DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - AUGUST

DEAN

re: playoff tickets. Whatever tickets don't get used get rolled over to a credit on your STH plan the next year. My dad had Phillies credits roll over in 2010-2013 (yes, they sold tickets in 2013, and yes, pops paid for them since they were getting the STH money anyway).

It's also not uncommon to use playoff tix as an early bird chance for STH the next year. Figure there's gonna be a spike anyway since the team is having a good year, why not let the people willing to throw down a shitload of money on playoff tix get first dibs on those that sign up during the offseason?

That's true but we Mets fans are pretty leery of any tempting of fate considering the last two times we were in this position ended up as Hindenburg level disasters.

Will this be the 62 Mets or the 69 Mets the final month? Perhaps somewhere in between.

62 Mets probably had a better last month than both the 07 and 08 Mets. Remember going down to DC with my dad both those years only to see the Nats crush us. That's why it would mean so much to me to beat them for the division.

You and Jon Stewart huddled together in the hellscape that is left of NY after the Mets win it all again. This has nothing to do with rioting or the apocalypse, you're just in Queens(or some area of NYC that sucks, I don't know, I hear Brooklyn sucks now.).

Royals/Rays had two "batter doesn't run to first on a live ball" plays in the same inning. Kendrys Morales didn't move from first on a grounder to first because he thought it was a foul ball (instead Loney threw home, got Zobrist, Kendrys still didn't move, and got tagged out). Asdrubal Cabrera thought he called time but swung at a pitch that got hit to 2nd and he got forced out.

He's such a stud pitcher. I said it elsewhere, but every time it's his turn to pitch, I feel like he's going to throw a no-hitter. His stuff is just so good. I'm so happy to finally see him throw one, after flirting with it many times over the last couple years.

He'll be scheduled for Tommy John's within two weeks as the Cubs win 4 games the rest of the season. This is my revenge for the Brewers collapse last year.

"I really don't want my team to finish last 3 out of 4 year, that's disgusting, even though we did win the World Series the other year"

That 2013 season was magical. 

But fuck if 2012, 2014 and 2015 didn't suck. 

Dead Last 3 out of 4 years but with 1 World Series win sandwiched between them?

Sounds like more than a fair trade to me.  There's a lot of fan bases that would happily trade places if you offered that package deal.

Motherfucker. Twice in 9 days. What a bummer. Fuck it, it's not like they are worth two in the loss column. 

Way to be young man, what a gem. 

Jam it up SFG's ass starting tomorrow and two no hitters in nine days won't mean shit.

He'll be scheduled for Tommy John's within two weeks as the Cubs win 4 games the rest of the season. This is my revenge for the Brewers collapse last year.

I'm thinking more giving up 7 in 3 and 1/2, and choking away the idiotic wildcard game. . . .

Because it doesn't matter. I mean, while I love Jake throwing a no-no, it's still just a win with a cool memory attached, just like being no-hit is a loss with a shittier, easier to forget memory attached.

The Indians shutout the Yankees and scored 22 runs in the process in a 2003 or 2004 game between the two teams. Shit happens.

Oddly enough, the Yankees putting up 20 against the Braves was also a reminder of that.