DVDVR Message Board

Global Force "Amped" TV Tapings Spoilers

Global Force Wrestling "Amped" TV Tapings July 24, 2015 from Las Vegas, NV

*PJ Black def. Seiya Sanada with a springboard 450 in a NEX*GEN Title Tournament Match

*Bobby Roode came out and cut a promo, saying he would win the GFW Championship and take it to TNA. Magnus interrupted and said he's joined the Force. Kongo Kong attacked Magnus and Roode put him in the Crossface.

*Phoenix Star, Zokre, & Misterioso Jr. def. Bestia 666, Blood Eagle, & Steve Pain

*The Bollywood Boys def. The Akbars in a Tag Team Title Tournament Match

*Kushida def. Virgil Flynn via submission

*Karen Jarrett cut a promo until she was interrupted by Lei'D Tapa leading to the next match..

*Christina Von Eerie def. Lei'D Tapa & Mickie James in a Women's Title Tournament Match

*Jigsaw def. Sonjay Dutt in a NEX*GEN Title Tournament Match

*Chael Sonnen came to the ring and cut a heel promo and gave Virgil Flynn a spot in the NEX*GEN Title Tournament. PJ Black came out and superkicked Virgil.

*Chris Mordetzky def. Brian Myers in a Global Force Championship Tournament Match

*Reno Scum def. Los Luchas

*Bobby Roode def. Kevin Kross in a Global Force Championship Tournament Match

*Jeff Jarrett came to the ring to thank the fans for coming out to support Global Force. Jarrett put over the talents until Bobby Roode interrupted. Roode ran down Jarrett on the mic and said nobody cared about him or Global Force guys like Shelton Benjamin, the Killer Elite Squad, or the Bullet Club.

*Magnus def. Kongo Kong in a Global Force Championship Tournament Match after Kong missed a moonsault.

• Like 1

Not familiar with Virgil Flynn, is he any good?

ETA: Is it too much to hope he's a cross between WWE Superstar Virgil and Jerry Flynn?

Virgil doing karate kicks would be amazing.

Looks like it's a pretty good show. Hopefully they have some sort of tv lined up and these don't sit too long in the proverbial can.

Phoenix Star & Zokre are still active?

That jumped out at me as well.

They still work a full schedule, but hardly ever work outside California. Basically, they work smaller indys that don't have national exposure, so no one really notices.  They burned their bridges with PWG by no-showing repeatedly,

They'll sign an exclusive streaming deal with their YouTube Channel one of these weeks. :) A team name Reno Scum is a can't miss attraction.

Edit: Apparently it's Thornstowe and the guy with the wackiest look since Sheamus who I don't think sucks if I recall things right. Note: Thornstowe's hair changes rapidly.

v9MKXsS.jpg

ETA: Is it too much to hope he's a cross between WWE Superstar Virgil and Jerry Flynn?

Virgil Flynn is another Bay Area guy who's pretty tiny (like 140 lb?) but can take a beating and do some fearless flying. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPKH6-eO0r4

That's a fun recent match (full disclosure, I'm one of the goobers on commentary)

Virgil Flynn is another Bay Area guy who's pretty tiny (like 140 lb?) but can take a beating and do some fearless flying. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPKH6-eO0r4

That's a fun recent match (full disclosure, I'm one of the goobers on commentary)

This is the one Virgil Flynn match i've seen and its really good 

I've managed against Reno Scum in the distant past (they were actually the first team I managed against in DOA, after I formed the Elite).  Damn good workers, both of them, and I'm glad they got a shot.

And of course, glad the Bollywood Boyz finally get another shot on a big stage after they tore it up in Ring Ka King.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the latest set of tapings from 8/21 in Las Vegas:

*Chael Sonnen cut a promo, demanding a match.

*Tease and Sleaze (Kenny King & Joey Ryan) def. Cielo Misterioso in a Tag Team Tournament match

*Karen Jarrett cut a promo but was interrupted by Amber Gallows.

*PJ Black & The Akbars def. Sonjay Dutt & Los Luchas

*Shelton Benjamin def. JR Kratos in a Global Force Title Tournament match.

*TJ Perkins def. Andrew Everett in a NEX*GEN Title Tournament match

*Bobby Roode cut a promo until he was interrupted by Eric Young and they ended up in a brawl.

*Amber Gallows def. Katarina Waters & Lauren James in a Women's Title Tournament Match. After the match, DOC & Karl Anderson celebrated with Amber and cut a promo.

*Virgil Flynn def. Trevor Lee in a NEX*GEN Title Tournament match

*Chael Sonnen and Chris Mordetzky came out for a promo. Chael ran his mouth about Mickie James which led to Nick Aldis interrupting but Mordetzky beat him down. Phil Baroni had words for Sonnen from the front row and jumped the rail but was held back by security.

*Kevin Kross def. Joey Ryan

*Eric Young def. Bobby Roode in a Global Force Title Tournament match

*Nick Aldis def. Chris Mordetzky in a Global Force Title Tournament match

*Jeff Jarrett cut a promo, thanking the fans for coming out and supporting Global Force.

*The Bullet Club (DOC Gallows & Karl Anderson) def. The Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) in a Tag Team Tournament match

Are there any brackets for these tournaments? Or are we going Bound For Glory Series style with this?

I am almost guessing Young/Roode and Aldis/Masters were the semis because those matches seem way too "big" to be anything but

Are there any brackets for these tournaments? Or are we going Bound For Glory Series style with this?

I am almost guessing Young/Roode and Aldis/Masters were the semis because those matches seem way too "big" to be anything but

On the GFW website Masters/Magnus was listed as a semi, but Roode/EY was listed as a first round match.