DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

Is Amy Adams the #1 contender for women you always forget are really good looking?  I swear every time I see her in a movie and think, Wow, Amy Adams is looking pretty good.  Then a year or so goes by and I see her in a movie and I think, Wow, I forgot Amy Adams looks this good.  I can't think of anyone else who always surprises me by how good they look.

I blame that on Talladega Nights being the first movie I saw her in, and they did their best to make her look as frumpy as possible.

I'm trying to think of a movie I've seen with Amy Adams where I have NOT thought "Man, Amy Adams is hot" and I'm not coming up with anything.

She's safely ensconced in the much-coveted "Tabe's Top 10 List".

Julie & Julia?  I'm probably mis-remembering because I was completely put off by her annoying character and wanting more Julia Childs stuff in the movie.

This is my exact point, she always looks good even when you don't realize it.  She looked great in Talladega Nights, but somehow RUkered remembers her as frumpy.  Tabe can't think of any movie where she wasn't hot, even though she was not at her best in The Fighter, she was still looked pretty good, especially in the bar scene.  I'm going to say she looked her best, in a darkhorse pick, as Amelia Earhart in that terrible Night of the Museum movie. 

I thought she looked great in Julie & Julia . And if you thought she ewe annoying in that movie, you should check out the real Julie sometime. She's pretty much unlikeable.

My wife loves that movie and has it saved on our DVR. I kid you not, I've come home at least 50 times to that movie on our TV.

Is Amy Adams the #1 contender for women you always forget are really good looking?  I swear every time I see her in a movie and think, Wow, Amy Adams is looking pretty good.  Then a year or so goes by and I see her in a movie and I think, Wow, I forgot Amy Adams looks this good.  I can't think of anyone else who always surprises me by how good they look.

I blame that on Talladega Nights being the first movie I saw her in, and they did their best to make her look as frumpy as possible.

I'm trying to think of a movie I've seen with Amy Adams where I have NOT thought "Man, Amy Adams is hot" and I'm not coming up with anything.

Julie & Julia?  I'm probably mis-remembering because I was completely put off by her annoying character and wanting more Julia Childs stuff in the movie.

even though she was not at her best in The Fighter

Ah! You is on drugs. Tough bartender chick with Boston accent? Yes please.

• Like 2

even though she was not at her best in The Fighter

Ah! You is on drugs. Tough bartender chick with Boston accent? Yes please.

So basically everyone agrees...is there another contender?

Time to give it your 4252 trillion dollars. Suckers... 

This is the one that they say will not advance the current Paranormal Activity story but is a sidebar, correct?Pass for me.I so want the PA movies to just fucking end. I would like some closure or resolution first but I have steadily declined my enjoyment for each film. Four was the worst. Just dumb.

Gugu Mbatha-Raw: Hottest woman with the most ridiculous name?

Also, they managed to give away the whole movie in one trailer.

The next most ridiculous I can think of is Olga Kurylenko, but that is only because in the words of Kanye West, that is the most beautiful woman named Olga on earth.

• Like 1

I so want the PA movies to just fucking end. I would like some closure or resolution first but I have steadily declined my enjoyment for each film. Four was the worst. Just dumb.

As someone who inexplicably kept watching Saw movies on opening weekend, I feel your pain.

• Like 1

I heard Hunnam was only getting $125,000 for the role.  I find that hard to believe, but who knows.

Dakota Johnson may drop out, too.  No one wants to risk their career for the new millenial Showgirls.

Yeah, I read he was getting $125,000 as well.

Edit- Apparently, he is going to England because of some family problems. Then, he going to film Crimson Peak with Guillermo del Toro.