DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL: WEEK EIGHT

Dolfan in NYC

So, is it the Rams or Raiders who are the "Wait, there above 500?" team to you guys.

The surprising thing is, after watching both teams regularly this year, neither one's too big a surprise.

[but the Raiders aren't above .500 yet. :)  They've got a big lead now but they still love to sleepwalk through the 4th quarter.]

The Raiders have actually had two good draft years in a row.

For now their incompetence and dysfunction seems limited to negotiation with city/county governments and figuring out which city they actually want to play in next year :)

The Rams have been long on "give you a game" toughness for years now (even when being short on offensive talent), and they've stayed level while half their division has sunk so now they're winning division games they used to lose narrowly.  They're kinda overdue for this upturn.

Cowboys lose, but not before we get another amazing glimpse into the Necronomicon the NFL uses as a rule book.

"By rule, in the last minute of the game an illegal shift magically becomes a false start and the previous play should have been blown dead before it happened.  Therefore we will have a ten second run off after we put five seconds back on the clock.  And it's still 4th down despite all of you seeing Cassel just shit 4th down away by being sacked, so Dallas is effectively rewarded for taking a dumb penalty.  Yes, we are aware this sounds like we're making shit up as we go along.  That's because we are.  You haven't heard of this rule provision before because I am literally pulling it out of my ass as I speak.  My crewmates have never heard of this shit either and that's they failed to call it initially.  Praise Cthulu and the clock will start on my whistle."

...the fuck was that 4th down?

And how did it manage to still be less nebulous than the catch/not a catch rule?

• Like 6

Cowboys lose, but not before we get another amazing glimpse into the Necronomicon the NFL uses as a rule book.

"By rule, in the last minute of the game an illegal shift magically becomes a false start and the previous play should have been blown dead before it happened.  Therefore we will have a ten second run off after we put five seconds back on the clock.  And it's still 4th down despite all of you seeing Cassel just shit 4th down away by being sacked, so Dallas is effectively rewarded for taking a dumb penalty.  Yes, we are aware this sounds like we're making shit up as we go along.  That's because we are.  You haven't heard of this rule provision before because I am literally pulling it out of my ass as I speak.  My crewmates have never heard of this shit either and that's they failed to call it initially.  Praise Cthulu and the clock will start on my whistle."

...the fuck was that 4th down?

And how did it manage to still be less nebulous than the catch/not a catch rule?

Because the catch rule is a total judgement call based on what the official *thinks*?

• Like 1

So...do they go back to Weeden next week? They've got, what, 3 or 4 games before Romo can come back and Cassel not even getting above 100 passing yards looks bad...

You said this last week and I'll answer it the same way- Weeden is horrible. Did you see how bad Cassel was? Yeah, Weeden is way worse. I'll take the guy who actually is willing to throw the football towards a wide receiver.

So...do they go back to Weeden next week? They've got, what, 3 or 4 games before Romo can come back and Cassel not even getting above 100 passing yards looks bad...

You said this last week and I'll answer it the same way- Weeden is horrible. Did you see how bad Cassel was? Yeah, Weeden is way worse. I'll take the guy who actually is willing to throw the football towards a wide receiver.

Really?  What I saw today was a QB that was a whole ton worse than Weeden ever was this season except for the New England game.

Really? What I saw today was a QB that was a whole ton worse than Weeden ever was this season except for the New England game.

Well you either didn't see our weren't paying attention to Brandon Weeden. He's got a canon and absolutely nothing more. Lots of qbs can complete passes when all you do is check it down to your RB. He's proven over an extended period of time that he can't run an offense in the NFL. At all.