DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

A wrestling program always needs some villains- but if the fans will just cheer any heel who's entertaining and not play along for them, eventually you have to build the heels around the only ones who'll be guaranteed to get heel heat- the wrestlers who are inept at their jobs, the wrestlers who no one wants to see on the show anymore, and basically anyone getting "go-away heat" instead of "heel heat". 

Just book strong babyfaces. I know people roll their eyes at NXT, but that crowd generally loves heels like Sasha Banks, Kevin Owens, or Tyler Breeze right up until they face off with a well-developed, strong babyface like Bayley, Sami Zayn, or Finn Bálor. 

What strong, universal babyface has this company had in the past few years? Cena isn't that guy. Bryan is the only one who I can think of. Maybe Punk, too. Otherwise, they have a bunch of faces that people are bitterly split on at best and lukewarm for at worst.

The company just sucks at booking and building up babyfaces, and that's compounded by a significant enough portion of the crowd who will push back against the booking of faces who they did not organically get behind. Maybe if the company just pushed the guys that were organically chosen by the crowd as their champion in a way that didn't overdo it, they'd have strong faces that would get the right reaction for the heels. 

Just look at how the crowd gets behind New Day...until they start feuding with the Dudleys. 

Wasn't sure where to put this info, so I guess it'll go here.

Looks like the Orton/Ambros vs Wyatt/Strongbad tag match is on the kickoff show rather than HitC proper. Wonder why that is?

http://www.wwe.com/shows/hellinacell/2015/randy-orton-dean-ambrose-luke-harper-braun-strowman-kickoff-28027639

1.  Orton probably wants to get in, do his match, and get out.  The earlier, the better.

2.  It gives the other participants time to rest if they decide to run interference during Reigns/Wyatt, which I'm guessing is the middle match on the main event card.

Honestly it's also the only match they could put on the pre-show.

It's the only match that isn't a title match (which they don't put on pre-show) or HITC

They will be tight on time to begin with (since the 2 HITC matches alone will take around a hour) so moving that to the preshow (instead of booking an extra match) gives them more time to work with.

They put title matches on the pre-show all the time. I think every title, with the exception of the World Title, has been on the pre-show as some point. There have even been title changes that have happened on the pre-show

Since they started airing PPVs on the Network - the only title matches to air on the pre-show was the tag titles at each Wrestlemania.

And Mania is a different animal.

So in the current format (which is all that matters for this discussion) - they don't put title matches on pre-show

Just think if you're a casual viewer, three of the top babyfaces (Cena, Orton and Ambrose) have nothing important going on and the two guys in the main event of Hell In A Cell are barely ever on TV.

Hell in a Cell is the new WrestleMania.  But I can't really blame them with Cena.  I'd love to see someone put Cena on the shelf for these two months so he has something to come back to but they don't do that kind of shit anymore.

Just think if you're a casual viewer, three of the top babyfaces (Cena, Orton and Ambrose) have nothing important going on and the two guys in the main event of Hell In A Cell are barely ever on TV.

Hell in a Cell is the new WrestleMania.  But I can't really blame them with Cena.  I'd love to see someone put Cena on the shelf for these two months so he has something to come back to but they don't do that kind of shit anymore.

They did it with Orton/Rollins and Kane/Lesnar/Rollins.

I could see them not doing it with Cena and having him quietly disappear so your casual fan is left wondering every week if he'll be back.

Yeah, I'm guessing they do the US Open Challenge at the show, and whoever answers is the one who beats him for the title. Question for that, then, is who would answer the challenge? I don't see that guy being Tyler Breeze. Is Sami Zayn healthy yet? Some other big debut? Or perhaps Sheamus, as he has nothing on the show, either.

Man, think about this show.

Rollins v Kane for the WWE Title

UT v Brock in the cell

Reigns v Wyatt in the cell

Owens v Ryback for the IC

New Day v Dudleys for the Tags

Nikki v Charlotte for the Divas

That's a lot of younger guys on one show, minus the big main HitC plus the Dudleys and Kane. No Orton, Big Show, Sheamus, or Cena (currently). Maybe they're doing this as an experiment and to see how a show does with more "new blood" and less "established stars"?

RUMORZ~! of Alberto Del Rio coming back have been going around, how about they do the Open Challenge, the music hits, the car rolls out, and we pretend like they never killed his character and he beats Cena in the center of the ring for the title. Boom. Done and done.

So I don't think I've seen this mentioned here yet, and serious NSFL warning here.....but this makes me cringe in ways I'm not used to as a fan of wrestling.

I didn't make it through 30 seconds of that. WHAT THE FUCK??? SCISSORS THROUGH A DUDE'S TONGUE???? That isn't wresting, that's straight up barbaric moronic shit. Seriously. Who watches that crap? Jesus Murphy. WHAT. THE. FUCK??????

So I don't think I've seen this mentioned here yet, and serious NSFL warning here.....but this makes me cringe in ways I'm not used to as a fan of wrestling.

I didn't make it through 30 seconds of that. WHAT THE FUCK??? SCISSORS THROUGH A DUDE'S TONGUE???? That isn't wresting, that's straight up barbaric moronic shit. Seriously. Who watches that crap? Jesus Murphy. WHAT. THE. FUCK??????

About 30 seconds later someone gets a broken light tube shoved up their ass.  Haha.  These guys don;t even get their names on a graphic as they speak.  what a waste of time.  

I couldn't make it through more than 30 seconds either... it's like something out of Saw or Hostel. Is this what IWA-MS and CZW have turned into?