DVDVR Message Board

CHRIS JERICHO PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I guess Daniels and Kazarian don't care for Homicide much. When they mentioned LAX they said it was "Hernandez and some guy" on a tone where they clearly knew who it was and weren't going to acknowledge him.

No, they mentioned Homicide earlier in the podcast.  The "some guy" they didn't name was Anarquia, Hernandez's partner in Mexican America (or whatever it was called).  

I caught up on a few:

- I love the fact that Curry Man's speaking voice is based on Lyger.

- The Gallows and Anderson episode has Gallows giving his side of the Cliff Compton in Nigeria story, so it sort of fills in a little bit of the parts with Gallows that Cliff didn't experience.

Incredibly awesome interview with Lenny St. Claire this week. He should be a monthly guest. Like how Austin has Ted Fowler on a lot. Except, you know, Jericho and Lenny are a metric fuck ton more hillarious. 

Newest Flair pod is excellent. Jericho went in trying to touch on some different subjects, get into Ric's mindset as the traveling champ, talked about Puerto Rico, Japan, Kansas City, St. Louis, North Korea, etc.

It's fun to listen to Flair putting over guys like Carlos Colon, Haku, Tenryu, Fujinami, Hase, etc. He was a little down on Jumbo because Jumbo kept dropping him on his head. He talked about how the guys didn't want to sell for him or want him to sell so much. The Brody/Hansen stuff was interesting because people often complain about how little those guys sold but according to Ric, that's what the promoters and the Japanese wrestlers wanted them to do. Once Brody sold for Ric, it was easier for Ric to get the Japanese wrestlers to sell for him.

"We've worked there a few times, South Korea though."  Not even close to the same thing, Jericho.

Flair seemed to be on his best behavior until the midgets then he loosened up.  "Getmelaidgetmelaidgetmelaid."  "Metoometoometoo."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was certainly interesting. A lot of insight and I think she came off remarkably level headed when talking about something so difficult. It definitely gets dark when she talks about how he changed towards the end and some of the details of the murders.