do we really want another half dozen months of HHH and Stephanie cutting promos to open RAW every week (which seems more likely to happen with Reigns than with Ambrose)?

• Like 2

In one of my sadly normal booking moments, I had Reigns spearing Ambrose to win the match, only for Ambrose to get his foot on the rope to break up the pin. The commentators, audience, and Roman sees this--but the referee doesn't and counts the pin. Ambrose understandly throws a fit and chaos breaks loose as Reigns stands in the corner, trying to figure out what to do. HHH makes his way to the ring, WHC belt in hand, and asks Roman if he saw anything regarding Dean's foot. Desperate to finally win the championship, Roman says no and gets the belt with HHH smirking, Dean screaming bloody murder, and Roman dying inside. Ultimately, HHH gets Reigns to see the advantages of doing what's best for business and Roman becomes an incredibly depraved heel.

Of course, all of this is probably for naught as a certain FELLA is still in the mix.

I can see something similar with Reigns throwing absolutely everything at Ambrose but cant get the win until finally Trips comes down with the sledgehammer which Roman begrudgingly accepts because he wants the belt so bad.