DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

Racism, homophobia...man, the only way this tape could get worse for Hulk is if he revealed to Heather he'd once murdered a popular African lion too.

Great Power Uti is still updating his Twitter so that's out the window. 

• Like 1

Regarding previous racist angles and feuds, the Booker T/HHH feud is right there.

Man, I've tried so hard to block that out of my mind all these years.  But yeah, that's Exhibit, A, B, and C.

Racism, homophobia...man, the only way this tape could get worse for Hulk is if he revealed to Heather he'd once murdered a popular African lion too.

Great Power Uti is still updating his Twitter so that's out the window. 

There never was a better time to bring back Leo Kruger as a mega heel.

Random ass observation: Sting as a washed up goof repping WCW arriving 15 years too late easily got Triple H to sell and give more for him than he did for Booker T in their 'Mania match way back then. Of course, to me Goldberg and Sting having to job to the stupid little sledgehammer shot was almost as lame as Booker T having to be laid out for three minutes by the pedigree. So while the Booker T/Triple H feud was pointless garbage I suspect the lack of a payoff had as much to do with "taste my ballsack once again, unworthy WCW scrub!" as it did the racism looming over that whole shit build, feud and match (ending.)

Don't know if this has been posted already so here:

baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2015/7/28/hogan_jail_calls_.html

My takeaway from that is that, if I ever meet Hulk Hogan in person, I'm going to need an interpreter to understand him.

Random ass observation: Sting as a washed up goof repping WCW arriving 15 years too late easily got Triple H to sell and give more for him than he did for Booker T in their 'Mania match way back then. Of course, to me Goldberg and Sting having to job to the stupid little sledgehammer shot was almost as lame as Booker T having to be laid out for three minutes by the pedigree. So while the Booker T/Triple H feud was pointless garbage I suspect the lack of a payoff had as much to do with "taste my ballsack once again, unworthy WCW scrub!" as it did the racism looming over that whole shit build, feud and match (ending.)

I think if Sting or Goldberg were in that match at Wrestlemania 19 the ending would've been the same. I'm sure racism played a part in it, but I honestly believe it was more about Hunter sticking it to a WCW champion when he didn't get to during the Invasion.

I think if Sting or Goldberg were in that match at Wrestlemania 19 the ending would've been the same. I'm sure racism played a part in it, but I honestly believe it was more about Hunter sticking it to a WCW champion when he didn't get to during the Invasion.

The match wasn't racist, everything else leading up to that match were extremely racist.

• Like 2

The match wasn't racist, everything else leading up to that match were extremely racist.

Agreed...but if the payoff wasn't so fucking stupid, the racism wouldn't have mattered. If Booker wins (which logically he should have) then the racism in the story is okay because the point is yeah you can be a stupid, racist fuck but in the process you're going to get your ass kicked by the guy you've been belittling and diminishing.

Has anyone from WWE ever explained why Booker had to lose that match? I feel like it's glossed over by everyone involved and no one ever actually has asked that question.

Agreed...but if the payoff wasn't so fucking stupid, the racism wouldn't have mattered. If Booker wins (which logically he should have) then the racism in the story is okay because the point is yeah you can be a stupid, racist fuck but in the process you're going to get your ass kicked by the guy you've been belittling and diminishing.

Has anyone from WWE ever explained why Booker had to lose that match? I feel like it's glossed over by everyone involved and no one ever actually has asked that question.

Or even better, if Booker had to lose, Triple H could've at least pinned him *right* after the Pedigree instead of laying around for 30 seconds before making the cover.

I think Hogan was being somewhat sincere when throwing out that hypothetical of Brooke hanging and banging with the next Shaq until this hypothetical 10 foot tall 100 billion dollar dude brother knocked her up. Okay, I kind of added in that last part. I mean that wasted defective piece of grown up Hoke jism Nick Hogan never even got that feel good comeback Celebrealality show he so badly wanted when he was sitting his bratty punk ass in jail.

