DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

From Deadspin quoting a Washington Post article about Matt Williams:

“The first time he does something odd, you’re like, ‘All right, I see, I get it, I’m with you,’” one Nationals veteran said. “The next time you’re like, ‘Ooookay. All right. I’m trying to get it. Yeah.’ And then when it keeps happening, guys are watching him like, ‘Well, here comes this guy again.’”

According to individuals with direct knowledge of the situation, Werth hadn’t received such a message from Williams. This wasn’t the first time, and Werth wasn’t the first veteran to experience what players considered an oversight once, an egregious error beyond that.

What might have been a minor blip in a successful season became a boiling point. Incensed, Werth ripped the lineup card off the wall, bellowing that it was going to change. Then, according to several people who were present, he confronted Williams — not just about whether he would play that day, but about what most of the clubhouse considered to be a chronic lack of communication with his players. Among the most jarring barbs, from Werth to Williams: “When exactly do you think you lost this team?”

“He’s like the guy in his house who hears a sound, like someone breaking in,” one player said. “And his reaction isn’t to take care of the problem or investigate. It’s to put his head under the pillow and hope it goes away.”

The deadspin article: http://deadspin.com/the-washington-nationals-certainly-seem-to-hate-matt-wi-1733859901

The Washington post article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/trade-for-jonathan-papelbon-had-disastrous-results-for-the-nationals/2015/09/30/0aef1564-66ee-11e5-8325-a42b5a459b1e_story.html

• Like 1

Watching the Blue Jays b-team feels an awful lot like watching Mike Rotundo and Big Bubber with Virgil as their manager come out to nWo b-team theme and get thoroughly beaten by WCW midcarders. Looks like we're in for a lengthy rain delay.

Now taking the field, your 2015 AL East Champion Toronto Blue Jays!

[in retrospect I actually remember this tune more fondly than the main one]

The nWo jobber theme is better than the main theme, so it should be remembered fondly.

...and they had to make it stressful, but the Yankees finally clinch their Wild Card berth.

Whatevs, we put our rookies in dresses:

CQQlbkNUAAA5Xsb.jpg

Kris Bryant, still beautiful. Kyle Schwarber, holy shit does he look like a fucking gremlin.

For those unaware, from left to right: Kris Bryant, Carl Edwards Jr., Javy Baez, Jorge Soler, Matt Szczur, Addison Russell and Kyle Schwarber.

• Like 1

Both the Yanks/Os and Nats/Mets have been rained out - they will attempt to play DHs tomorrow

I have no idea how these East Coast games are going to be played this weekend

So this is going viral. I have my own opinions on our selfie/phone obsessed culture but the announcers are already getting blasted for making fun of them. Which I think is a bit much because baseball announcers make lighthearted jokes about fans all the time. Maybe they dragged it on for too long, I don't know what the big deal is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPYJDMwKmbg