DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS IRRATIONALLY AWESOME

piranesi

The problem with Cesaro/Lesnar at MSG is the match is gonna be short and Lesnar is gonna go over. Cesaro/Lesnar would be a fine TLC or Fastlane main event

If Brock faced Cesaro in October, Brock SHOULD go over quickly.  Brock has been built as a monster that only the absolute elite (Cena, HHH, Undertaker) even has a prayer against, let alone beat.

Cesaro needs a lot more rebuilding at this point to be seen as a threat to Lesnar, or hell, at this point, to anyone.

• Like 1

Count me as another who thought Xavier was playing "Down 4 My N's" but then I realized "Oh shit, Rusev.. of course!"

New Day, Team Bad and Rusev/Summer. Do it WWE. They are by far the most entertaining people on the roster.

Big E and Rusev as the world's most swoll DRS.

• Like 1

I feel like I'm the only one unimpressed by Paige's so-called pipebomb. It doesn't help that I've become unimpressed with Paige herself, but the promo wasn't clicking for me.

I really liked it when she was talking about Charlotte but the Bellas stuff is tired and hacky at this point so when you say it and pretend you're being so outrageous, it comes off kinda lame.

When Rusev first started out on his undefeated run, and was mashing up JTTS's in order to get over enough to feud with Jack Swagger, the two guys he beat up most were Xavier Woods and Big E. And R-Truth as well.

Times change, man. Unless you're R-Truth. Then times don't change.

I feel like I'm the only one unimpressed by Paige's so-called pipebomb. It doesn't help that I've become unimpressed with Paige herself, but the promo wasn't clicking for me.

I thought Paige's delivery was terrific, but felt like the whole thing came off looking like a really desperate attempt at recreating Punk's pipebomb. Which sort of misses the point of why Punk's promo worked--it felt organic, not forced.

When Rusev first started out on his undefeated run, and was mashing up JTTS's in order to get over enough to feud with Jack Swagger, the two guys he beat up most were Xavier Woods and Big E. And R-Truth as well.

Times change, man. Unless you're R-Truth. Then times don't change.

Then he feuded with Mark Henry and the joke was that Rusev was Big Fresh.

• Like 3

I thought Paige's delivery was terrific, but felt like the whole thing came off looking like a really desperate attempt at recreating Punk's pipebomb. Which sort of misses the point of why Punk's promo worked--it felt organic, not forced.

That's vintage WWE, take something organic and drive it into the ground until the appeal is gone.

• Like 1

Xavier Woods

@XavierWoodsPhD

.@RusevBUL actually had us over for dinner to apologize for the way he used to treat us. Now we are friends. #6ManTag

11:51 PM - 21 Sep 2015

I really liked it when she was talking about Charlotte but the Bellas stuff is tired and hacky at this point so when you say it and pretend you're being so outrageous, it comes off kinda lame.

Yeah--the Charlotte stuff worked because it was new and Paige had a point.  Charlotte wears WOOOO on her gear now, so it was fair game to accuse her of riding her daddy's coattails.  The Bellas stuff is played out and boring.  The Becky line was just mean. Borderline slut-shaming Summer and Lana may not have been the intent, but that's what went over with those comments.  We all know their story sucks, no need to kick dirt in their faces while they're down.  And she all but said "The Black team is too sassy,smart, and cool for me to keep up with, so they must be doing something wrong!" 

Ultimately, Paige has little reason to complain.  She has been afforded a lot of opportunities during her time with NXT/WWE, so to have her whine about how bad things are seem hollow in comparsion to how well she's done in the past 3-4 years. 

I don't care for worked shoots in general, but at least Punk took some institutional issues to task while going off.  Paige sounded like a child who didn't get to play with a certain toy and decided to throw a fit.

Xavier Woods

@XavierWoodsPhD

.@RusevBUL actually had us over for dinner to apologize for the way he used to treat us. Now we are friends. #6ManTag

11:51 PM - 21 Sep 2015

Can you even imagine that dinner?  I assume it was like accounts of dinner at Tor Johnson's:

Screen_Shot_2015_09_22_at_10_28_06_PM.pn

And it goes on like this...

• Like 7

Paige sounded like a child who didn't get to play with a certain toy and decided to throw a fit.

Well,good. Because that's what you were supposed to think. It was a heel promo.

Hey, that's Gregg's sthick. That's gimmick infringement brother!

Actually, no, he told you that you were thinking what WWE told you to think.

Personally, I think he was being snide.  The 'well, good' quip is a giveaway.

I'm aware that it was meant as a heel promo.  I think some of it was well executed to that end.

But to me, it mostly felt like Paige was trying to walk a line between asshole heel and semi-shoot.  Hence, my labeling it as a worked shoot, because it seems like there was that element--that Paige was trying to expose certain truths (or what some will perceive as truths) weaved in with traditional heel stuff.

I don't think she fully nailed it, because I don't think she has the finesse to maintain that balance. She came off more as an entitled priss than as someone who was simply tired of the BS.

One major problem with this is that these trios haven't been together long enough for Paige's promo to have full impact.  She's this pissed off and she's only worked with Charlotte/Becky for roughly ten weeks.  After all the pinky swears and cutesy-friend stuff, it falls a bit flat.  Not to mention that she had been crying about the numbers being stacked against her before the recent NXT 3 came to the main roster. She gets help (granted, she didn't pick Charlotte/Becky, but she could have been done worse by regarding partners)  and now she's telling them to kiss off.

I don't have a problem with Paige turning heel.  I don't really have a problem with the timing of her heel turn.  But if they were going to use this type of promo to set that in motion, it needed to be near perfect.  It wasn't.

That's my opinion and certainly, no has to agree.  But I'm pretty sure I can form an opinion based on my own intrepretations. I'd like to think I have that freedom.