DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - May

Death From Above

Yikes. The Brewers have just FE'd Ron Roenicke.

The Brewers fire sale will be starting soon. I could absolutely see Matt Garza being dealt to Boston to add another #3 or 4 starter to their rotation.

Does Aramis Ramirez have a no-trade? If not he will provide a nice bat to a contending team in need.

I just looked it up and was surprised to see he doesn't have 5/10 status with Milwaukee. It feels like he's been with them longer, but his first season with them was 2012. He's already announced this is probably his last season, so I gotta think he'd want to go out with a chance to win a championship. 

• Like 1

The White Sox players are trying to take the heat that is coming Robin Ventura's way by coming out and being all WE ARE THE ONES PLAYING!!! WE SUCK!!!

aww... you clearly don't read Hardball Talk

And for the record - any team would be doing this if they were in the same position

I am not saying it's right just a reminder as everyone is all EVIL EMPIRE~!

Jays hitting coach Brook Jacoby suspended 14 games for "conduct toward umpiring crew"

It’s unclear what Jacoby did specifically, but Jeff Blair of Sportsnet.ca recently reported that Toronto’s coaching staff and Bill Miller’s umpiring crew were yelling at each other after a game last Wednesday. Apparently things got so heated that there has been a change of policy at Fenway Park as a result where visiting teams will be required to wait until the umpires come off the field before going into the dugout walkway after a game. Both use the same hallway at the stadium.

The Cardinals cannot be killed. The Cubs were killing the ball in the first inning and the Cardinals answered with a Grand Slam. The Cubs would put up more runs and the Cardinals kept answering, taking the lead in the 7th inning. Final score was 10-9. I have an awful feeling that come October, you can look back to this game to see just how unstoppable the Cards can be.

The Cardinals cannot be killed. The Cubs were killing the ball in the first inning and the Cardinals answered with a Grand Slam. The Cubs would put up more runs and the Cardinals kept answering, taking the lead in the 7th inning. Final score was 10-9. I have an awful feeling that come October, you can look back to this game to see just how unstoppable the Cards can be.

Personally speaking, I think it's a sign that they are using all there magic early.

Personally speaking, I think it's a sign that they are using all there magic early.

I think most are looking at the game from an odd angle. Sure, it's a lousy loss, but in years past the Cubs wouldn't have put up those runs let alone competed the way they did. This is a still a team in the finishing run of a rebuild, and I had them pegged as at best a Wild Card team this year. They've shown that they can possibly be better than that. The starting pitching is there, the offense is there, the defense is there in some areas and average in others. The only real weakness on the team right now is the bullpen, and with Grimm close to coming back I think that will be somewhat shored up soon. However, we've reached a stage where the team can have a glaring weakness and still compete, that's a lot of progress that people are ignoring by taking a micro view of a macro situation.

Jays hitting coach Brook Jacoby suspended 14 games for "conduct toward umpiring crew"

It’s unclear what Jacoby did specifically, but Jeff Blair of Sportsnet.ca recently reported that Toronto’s coaching staff and Bill Miller’s umpiring crew were yelling at each other after a game last Wednesday. Apparently things got so heated that there has been a change of policy at Fenway Park as a result where visiting teams will be required to wait until the umpires come off the field before going into the dugout walkway after a game. Both use the same hallway at the stadium.

Having just finished Tim Hornbaker's bio of Ty Cobb, this story needs more planned fights underneath the stands. Just square off and settle it. :)
  • Like 1

I think most are looking at the game from an odd angle. Sure, it's a lousy loss, but in years past the Cubs wouldn't have put up those runs let alone competed the way they did. This is a still a team in the finishing run of a rebuild, and I had them pegged as at best a Wild Card team this year. They've shown that they can possibly be better than that. The starting pitching is there, the offense is there, the defense is there in some areas and average in others. The only real weakness on the team right now is the bullpen, and with Grimm close to coming back I think that will be somewhat shored up soon. However, we've reached a stage where the team can have a glaring weakness and still compete, that's a lot of progress that people are ignoring by taking a micro view of a macro situation.

My comment had little to do with the Cubs and more to do with how resilient the Cards are.