DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

5-AB3M.gif

Makabe’s punches are not better than either of the Ding-Dong’s punches.  EITHER OF THEM

MAKABE throws three punches that are SOMEHOW SHITTIERshittierSHITTIER than your average Abyss punch combined with your shittiest Ken Anderson punch. I AM NOT FUCKING EXAGERATING.  GO LOOK!"

5-AB3M.gif

Makabe’s punches are not better than either of the Ding-Dong’s punches.  EITHER OF THEM

MAKABE throws three punches that are SOMEHOW SHITTIERshittierSHITTIER than your average Abyss punch combined with your shittiest Ken Anderson punch. I AM NOT FUCKING EXAGERATING.  GO LOOK!"

Why does he aim so fucking high?  He throws his punches like he's trying to punch them in the top of the head, which would look stupid even if he didn't miss by 18 inches.

5-AB3M.gif

Why does he aim so fucking high?  He throws his punches like he's trying to punch them in the top of the head, which would look stupid even if he didn't miss by 18 inches.

"Because of the way the match was going I'm not sure these spots weren't on purpose to tell you that this match is falling apart because he's hurt and make it more real. It did feel like that was the case. When you can take a match to the level where you go beyond suspending...you know this was like in a new dimension of believability in a sense that you know it's fake but what is real and what is not real as far as what is going on in this match and then they're blowing spots and are they really the blowing spots because the blown spots seem to figure in." - Dave Meltzer

• Like 1

5-AB3M.gif

"Because of the way the match was going I'm not sure these spots weren't on purpose to tell you that this match is falling apart because he's hurt and make it more real. It did feel like that was the case. When you can take a match to the level where you go beyond suspending...you know this was like in a new dimension of believability in a sense that you know it's fake but what is real and what is not real as far as what is going on in this match and then they're blowing spots and are they really the blowing spots because the blown spots seem to figure in." - Dave Meltzer

sb3hn4.gif

Yeah, that makes sense.  I understand everything you are saying.  I agree totally. 

• Like 2

The only explanations are 1) Dave is somewhere on The Spectrum (come on, who among us hasn't thought that at least once?) or 2) there are some really sweet drugs out there in Campbell, Cali.

i just re-read that paragraph two more times and, Jesus Christ, it is fucking dumb.  "They're blowing spots because they're taking the match to another level" is some shit Vince Russo would have been burned at the stake for even attempting.  I enjoy Dave for the most part but his Puroblindness is maddening.

The only explanations are 1) Dave is somewhere on The Spectrum (come on, who among us hasn't thought that at least once?) or 2) there are some really sweet drugs out there in Campbell, Cali.

i just re-read that paragraph two more times and, Jesus Christ, it is fucking dumb.  "They're blowing spots because they're taking the match to another level" is some shit Vince Russo would have been burned at the stake for even attempting.  I enjoy Dave for the most part but his Puroblindness is maddening.

I'm just gonna assume he meant to say, "It looks more real because boxers miss punches sometimes" but between his brain and his mouth that sentence took a detour.