DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-7-15

MGFanJay

This is the first time I attempted to watch a 3-hour RAW live. I wanted to see if the show really was a slog without the benefit of fast forwarding. While I did get through it and somewhat enjoyed the show, I admit I had to put it on mute about halfway through and listen to podcasts instead. (Paul F. Tompkins is real funny, y'all!)

So I'm guessing Charlotte/Nikki comes down to a double pin or some convoluted finish with one second left on the HonkaMeter BellaTron. Does anyone think they'll even come close to pulling that off?

Doesn't the Bellatron end the countdown at midnight EST next Monday night (ie, an hour after the show goes off the air)?

Edit: Just noticed Bubba Ray's tats.  Those are recent, aren't they?

I just caught the backstage segment with Rollins/New Day/E+C/Dudleys. I'm pretty good on that being the only thing on Raw I'm going to see from this week.

You should watch the main event as well.  New Day being super entertaining, John Cena taking a lengthy beatdown, Darren Young doing work outside the ring, Titus hot tag.  It was the most entertained I've been by a Raw match since the Cena Invitational deal ended.

I just caught the backstage segment with Rollins/New Day/E+C/Dudleys. I'm pretty good on that being the only thing on Raw I'm going to see from this week.

You're doing yourself a grave disservice if you skip the main event just for Xavier's Fleischer Studios cartoon effects as Kofi/E gave Cena what-for. The whole building lost their ever-loving shit for that.

• Like 1

So I'm guessing Charlotte/Nikki comes down to a double pin or some convoluted finish with one second left on the HonkaMeter BellaTron. Does anyone think they'll even come close to pulling that off?

Doesn't the Bellatron end the countdown at midnight EST next Monday night (ie, an hour after the show goes off the air)?

Edit: Just noticed Bubba Ray's tats.  Those are recent, aren't they?

I was going to write that Bubba Ray has always had tits, but then i realized you wrote tats.  Anyway, no way in hell Charlotte pulls off that finish.  Charlotte is to finishes as Brock Lesnar is to shooting star presses at Wrestlemania.  

Charlotte is the worst of the NXT Horsewomen. I still think Becky or Sasha will be the one to take the belt off of Nikki and I'm leaning more towards Becky if only because she's the only remaining babyface.

My guess is the finish is Charlotte locks in the Figure-8 with a minute or so left on the clock and Alicia distracts the ref, Brie comes in and hits Charlotte with the belt and covers her. The ref makes the two count, Brie argues, ref realizes she's the wrong Bella, Charlotte hits Natural Selection on Brie, Nikki hits the forearm shot and Rack Attack for the victory.

Didn't have Labor Day plans so got a floor seat to the show.  Maybe I never noticed before, but the show flew by.  The only time it didn't was Seth's promo and Orton/Sheamus (hmm...wonder why...)  Was really hoping to see Owens, kind of insane he wasn't booked at all aside from the backstage bit.  And it seemed like some of the main people weren't out long at all.  Roman/Dean's match and Dudleys were out there for an absurdly short time and it didn't lead to much of anything.

Despite that I had a lot of fun.  I was fortunate to be around people who loved Sasha and had no problem rooting for her.  Didn't see the fan jump the rail, but it's alarming how easy it is for fans lately to do stuff like that.  New Day was insanely over, can't stress enough how much they loved the stomp sequence.  I took a video of the part where Big E threw Kofi at the end of that, need to put it up here somehow.  And I felt like the only one who freaked out over the FF song, but man was that top notch.  If he's able to really put himself out there in the gaming community I think the occasional video game reference will do some good for him.  If they want to attract all kinds of viewers like they did for Stardust/Amell this could be a worthwhile effort.

After the show people gathered to see the wrestlers leave from the garage and hope for a photo.  I live close by so stuck around for a bit.  Everybody pretty much had to get out of there so it was mainly people calling them out with little more than a wave.  Kind of weird, but that's how it goes.  Have to say that between seeing her during and after the show, hot damn is Becky smokin' hot in person.  The only person who took pictures was Lillian.  She had time to kill so she did a Periscope video and took selfies with whoever wanted one.  She was an absolute sweetheart during all of that so that was cool.

• Like 1

I just think Nikki retaining the title is a bit too obvious at this point. She's the heel in the scenario and this spot is tailor-made for her to receive her comeuppance. Maybe Charlotte gets beat down by the Bellas in the locker room and, say, Becky gets the title shot in lieu. Or maybe they do a "blind draw" for the recipient.

