DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - May

Death From Above

So after Adrian Beltre hit career #400 HR last night

Miguel Cabrera hit his 400th today

Cabrera also now is the all time HR leader from Venezula (remember poor poor Andres Galarraga got stuck at 399)

So which do you think is a bigger deal? A 3rd baseman doing it or someone doing it in 12 years?
How about doing it in 12 years while playing over a third of your games at 3B? I'll take that option :)

Not sure how many guys have hit 400 HRs in their first 12 seasons. Can't be too long a list. Mantle, Pujols, A-Rod, those guys are on the list, among others. Especially impressive for A-Rod (even with the roids) since 2 of those 12 seasons he barely played.

I'm gonna have to say 3B hitting 400 HRs. That list is really short. There's Schmidt and Mathews and Beltre and ...

So which do you think is a bigger deal? A 3rd baseman doing it or someone doing it in 12 years?
How about doing it in 12 years while playing over a third of your games at 3B? I'll take that option :)

Not sure how many guys have hit 400 HRs in their first 12 seasons. Can't be too long a list. Mantle, Pujols, A-Rod, those guys are on the list, among others. Especially impressive for A-Rod (even with the roids) since 2 of those 12 seasons he barely played.

I'm gonna have to say 3B hitting 400 HRs. That list is really short. There's Schmidt and Mathews and Beltre and ...

A-Rod will probably be part of the 400 3B HR club by the end of his career. From '95-'03, he hit 345 home runs. From 2004, his first year at third, he's hit 318. 

Cabrera is a month ahead of Hank Aaron (in terms of age when hitting their 400th HR)

Of course there is no way Cabrera's body holds on that long