DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

Ughhhh....IGN is saying that the showcase mode starts with beating Jake at KOTR.  BOOOO

The only way I could see this work is if it starts here and then as we go forward in time, we also go back in time. So as SCSA starts his feud with the Hart Foundation, the storyline pauses to go back to WCW and the Hollywood Blondes to bring up Pillman and how he's connected to Austin. Then after a Hollywood Blondes vs. Steamboat/Rhodes match we go back into SCSA vs. the Hart Foundation. Then we lead into SCSA vs. HBK, but we go back in time to "Superstar" Steve Austin vs. ECW Champion Sandman to show Austin failing to win a major title. Use the past to make the "current" more important.

• Like 2

It has restholds this time specifically to regain stamina

And that's definitely an improvement, I just think stamina will still go down too quickly. As I said, you'll have to use restholds virtually every match, which...I guess is realistic?

Probably just my resentment for HUDs in wrestling games. I never liked them. The wrestlers should get progressively tired and move slower, but there shouldn't be a set, color coded amount.

What are the odds for some Heel turn/Power Trip stuff?

Beat downs on Kane/Taker, Hardyz, Lita, Jericho/Benoit. Yeah, I think I answered my own question. Still would be nice to have some old school arena's and costumes.

I'd say the Kane/Taker stuff is a definite, but I'm sure you already knew that.

How else are they going to fill up 2001? They can't have his matches with Angle either. I suppose they could just video package from WM X-7 to X8 with Hall, carefully leaving out HH, of course.

They also got Hogan for 2K14 when he still had some deal with TNA. Not sure what it was, but they were upset about it.

I'm assuming he isn't in, I obviously haven't heard for sure. It is odd, however, that he basically lobbied to be back with WWE last year when his contract expired and they flat out wouldn't take him. Not the case with Hogan (pre racist rant).

Ughhhh....IGN is saying that the showcase mode starts with beating Jake at KOTR.  BOOOO

Pity, I was hoping they'd start at the very beginning of his career and 2kSports was prepared to cut a royalty check to Texas indy jobber Frogman LeBlanc and the estate of Chris Adams.

• Like 2

Apparently Nattie confirmed that Jim Neidhart will be in this year's game on Total Divas. I didn't see it so I don't know the specifics.

I would imagine the Hart Foundation is in, minus Owen, of course.

Nattie is the only person who would ever actually play as Jim Neidhart.

and only when he's in the room.

Is the statute of limitations on this post too far gone for me to make a Battle Kat joke?

They also got Hogan for 2K14 when he still had some deal with TNA. Not sure what it was, but they were upset about it.

I'm assuming he isn't in, I obviously haven't heard for sure. It is odd, however, that he basically lobbied to be back with WWE last year when his contract expired and they flat out wouldn't take him. Not the case with Hogan (pre racist rant).

I think the thing with Angle is that he still probably wants to wrestle a limited schedule, whereas Hogan was with being in his "ambassador" role or whatever.

I think the thing with Angle is that he still probably wants to wrestle a limited schedule, whereas Hogan was with being in his "ambassador" role or whatever.

Maybe. There were rumors at the time that Hunter just didn't want him back, but I obviously can't confirm or deny that.