After all, raging racist or not, there is no bigger relevance whore than the Hokester and I'm sure he'd eventually warm to the idea of this Brooke/Manute Mutumbo spawned grandkid being his best chance at having a heir to his superstardom. Of course, the fucker'd be long dead by the time this kid rose to prominence in basketball or sports entertainment. Then again Superstar Graham is still going strong gutting out a painful existence at age 72. Shit, Hogan will probably make it to 99 (or I mean 133 years old adjusted for Hokester hyperbole.) 

Stop trying to make Hoke happen. It's not going to happen.

• Like 2

Thanks, man. This is what I was trying to get at with "racist match ending" which does sound stupid. It's the mix of it all. And even though the finisher endurance test match style hadn't fully became en vogue up to that point, the Austin/Rock matches at WMXVII and even WMXIX were certainly getting things started down that road. Wait....how many stunners did Angle kick out of at the previous Summerslam? So even if the pedigree was still one finisher was super duper protected it was still a joke for it to kill anybody for several minutes.

On a similar token, it leads to another question for that match:

One of the biggest talking points (for good reason) on the WWE's racism is "there's never been a black World Champion", with Mark Henry and King Booker's title reigns being thrown out due to being for "the big gold belt".not the WWE title.

However, the Booker/HHH match was also for the WHC, not the WWE TItle as well.

The question- if Booker T beat Triple H at Mania 19, would that have made the Booker T World Heavyweight Title legitimate as a world title reign (and thus, likely also Mark Henry's later reign)?

• Like 1

Don't know if this has been posted already so here:

baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2015/7/28/hogan_jail_calls_.html

My takeaway from that is that, if I ever meet Hulk Hogan in person, I'm going to need an interpreter to understand him.

and a long, hot shower afterwards to wash off the filth and shame of having been in the vicinity of Hulk Hogan

Since I was totally out of wrestling during that era I need to know what Hunter did to Booker T before they had the match. I doubt Wiki'ng it will do any good in comparison to how one of you guys can lay it out.

Hey, nevermind: 

Booker targeted Evolution after Batista and Randy Orton attacked Booker's former partner, Goldust.[2] Several weeks before WrestleMania, the incumbent champion and Evolution's leader, Triple H, cut a controversial promo on Booker T. Triple H downplayed Booker T's WCW success, pointing out that the WCW Championship had been held by non-wrestlers like Vince Russo and actor David Arquette calling WCW and its title "a joke". He said that "people like" Booker T would never win world championships in WWE. This promo is also often interpreted as racist as Triple H also made reference to Booker T's "nappy" hair and comments implying that Booker T was just in WWE to dance and entertain for "people like" Triple H. During the WrestleMania XIX press conference Michael Cole asked Triple H as to whether he had deliberately cut a racist promo, Triple H claimed this was not the case and that he was just referring to Booker's criminal past.[41] A week later, Booker attacked Triple H in the bathroom, laying him out.[42] However, Booker T lost to Triple H at WrestleMania XIX.[39]

Well that is completely fucked up.

Since I was totally out of wrestling during that era I need to know what Hunter did to Booker T before they had the match. I doubt Wiki'ng it will do any good in comparison to how one of you guys can lay it out.

Hey, nevermind: 

Booker targeted Evolution after Batista and Randy Orton attacked Booker's former partner, Goldust.[2] Several weeks before WrestleMania, the incumbent champion and Evolution's leader, Triple H, cut a controversial promo on Booker T. Triple H downplayed Booker T's WCW success, pointing out that the WCW Championship had been held by non-wrestlers like Vince Russo and actor David Arquette calling WCW and its title "a joke". He said that "people like" Booker T would never win world championships in WWE. This promo is also often interpreted as racist as Triple H also made reference to Booker T's "nappy" hair and comments implying that Booker T was just in WWE to dance and entertain for "people like" Triple H. During the WrestleMania XIX press conference Michael Cole asked Triple H as to whether he had deliberately cut a racist promo, Triple H claimed this was not the case and that he was just referring to Booker's criminal past.[41] A week later, Booker attacked Triple H in the bathroom, laying him out.[42] However, Booker T lost to Triple H at WrestleMania XIX.[39]

Well that is completely fucked up.

What this doesn't point out is Ric Flair calling Booker T "boy," telling him to carry his bags and I believe HHH said Booker T was there to shuck and jive. There's also a whole lot more to it.