DVDVR Message Board

I love Enzo, Big Cass and Carmella so much. It's hard for me to watch these and not think that Big Cass is going to be a star. Same with Enzo. Enzo could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves and he's a quote machine. Dude's going to make so much money off of merch coming up with one catchphrase after another.

So, I get that whoever's making this likes to end it on a twist and/or cliffhanger, but trying to make a cliffhanger when approximately 100% of your audience knows perfectly well what Hunter is going to talk to Sasha and Bayley about seems kinda tone deaf.

But when you make a show, you have to assume that your audience has no idea about the subject and no idea what happens next.  On a side note, it'd be interesting to see what percentage of Network viewers watch NXT regularly.  Does WWE release those numbers?

While I would normally agree with your point - this isn't like Total Divas which is airing on a broadcast network that anyone can watch.

The only way to watch it full is via the Network

And one would assume that if you are paying for the Network - you are at least aware of what Bayley/Sasha did (especially since they acknowledged it on their regular TV program)

It's been so long since the Iron Woman match I had completely forgotten about it when they first brought up the "HHH wants to talk to both of you" bit.

Am I the last person to find out about TyeLey?  I would have expected more talk about that.  I guess I watch too much Total Divas.

We may be in the IWC bubble, but I have to imagine the percentage of people watching the WWE Network's docu-reality series about NXT that don't actually watch NXT are approximately zero.

One. Although it's not so much that I don't watch NXT, as it's that I'm 18 months behind on watching NXT.

What did Kana do?

She hit a flying Butt Smash on Dana who took the bump a little bit sideways and messed up her shoulder or chest or something... it was the final scene cliffhanger thing so we won't know what actually happened until next week.

I think the real thing we learned this week is Scott Hall really wants a job as a trainer there. Whether that's because he thinks he has a lot of Wrestling knowledge to give to the younger guys, or just because it means he'd get to stare at athletic young women all day every day, who knows?

I think the real thing we learned this week is Scott Hall really wants a job as a trainer there. Whether that's because he thinks he has a lot of Wrestling knowledge to give to the younger guys, or just because it means he'd get to stare at athletic young women all day every day, who knows?

Why not both reasons?

• Like 1

What did Kana do?

She hit a flying Butt Smash on Dana who took the bump a little bit sideways and messed up her shoulder or chest or something... it was the final scene cliffhanger thing so we won't know what actually happened until next week.

It looked like a similar bump to Sami's final shoulder blast.  I'm guessing it's some sort of nerve thing, Dana toughed out the match but hasn't been in the ring since.

Baron Corbin is very much self aware which elevates him above Gangster Tino in so many ways.

Dana looks so much better with less makeup. And she really likes Aussies.

Who was the blonde with Coach Robbie when they visited Lovepreet's place?

I didnt see the show, but he has a (blonde) daughter in the business/training to be in the biz.

Of all the former DVDVR posters who've moved on to mainstream media careers, is Naylor the most famous now? Is evilclown that big a deal in the MMA media? Did Gancarski's politics blog ever take off? Does anyone watch Big Fresh's youtube channel*? And I know I'm forgetting someone else who used to post here as well**.

* I know the answer to that one. I just thought it would be funny to pretend I didn't.

** Punk and Hero don't count. They were famous (or at least known) before they posted here.

Is Bill Barnwell famous in America? Did not know that.

So what did we learn this week?

• Tino Gangster has lapped Baron Corbin for asshole of the show

It's as if his real life is a Ric Flair promo, only worse because he's got the physique. If he just channelled a little bit of Nature Boy into how he carries himself, and actually learned to Wrestle*, he's got it made. He could do a better nuevo Ric Flair than any of the actual Flair heirs, because it's actually what he's like. Except Flair had the charisma to make himself likeable, whereas Tino's charismatic in a hateable way.

Tino and Corbin as a tag team might work, but it might be a bit 'Kevin Sullivan in the Varsity Club' as well.

* That Dropkick bump was arguably Crews' fault though. Too close to the ropes, Tino didn't have room to back bump properly. Although the spin-out bump was pretty stupid (would have worked as a goofy Lariat bump, mind. Not that Tino necessarily should be taking goofy bumps for Lariats at his size and build. On the other hand, Rikishi used to, so maybe everyone should be taking goofy Lariat bumps).

What did Tino do besides being a bad wrestler, that people are saying he's a dick? I don't recall anything.

Didn't Tye Dillinger tell Tino that people will hate him just based on how he looks and walks. Tye even said he wanted to punch Tino in the face because he look so naturally smug.

Yeah, but what did he actually do for people to say he's a dick? Get a suit? Drive a nice car?