DVDVR Message Board

So Nhooph Al-Areebi is a racist? Yeah, sorry I can't cheer bigots, racists, sexists, etc. WWE needs LESS of that and NOT more. Its ironic that she hates African-Americans, but LOVES white people. You know...the same people that will make her do some sort of sterotypical gimmick and then release her when she doesn't get over at all. The irony of it all wants me to see her make it to the main roster and get a taste of the racism she loves so much.

Sorry but pro wrestling is full of carnies and there are too many wrestlers who have suffered at the hands of the mysterious Twitter hacker. I know plenty of people who have NEVER had his/her Twitter hacked. But in the world of pro wrestling, I guess everyone's password is just his or her first name? Yeah, not buying it...like I said...I await the day that the race she champions and is so proud of gives her a typical Hassan type of gimmick and the majority of the white fans don't give a shit about her and she is released.

Yeah, I remember that story from a few months ago. Had no idea who she was at the time and didn't put two and two together until you brought it up. Heinous shit, but I doubt wwe would go to bat for someone who hadn't even been close to tv at the time.

So Nhooph Al-Areebi is a racist? Yeah, sorry I can't cheer bigots, racists, sexists, etc. WWE needs LESS of that and NOT more. Its ironic that she hates African-Americans, but LOVES white people. You know...the same people that will make her do some sort of sterotypical gimmick and then release her when she doesn't get over at all. The irony of it all wants me to see her make it to the main roster and get a taste of the racism she loves so much.

Sorry but pro wrestling is full of carnies and there are too many wrestlers who have suffered at the hands of the mysterious Twitter hacker. I know plenty of people who have NEVER had his/her Twitter hacked. But in the world of pro wrestling, I guess everyone's password is just his or her first name? Yeah, not buying it...like I said...I await the day that the race she champions and is so proud of gives her a typical Hassan type of gimmick and the majority of the white fans don't give a shit about her and she is released.

I don't even know why I'm responding to this, but there are other ways to "hack" somebody's twitter than by guessing the password.  Just ask Seth Rollins.  I can't believe WWE would put themselves on the line for a complete unknown if they weren't sure in what happened.

Yeah, I remember that story from a few months ago. Had no idea who she was at the time and didn't put two and two together until you brought it up. Heinous shit, but I doubt wwe would go to bat for someone who hadn't even been close to tv at the time.

When the story hit as well, wasn't it also 100% crystal clear at the time this went further than the Havok/Hogan situation and was blatantly "some guy from Areebi's past had a vendetta against her" (even admitted- the person who leaked it also dropped N-bombs even more on his Twitter, and admitted Areebi was a friend's ex-girlfriend, which bypasses "she was hacked" and made it genuinely plausible 'not only was she hacked, the person who reported it was the one who put up those posts in the first place?)

I am more offended by the way she talks on the phone

Not every conversation should be on speaker phone nor do you hold the phone like a fucking plate.

Poor poor stupid Cal Bishop

The weird thing is, I actually got my Twitter account hacked a month or so ago and I have never tweeted a single thing in my entire life. I only registered an account so I could read other people's tweets. So I have no idea why I was even a target in the first place. I was able to get it back, because I got an e-mail notification from Twitter, but they already changed my profile name, profile picture etc. So this stuff definitely happens.

I am more offended by the way she talks on the phone

Not every conversation should be on speaker phone nor do you hold the phone like a fucking plate.

Poor poor stupid Cal Bishop

That was such an abrupt ending.  I was amused by them saying "You get a raise, and you get a raise, and YOU get a raise!"  Then they show Cal and out of the blue say "Just going to cut to the chase, we're going to let you go."  It was almost humorous how they tried to set that up.  But poor Cal, it's hard to get past the shit he went through (unless you're Orton)

Cal is just such an optimist. Even Apollo Crews knows what's up when Ceman shows up, and the dude with multiple injuries that keep him from working is just completely oblivious to the fact that there's only one reason he could be getting called into that office.

So the only people in the (likely recent) history of NXT to make the "top" of the NXT payscale were Owens and Crews? That's kinda screwed up.

I don't think they were referring to the actual pay, more the rate of rise in pay.  I'd be willing to bet that Finn makes much more than Apollo Crews, maybe even more than Kevin Owens makes on the main roster.

Plus it was just the statement that the last guy to make the same jump in pay (which I think was two steps) was KO

I joked when he debuted that Apollo was going to be up on the main roster by the end of the year.

It might end up being like January but it will be soon

I just find it funny that Apollo Cruise is getting a pay rise for hard work when Uhaa Nation is the laziest Wrestler I've ever seen live (and I've seen Drew McDonald). Also, Canyon Cemen might be the most unfortunate real name in Wrestling history. If a guy you've never met walked up to you and said "Hi, I'm Kanyon's Semen" you'd assume it was a test to see if you could keep a straight face, wouldn't you?

So the only people in the (likely recent) history of NXT to make the "top" of the NXT payscale were Owens and Crews? That's kinda screwed up.

I don't think they were referring to the actual pay, more the rate of rise in pay.  I'd be willing to bet that Finn makes much more than Apollo Crews, maybe even more than Kevin Owens makes on the main roster.

Wasn't there reports going on that Finn was signed to a "main roster" deal to compete with New Japan? If so, that makes more sense to get out of the payscale.

WWE apparently did an investigation and everything 'checked out'. Its just that racism and WWE pretty much go hand-in-hand so I don't believe the fake apologizes and back tracking by a lot of these people. So far (aside from the Twitter incident), there have been no reports of her doing/saying crazy stuff. Again, I just find it ironic that some of these people will slag other races, etc. and then work for a company that will turn him/her into a walking sterotype within a heartbeat.

WWE apparently did an investigation and everything 'checked out'. Its just that racism and WWE pretty much go hand-in-hand so I don't believe the fake apologizes and back tracking by a lot of these people. So far (aside from the Twitter incident), there have been no reports of her doing/saying crazy stuff. Again, I just find it ironic that some of these people will slag other races, etc. and then work for a company that will turn him/her into a walking sterotype within a heartbeat.

You're writing about her like she's Lisa Marie or something. Calm the fuck down, creeper.

How is Canyon Cemen even in that job? Shouldn't someone like Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko or an actual wrestler be in that position?

Someone reported (either Meltzer or PWI and it might be earlier in this thread) that the "fakest" or "most exaggerated" thing about the show is Cemen being there and that normally the wrestlers get the HR type things via Matt Bloom. (which would explain Bloom being there for at least the raise stuff).