DVDVR Message Board

CHRIS JERICHO PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 0:02 AM, Ace said:

I've only listened to the first few minutes, but Meat Loaf sounded ROUGH.

Okay, so it wasn't just me.

Yeah, he really sounded pretty bad. Then again, given that he's one of those guys that you look at and wonder how the hell he's lasted this long, I suppose it could be worse.

I did like the bit about him recording his part for The Pick of Destiny in ten minutes and not getting told that they were going to be using that take.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Is Talkin Shop just shoehorned in to Jericho's podcasts or does it have its own channel? My feeble brain can't find it anywhere

It's not its own show yet, just one of Jericho's shows.  i.e. whenever Jericho tapes a show with Gallows & Anderson, it becomes a "Talkin' Shop" episode.

Don Callis and Lance Storm are getting their own weekly podcast on Jericho's network. While I think we're hitting wrestling podcast critical mass, I do think that Lance and Don are both smart guys and I'm at least curious enough about the idea to give the show a few episodes to grab me.

• 3 weeks later...

First interview I've heard with Callis, is there any footage of the Supermodels team with Rick Martel? I'd never heard any of that stuff previously, I thought Martel had just left the business for a couple of years and came straight back to WCW in 96

7 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

First interview I've heard with Callis, is there any footage of the Supermodels team with Rick Martel? I'd never heard any of that stuff previously, I thought Martel had just left the business for a couple of years and came straight back to WCW in 96

Here they are against the very young Edge and Christian. This is right before Callis came into WWF as The Jackyl.

And here's Martel and Callis going at it in a cage match...

And Callis against his new podcast partner Lance Storm in like 1991

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

New episode up with Gallows, Anderson and ...Strowman. Pretty funny in a car crash way. I don't know if I'm alone here, but when room service came up with another bottle of Vodka, and Jericho starts interviewing the staff (they were in Shanghai), things got kind of uncomfortable at how they were sort of mocking their dialect. 

Other than that, it was funny. Although Gallows can get irritating. 

They stole the Blaine Sourman gimmick from right here!!!

There were times where I was literally laughing out loud on the train home when listening to this. Brown Snowman is a legend in the making.

"The app is great and all but it didn't record me pooping in the Phillipinnes"