DVDVR Message Board

CHRIS JERICHO PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

Finally Chris Jericho confronts his greatest nemesis: Bob Barker. I'm looking forward to giving this a listen. I'm not nostalgic for the guest host era, but Bob Barker was arguably the greatest guest GM they had. He should probably get a celebrity induction to the HOF. Get inducted by Jericho, who takes a bump for him, and we all laugh.

On 3/22/2017 at 0:54 PM, Sammo~! said:

Finally Chris Jericho confronts his greatest nemesis: Bob Barker. I'm looking forward to giving this a listen. I'm not nostalgic for the guest host era, but Bob Barker was arguably the greatest guest GM they had. He should probably get a celebrity induction to the HOF. Get inducted by Jericho, who takes a bump for him, and we all laugh.

I started cracking up once I realized Bob Barker had been talking to Jericho for almost the entire podcast without knowing they worked together on that Raw.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

If you mean the first interview Haku has ever done, he was on Flair's podcast last year

Yes, but except unlike Flair's I can actually hear him.  It sounded pretty bad on there so I'm accepting Jericho's pod as his first one.  Can't wait to hear the rest but so far it's pretty great.

The Flair/Haku podcast just sounded like Flair drunk dialed one of his old wrestling buddies, started telling war stories and accidentally hit the record button. Which is the entire appeal of that podcast to be fair. This one is more of a proper interview.

I can appreciate that style for the Flair show, but between difficulty hearing him all the time and him not really saying as much as I hoped it was kind of disappointing.  I'm not a fan of people calling in due to those potential issues, always prefer them in the same room or at worst a reliable Skype connection.

• 3 weeks later...

There surprisingly wasn't much buzz for Roman's appearance but I thought he came off really well.  You can see why the WWE would really so the time and effort (besides a heel turn) into making him the centerpiece as he's the proverbial Guy That Would Be Good on the Today Show with crossover appeal.  Charismatic in that laid back cool guy way, not unlike, say, Kevin Nash, in wrestling personality comparisons, but without the everpresent offputting snark just underneath the surface.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 4:16 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

The latest with Batista is awesome. Big Dave is the best.

Batista was surprisingly candid about his movie career and the productions in which he's participated.  If you're into the films he's been in, he drops a lot of fun tidbits about them.  Its a shame wrestling fans ran him off for not being flippy or coming up through the "right" indies. I also always get a kick out of vaguely-but-not-really-up-on-movies Jericho.

It was somewhat disrespectful to Bryan to be cutting up like that, but it by no means warranted a suspension on it's own.  If there were previous issues with Titus acting like a fool at innapropriate times, then that would make more sense.

• Like 1

Just finished the Batista ep and I hope he does get a final run. His last one came at a very unfortunate time and I'd like to see a proper send off, if for no other reason than he seems like great guy and deserves it.

• Like 2

Really great episode with Batista so far (I'm maybe 3/4 through it).  One key takeaway: Robert DeNiro's "people" are dicks.

Also, tremendous story about Big Dave being required at a table read for Spectre even though he had only one line in the film.