My shot in the dark: Alicia Fox swerves them and wins the title.

Also, if you're going to Fantasy Book...

Charlotte/Nikki starts with like 15 minutes left on the clock.  Nikki tries to stall, other Divas get involved, maybe a random Trish/Lita appearance, and then Nikki wins it with a rollup with a few minutes.  The Bellas get ready for their party, since no woman on the roster can stop Nikki...  she's the most powerful wo....

PaBWM0Y.gif

Nikki won the title at 8:51:03 CST, if anyone wants to nitpick the Bella-tron angle next week.

Goes back to my idea that Nikki deliberately has the wrong time on the countdown just in case she loses.  Man, I can just imagine her burying the belt by saying it doesn't matter she's not the champ anymore because she got the record.

Charlotte/Nikki starts with like 15 minutes left on the clock.  Nikki tries to stall, other Divas get involved, maybe a random Trish/Lita appearance, and then Nikki wins it with a rollup with a few minutes.  The Bellas get ready for their party, since no woman on the roster can stop Nikki...  she's the most powerful wo....

PaBWM0Y.gif

That spoiler has a lot of....bounce

• Like 1

Nikki won the title at 8:51:03 CST, if anyone wants to nitpick the Bella-tron angle next week.

What times did AJ win/lose the title?

She won in Chicago on 6/23/13 (7:34:59) and lost in New Orleans on 4/7/14, but the exact time is tough to determine. The ppv times are easy to get within 30 or seconds or so if you assume they all start 8e/7c on the nose, but with AJ losing her title on Raw, you have to factor in commercial time which means you can't just look at the timestamp on the network relative to the assumed start time. It was definitely in the start of the third hour range, though, so roughly 9:00 central give or take 10 minutes. Still, given that AJ won her title early on the card at Payback as opposed to Nikki who won in the second to last match at Survivor Series, she has at least a full hour (realistically 1:20-1:40) for margin of error. If Nikki loses the title at any point on Raw, I'm pretty sure AJ would have her covered by a few minutes at least, barring a drastic overrun with them as the last segment.

Don't judge me, someone had to figure this out.

• Like 1

PaBWM0Y.gif

It's strangely hypnotic.

The New Day is otherworldly great.  God damn.   But as great as that was, is as bad as the Rollins-Edge interaction was.   

Why is the WWE champion, who is being threatened by a retiree who has vertebrae that are brittle as stale croissants, worried about it?  Ugh.  Details man. 

As Rollins explained it: He has a lot on his plate right now.

I actually really like the build for the Divas Revolution. The matches have really meant something.

Team PCB got rewarded for winning the three-way match. They then get to do the Beat-The-Clock to determine who gets a shot against Nikki. (The Bellas, along the way, also tried a divide-and-conquer thing that didn't work.) Charlotte wins and gets a shot at the title.

Nikki also has a motivation beyond just wanting to defend the title. She has a chance at beating AJ's record and cementing herself in the history books.

Two characters with a motivation feuding over a title. Perfect.

And now Sasha has an issue with Paige because of their draw in the Beat-The-Clock match. Sasha's stable mates cost Paige the match. So now Paige and Sasha have an issue based on who is better, and The Boss is not above cheating to prove this point.

Just two good, simple wrestling stories based around "Who is better" with clear motivations from everyone involved.

The execution hasn't been perfect, but the layout of the stories are really simple and straight out of the NXT playbook.

• Like 1

What times did AJ win/lose the title?

She won in Chicago on 6/23/13 (7:34:59) and lost in New Orleans on 4/7/14, but the exact time is tough to determine. The ppv times are easy to get within 30 or seconds or so if you assume they all start 8e/7c on the nose, but with AJ losing her title on Raw, you have to factor in commercial time which means you can't just look at the timestamp on the network relative to the assumed start time. It was definitely in the start of the third hour range, though, so roughly 9:00 central give or take 10 minutes. Still, given that AJ won her title early on the card at Payback as opposed to Nikki who won in the second to last match at Survivor Series, she has at least a full hour (realistically 1:20-1:40) for margin of error. If Nikki loses the title at any point on Raw, I'm pretty sure AJ would have her covered by a few minutes at least, barring a drastic overrun with them as the last segment.

Don't judge me, someone had to figure this out.

Where was GLF to time this?

PaBWM0Y.gif

It's strangely hypnotic.

I'll say. Adam Rose and the bunny can't take their eyes of her.