DVDVR Message Board

This may be a weird insight, but I like how they often show the guys amongst "regular" people. It gives a great juxtaposition how huge even the "smaller guys" are in comparison to regular folk. I've always thought it was weird that someone like, say Billy Gunn, he isn't considered particularly large amongst other wrestlers, but if you are next to him in person he is massive.

Billy Gunn is someone even wrestlers think is huge though.  He just doesn't come off like it on TV for some reason.  I was listening to an Austin podcast with Kevin Nash, who is an incredibly large human being, and he was describing how him and Sean Waltman became friends.  Apparently Mr. Perfect pulled a rib on Waltman and then convinced him it was the Smoking Gunns who did it.  Waltman then put superglue in their cowboy hats, and hilarity ensued.  Nash was saying, I had to respect someone Waltman's size fucking with people the Smoking Gunn's size.  He even said something to the effect of, "when Billy Gunn walks up on you, you don't realize just how big he is until he's right in front of you."  He said it like, of all guys in the locker room to fuck with based purely on size, Billy Gunn is one of the last people you'd want a problem with. 

Eh Finn Balor looks like a normal athletic dude, like seriously he may even be smaller than little Guido, I am concerned when he makes it to the main roster Vince and his peers may consider him too small to be anywhere near the top of the card. But perception is reality sometimes, I've never seen him wrestle live personally.

The thing with Finn is his presence makes him taller than he is. It's Eddie Guerrero-like in a way now if only he had some of Eddie charisma. Still Vince has seen Finn already, has seen the crowd reactions he gets and all Vince sees is dollar signs. Because he can market two versions of Finn Balor at the same time. Balor Club shirts and toys and then Demon Balor shirts and toys. Finn's popular enough to sell both which means more money in Vince's pocket

Billy Gunn is someone even wrestlers think is huge though.  He just doesn't come off like it on TV for some reason....  He even said something to the effect of, "when Billy Gunn walks up on you, you don't realize just how big he is until he's right in front of you."  

Matt Morgan syndrome? Guy's a legit seven footer, and you'd swear he's the same height as Abyss (legit 6'4", worked 6'8"). He just doesn't project his height in any way. Can't work tall, somehow. Even when he was facing off with Hogan and towering over him, he didn't look big, somehow.

Why are they letting guys in promo class come up with their own gimmicks? Regal should just grab Josh and tell him that this week his name is Bertie Bassett or Matt Burns or something.

Something I just noticed.  Baron Corbin wore the exact same outfit for his Breaking Ground interview in episode 1 as he did in the promos for Takeover Brooklyn, apart from a slightly different white t-shirt.

Yeah - I thought I mentioned that during the first episode.

You can tell that a bunch of stuff was all done at the same time - like I noticed Josh's interviews were taken from the ones he was doing during Tough Enough

Nope. Looks like 'Undertaker Week' is more important. I was hoping Cole and The Gang made a mistake and I would be able to watch BG instead of a glorified-company approved discussion, but nope. WWE replaced interesting programming with less intresting. The problem with these Taker discussions, they have been done a million times. Every year, WWE in some way, releases a "Streak" video package, etc. and the fluff pieces about Taker start. This could/should have been buried in The Network.

Jordan and Gable are entertaining as fuck on this show too. 

Dana Brooke seems like a sweet person.

Mojo seems like he's not like he is for the cameras and would be totally exhausting to be around. Dana Brooke being amused by and patient with him was pretty funny (though texting and driving is NOT COOL, Dana). Also, that mom getting a kick out of Mojo and her kids yelling at one another made me laugh out loud. 

ZZ seems to have been put on this show to fail, but his Cajun accent and different look give him a novelty that makes me hope that they actually can make something out of him. 

I think its pretty clear now that a bunch of the footage from this show was taking from that new Ride Along show.

So Dana has Mojo as deep in the Friend Zone as Emma has Ryder

I thought it was interesting how they had Mojo and Ryder openly questioning their tag team, citing how difficult it is to actually get in sync with your partner when one guy is only around for TV and the tours.

Their difference in attitude is also interesting. Mojo is like "I'll be fine, I'll get another shot" and Ryder is like "oh shit, this HAS to work."