DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

TNA will be announcing shortly that the scheduled 12/2 to 12/4 tour of India has been canceled.

Talent that had been booked on the tour were contacted more than two hours ago stating the tour is now off.  TNA had planned the semifinals of its world title tournament as well as a live PPV in India during the three nights.

TNA claimed to talent the tour was being postponed to 2016.  

Talent was told the tour was canceled due to safety concerns.  They were scheduled to leave this weekend.  Everyone is scrambling now to find bookings for this weekend on short notice.

The tour was being promoted by TNA's broadcast partners, Sony Six, and TNA had already done advanced work for the tour as well as spent months pushing Mahabili Shera for its partners.

12190122_1050329131664342_51939502670949

• Like 2

Is ISIS in India?

No, but apparently talent were to fly through Paris.

I have a hard time believing they couldn't have found a way to take flights that don't have them anywhere near Paris.  And why was this decided now when this has been an issue for weeks?

But man, after all that hype they did only to cancel it, that's just really fucking sad.  I'd like to think they have legit safety concerns, but it just seems like an easy excuse to back out of an empty promise.

Global Force Wrestling may not have any new shows scheduled and while we await the debut of GFW Amped, the promotion did crown a new champion Friday night as Sonjay Dutt defeated P.J. Black (the former Justin Gabriel) to become the NexGen champion, their version of the X Division or cruiserweight champion.

Black had won a tournament for the title on 10/23 in Las Vegas in a four-way final match with TJP, Jigsaw, and Virgil Flynn. On that same night, Nick "Magnus" Aldis beat Bobby Roode for the GFW title while Christina Von Eerie downed Amber Gallows for their women's title.

A former mainstay in TNA and plenty of indies, the 33-year-old Dutt has been part of the promotion's roster since May.

The match in Winston-Salem, NC at WrestleCade, a show built around the Thanksgiving wrestling tradition in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem metropolitan area. Another show is scheduled there for Saturday, headlined by Jeff Jarrett vs. Matt Hardy.

What's the big hold up with WWE signing Kurt again - is his health that bad they couldn't bring him in for a short run, or one last match?. I remember them dropping Angle like a bad habit but he was quickly snapped up by TNA & did that big angle with Joe. I wonder in hindsight how Kurt would have fit into things if he stayed around in the WWE and they let him heal up and work a lighter schedule. Plus has any wrestler stayed retired? I know the Funker has retired and unretired a billion times, but he has a free pass cause he's TERRY FUNK~! 

What's the big hold up with WWE signing Kurt again - is his health that bad they couldn't bring him in for a short run, or one last match?. I remember them dropping Angle like a bad habit but he was quickly snapped up by TNA & did that big angle with Joe. I wonder in hindsight how Kurt would have fit into things if he stayed around in the WWE and they let him heal up and work a lighter schedule. Plus has any wrestler stayed retired? I know the Funker has retired and unretired a billion times, but he has a free pass cause he's TERRY FUNK~! 

Pretty much the only modern wrestler who ever retired and stayed retired was Jack Brisco.

(Unless there's someone in Mexico or Japan, maybe.)

From what Metlzer has said over the years, there's no interest from the E.  Apparently, Kurt puts out feelers whenever his contract comes near expiration.  His release from the WWE seems to have been motivated mostly by wellness issues.  He couldn't have passed a wellness test and the company felt he would refuse to seek help for his drug issues,  I think I remember Metlzer reporting they asked him to go to rehab and he declined,  At the time, Meltzer seemed to think there was some legitimate concern for his health (or, at least, a fear he would die on their watch).

Pretty much the only modern wrestler who ever retired and stayed retired was Jack Brisco.

(Unless there's someone in Mexico or Japan, maybe.)

Blitzkreig?

From what Metlzer has said over the years, there's no interest from the E.  Apparently, Kurt puts out feelers whenever his contract comes near expiration.  His release from the WWE seems to have been motivated mostly by wellness issues.  He couldn't have passed a wellness test and the company felt he would refuse to seek help for his drug issues,  I think I remember Metlzer reporting they asked him to go to rehab and he declined,  At the time, Meltzer seemed to think there was some legitimate concern for his health (or, at least, a fear he would die on their watch).

Yeah - apparently HHH would bring him in for a brief run and the legends deal but Vince is against it since he is terrified of an Olympic Gold Medalist dying while under contract to the WWE

Why do I have the bad feeling that Angle's gonna wind up in one of those Bellator freakshow MMA matches with Ken Shamrock or Kimbo Slice or some nonsense?

He was on Bellator a few weeks back to announce Shamrock/Gracie and said that he hopes an Angle/Shamrock fight does happen sometime.

I honestly believe if Kurt Angle didn't die under TNA's watch (and let's face it he could have) where medical concerns are iffy at best (see Daffney, Jesse Sorrensen, others) and drugs flowed ALLEGEDELY freely he could probably go back to the WWE for a minimal run with no problems.