DVDVR Message Board

CHRIS JERICHO PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

22 hours ago, nofuture said:

Her revealing that Chris googled "the easiest way to snap a neck" was pretty disturbing.

Why? People do that level of wtf every single day. Didn't that Casey Anthony chick do something similar? I swear I've heard about this type of thing multiple times.

To me, the most disturbing thing was how Nancy's sister could even remotely speak of Chris in a less than "fuck that motherfucker" tone. Dude murdered your sister. Anything nice or good he might have done....yeah you would think she wouldn't reflect on it with an almost glowing tone. That was beyond disturbing.

I didn't think it was disturbing at all. She has a lot of memories of great times with her sister, nephew and Chris. Memories are all she has left of her family. You could tell how angry she got when she spoke of the actual murders and the under reported brutality of them.

• Like 4

You could tell she was struggling with it. He was her brother-in-law for over a decade, and to hear the stories they were pretty close. She absolutely came off as someone who hadn't forgiven Benoit for what he did, but she's still a human being with complicated emotions about the murderer of her sister and nephew, who also happened to be someone she cared about at one point.

Being nine years removed from the event probably helped. She obviously had to deal with a mountain of grief that only a few people ever have to even comprehend in their lives. And she came off as someone level headed who obviously had to put in the work to get to a healthy emotional place in her life. Good for her.

Kudos to Jericho too for being sensitive and understanding in his interview. Obviously he was a good friend of Benoit's but he spent a good portion of the interview advocating for Nancy.

It was a really provocative podcast, definitely recommend a listen.

• Like 1

That's an interesting question, but I think Vince's loyalty to Jericho is more likely because of Jericho's loyalty to Vince.  Jericho has proved he doesn't need the WWE to be successful, but he still comes back all the time.  Vince has to appreciate that.

Granted I know absolutely nothing about the financials but Jericho/Podcast One poaching podcasting from MLW seems a little underhandednat face value.  I may just be disappointed because I think Konnan worked a lot better as a member of a trio and think he'll be exposed hosting solo.

MLW counters by bringing in Flair.  Its the Monday Night War all over again in the podcast world.

Konnan seems to have replaced Court and MSL with Kevin Gill and Disco so it keeps a similar dynamic and the first episode was pretty good.

Helms on Jericho was a ton of fun, just wish they had done this post Final Deletion.

I'm glad Jericho was there to keep things at least moderately on the rails while allowing funny digressions to still occur. Classic Talking Shop was funny at times but it had a tendency to devolve into an un-listenable mess as they would get drunker and drunker and start talking over each other. This was a nice middle ground between funny train wreck and actual train wreck.

• 2 weeks later...

The postscript on this show is that someone wrote in to the Ric Flair podcast so Flair could hear AJ's none too flattering impersonation of him (which was super lispy and drunk sounding -- I loved it).  Flair said he was cool with AJ and Gallows but sounded pissed about Anderson's "$40,000" remark. 

1) Fuck that nerd for stooging the good brothers

2) What is the $40,000 in reference to?  The amount Flair ripped off Highspots for or something else?

3) So Jay Lethal has the best "Flair in his prime" impersonation but Styles owns it for the past his prime, "Elvis in Vegas" version of the Nature Boy.

Nakamura came off as super likable in that interview. He sounds like a really smart guy who's got his head on straight. I wanted to hear more stories of him sharing an apartment with Daniel Bryan and Lyoto Machida.

Yeah he seems like the most relaxed pro wrestler alive, it's kind of weirdly calming just hearing him shoot the breeze

I like how distinctive his English speech is but I also kind of hope he becomes fully fluent while he's in the US so he can express his crazy thoughts even better

Interesting hearing them talk about how they thought Gedo was a big factor in personality coming to the fore a bit more in NJPW