DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

The way the Kree were handled was sad as hell. Only two of them and they only show up with axes? I know it's not the comic Kree, but those dudes don't show with less than a full platoon with weapons that'd vaporize your ass with the quickness.

I hate Mac so much. Which sucks because I think Henry Simmons could've done better if the character wasn't written like complete dogshit starting with that awful SHIELD/real SHIELD nonsense. And if I'm being completely honest, I'm still kinda mad they killed Trip back in Season 2 when he was a far better character and much easier to root for.

I pretty much gave up on getting actual super-villains when the Inhumans became the main/only narrative of the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Why? As much as people rag on Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter wasn't the best thing ever either. Was Atwell amazing in that role? Yes. Was she the only good thing about both seasons? Yes. Is it enough to make me care about that show and want to watch every week? Absolutely not.

• Like 1

"Only good thing"?  Sure, if the show also didn't have Jarvis, Howard Stark, Dottie Underwood, the Howling freakin' Commandos... I even argue that Whitney Frost was an interesting character, just used poorly.  Also, the show's gorgeous retro-art-deco feel would count as another good thing.  

• Like 2

I'm sad to see Agent Carter go though not surprised. I'm ok with Marvel's most Wanted not happening. I was never strongly interested. I just kind of feel sorry for the actors since they had them exit the AOS  assuming it would get picked up

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jingus said:

"Only good thing"?  Sure, if the show also didn't have Jarvis, Howard Stark, Dottie Underwood, the Howling freakin' Commandos... I even argue that Whitney Frost was an interesting character, just used poorly.  Also, the show's gorgeous retro-art-deco feel would count as another good thing.  

Totally. I freaking loved Agent Carter. And I don't get people saying they're glad it's gone. Why? It's not as if it was taking the spot of something you want on the air.Were people being forced to watch it against their will? If you didn't like it I'd hope you just didn't watch it. Leave it for us who did like it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mike Zeidler said:

WHAT ABOUT THE DAMAGE CONTROL SERIES

Given a DCU equivalent with Alan Tudyk and Danny Pudi just got a season order I don't know that a second show with the same concept will fly. Which...obviously Marvel had the concept first, but DC executed first for TV.

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm ok with Marvel's most Wanted not happening. I was never strongly interested. I just kind of feel sorry for the actors since they had them exit the AOS  assuming it would get picked up

I agree, but they can always bring them back to AoS.

18 hours ago, Jingus said:

This. I expected Agent Carter's cancellation as the second season wasn't as good as the first and the poor ratings. I'll miss this show especially the Agent Carter/Edwin Jarvis interactions.

Not bothered about Marvel's Most Wanted as it felt similar to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and I'm not keen on Lance Hunter/Bobbi Morse particularly Lance.

6 hours ago, dogwelder said:

The death in tonight's season finale was a cop out. 

It was, but at the same time they were the most killable member of the team, at least for me. I'm more interested in the set up for next season.

I had a feeling it was going to be one of two characters, and as much as they tried to bring the heavy I just couldn't get into it.  I liked the guy, but can't necessarily say I'm sad it was him.  Fun episode though.

I'm a bit confused at the end though:

Spoiler

When 6 months elapse why is Daisy on the fun from Coulson and Mack?  I get why they relocated the guy's family, but not sure why she'd be a runaway.  And I got the impression that Shield is done for now and they're doing different things now, unless I'm missing something.

Spoiler

One poster in the A.V. Club (jokingly?) discussion thread pointed out that Lincoln died after the episode titled Emancipation and after Civil War.  I wonder how much of that was coincidence versus being planned out.

• Like 1

Some website I've never heard of, with terrible grammar/editing, is reporting Netflix is developing Ghost Rider, Moon Knight and Blade series. Grains of salt and all.

The fan petition to bring Agent Carter to Netflix is over 70,000 (likely worthless) signatures.

I don't really know the character Ghost Rider very well, but between my personal lack of interest, the bad taste of the Nic Cage movies, and the special effects, I'd think they'd be wise to stay away from GR on Netflix.

Moon Knight and Blade sound cool, though.

GR was eleven or twelve year old me's favorite Marvell comic. Danny Ketch motherfuckers!

But that was long time ago. I've read a few okay Ghost Rider books since then, but nothing I loved.